Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2017, 17:17   #1
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched - LED headlamps, LED DRLs and reversing camera

Volkswagen has officially launched the Vento Highline Plus in India, at prices starting from Rs. 10.85 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai). This new trim level is now the top-end variant of the Vento line-up.

The Vento Highline Plus comes with full LED headlamps, LED daytime running lights (DRLs) and a reverse camera. Other features that this new variant borrows from the lower trim levels include Zirkonia alloy wheels, rain sensing wipers, rear AC vents, cooled glove box and an auto-dimming IRVM. The Vento continues to be offered with safety features like anti-lock braking system (ABS) and dual airbags as standard.

Mechanically, the Vento Highline Plus is identical to the lower trims. It is available with all three engine options - 1.6-litre MPI petrol, 1.2-litre TSI petrol and 1.5-litre TDI diesel.

Prices (ex-showroom, Mumbai)
• 1.6 MPI MT Highline Plus - Rs. 10,84,550
• 1.2 TSI DSG Highline Plus - Rs. 12,06,302
• 1.5 TDI MT Highline Plus - Rs. 12,20,163
• 1.5 TDI DSG Highline Plus - Rs. 13,42,677

Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched - LED headlamps, LED DRLs and reversing camera-unnamed.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 5th April 2017 at 17:18.
dZired is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 08:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched - LED headlamps, LED DRLs and reversing camera

Someone I know was told the TSI DSG doesn't come in Highline anymore and only available in Highline Plus. Is this true? The VW pricelist has not been updated.

Also, does the Comfortline have all black interiors for the TSI DSG? The VW specsheet says so, but want to confirm its true for the AT.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 08:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched - LED headlamps, LED DRLs and reversing camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Also, does the Comfortline have all black interiors for the TSI DSG? The VW specsheet says so, but want to confirm its true for the AT.
Comfortline Variant comes with Black Interiors as standard, irrespective of which engine & Gearbox you choose from. While Highline/Highline Plus only comes in Beige.

While the spec sheets will be fairly accurate, VW adds some minor features to its products every new Year. So, a MY17 car is more loaded then MY16. Even though only the Highline Plus gets the LED headlights, few additions to other variants will also be made.
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 09:00   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Prices (ex-showroom, Mumbai)
• 1.6 MPI MT Highline Plus - Rs. 10,84,550
• 1.2 TSI DSG Highline Plus - Rs. 12,06,302
• 1.5 TDI MT Highline Plus - Rs. 12,20,163
• 1.5 TDI DSG Highline Plus - Rs. 13,42,677
The only competition when it comes to offering such a package is the Honda City 2017 facelift. And the Vento seems to be priced about 60k-80k cheaper than it.

Honda City iVTec VX - 11,64,990
Honda City iVTec VX CVT - 12,84,990

Honda City iDTec VX - 12,86,990

Where the Honda has really upped the game is in offering another fully loaded ZX trim on top of these variants (and what Vento offers) with 6 airbags and a sunroof.

Honda City iVTec ZX CVT - 13,52,990
Honda City iDTec ZX - 13,56,990

Whereas Vento has the upperhand in offering a good automatic in the DSG mated to the excellent TDi and TSi engines - at prices comparatively well cheaper than the City.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 09:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

The 1.6L petrol returns? or it was always available?
I also wish they launch the 1.6 for Polo with MT too as an option if this is 1.6's comeback.
Old 6th April 2017, 09:58   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

So finally the Highline Plus is officially announced. VW should do a better job with these new launches. Maybe throw a launch event like the others do.

Prices have really gone north- 12.06 Lakhs for the TSI Highline Plus- Translates into roughly 14.5L OTR Bangalore. In 2013 November I bought my TSI Highline from the first batch of cars, the Ex-Showroom was 9.99 and OTR was ~12.3L. So a 2L+ increase in 3.5 years.

What does the current car have that I dont?
  • LED Headlamps and DRL's
  • Auto Leveling Headlamps
  • Touchscreen Infotainment System
  • Reverse Camera (I do have both the above via the Philadelphia 835, but that was an extra addition).
  • Minor External Styling changes
  • Cruise Control
  • Rain Sensing Wipers
  • Electrically Foldable Mirrors
  • ORVM Indicators
  • Sporty Flatbottom Steering Wheel
  • Dead pedal
  • Cooled Glovebox
  • Footwell Lights
  • Auto IRVM
  • Static Cornering Lights

Good thing from my perspective is that the the most important things- Engine, Gearbox and Safety features have not changed. I would love to have all the features mentioned above, but 2-2.5L more in 3 years seems a bit too much. Of course, I think the LED Headlamps itself contributes 70-80K (Am sure the other cars have also seen similar price hikes with lesser features added).

Overall, since the Jetta is being discontinued, I wish VW had equipped the highline plus with 6 airbags and also provided a manual TSI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I also wish they launch the 1.6 for Polo with MT too as an option if this is 1.6's comeback.
It has always been there. The MT Petrol has been the 1.6 right from the start.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 6th April 2017 at 09:59.
Rajeevraj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 10:16   #7
BANNED

Still Volkswagen can't equip the Vento with 6 airbags! They are asking a bomb for the car, the least they could have done is increase the safety aspect. It's so disheartening to know that barring the Honda City , no other car in this segment has class leading safety features.
The Rationalist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 10:50   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched - LED headlamps, LED DRLs and reversing camera

Just love LED headlamps - you have to see them in person to appreciate how beautiful they look . Pat on the back to VW for somehow keeping their cars relevant, even though they are so OLD now.

Always nice to see the trickle down effect. Only a matter of time before other mass market cars get LED headlamps.
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 11:07   #9
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched at Rs. 10.85 lakh

Good to see that VW have added the reverse camera on this variant. Last heard that there was 10% off on all variants of the Polo and Vento. If they extend that offer to the HighLine Plus variant, the price comes down to a pretty decent looking number.

And 6 airbags would definitely been a welcome addition. Wonder why they decided to skip it.

Last edited by GTO : 7th April 2017 at 11:14. Reason: Typo
Old 6th April 2017, 11:13   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched - LED headlamps, LED DRLs and reversing camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Someone I know was told the TSI DSG doesn't come in Highline anymore and only available in Highline Plus. Is this true? The VW pricelist has not been updated.

Yes the highline is discontinued and only Highline plus is available now, it also costs around 15.6 lacs OTR bangalore(TSI) (Confirmed by SA from Volkswagen palace Cross), which is almost 90K more then the highline. The rates have really shot up, the LED lamps are causing a major dent on the pocket, and for people who probably did not want it have no option to select Highline anymore.

Last edited by AtheK : 6th April 2017 at 11:19.
AtheK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 11:38   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Still Volkswagen can't equip the Vento with 6 airbags! It's so disheartening to know that barring the Honda City , no other car in this segment has class leading safety features.
The fluidic Verna has had it since its launch in 2011
Karthik Chandra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 11:52   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
It was always there. The manual petrol variants were 1.6 MPi and automatics were 1.2 TSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
The fluidic Verna has had it since its launch in 2011
Ecosport since 2013. Not to forget the mass market first i20 Asta, that brought them as early as 2008.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 11:53   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched at Rs. 10.85 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Good to see that VW have added the reverse camera on this variant. Last heard that there was 10% off on all variants of the Polo and Vento. If they extend that offer to the HighLine Plus variant, the price comes down to a pretty decnt looking number.
And 6 airbags would definitely been a welcome addition. Wonder why they decided to skip it.
Only on the 2016 models, i have just soft blocked one for my brother in law but that was the last TSI the dealer had.

For 2017 model they have a 20K discount on comfortline TSI, with nothing on highline plus TSI.

Last edited by AtheK : 6th April 2017 at 11:57.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 12:38   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Yes the highline is discontinued and only Highline plus is available now, it also costs around 15.6 lacs OTR bangalore(TSI) (Confirmed by SA from Volkswagen palace Cross), which is almost 90K more then the highline. The rates have really shot up, the LED lamps are causing a major dent on the pocket, and for people who probably did not want it have no option to select Highline anymore.
I had an inquiry with Elite VW, Hosur Road. The sales person quoted 15.59 for Highline Plus TSI and told that there is no more Highline ! Going to take a test drive this weekend as I am keen on TSI DSG. But the price of Highline Plus is about a lakh more than my already stretched budget

What are the main things I would miss in a comfort line ?
Alloys (which can be done outside), LED lights, reverse camera, rain sensing wipers, electrically foldable mirrors, spacemax seat adjustment, auto leveling headlamps etc. OTR price for comfort line would be around 13.2 lakhs in Bangalore. I am in a dilemma !

Last edited by Revy : 6th April 2017 at 12:45.
Revy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 13:02   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
I had an inquiry with Elite VW, Hosur Road. The sales person quoted 15.59 for Highline Plus TSI and told that there is no more Highline ! Going to take a test drive this weekend as I am keen on TSI DSG. But the price of Highline Plus is about a lakh more than my already stretched budget

What are the main things I would miss in a comfort line ?
Alloys (which can be done outside), LED lights, reverse camera, rain sensing wipers, electrically foldable mirrors, spacemax seat adjustment, auto leveling headlamps etc. OTR price for comfort line would be around 13.2 lakhs in Bangalore. I am in a dilemma !
You can get a good touch screen system and do a reverse camera along with it.
Rain sensing wipers still need to be put on, it will adjust speed according to intensity of rain. (You can skip this)
Electrically foldable mirror, can be lived without.

The major miss is Beige interiors (Subject to personal preference, many prefer the Black) and Steering mounted controls. Steering mounted controls you can get the remote to control music but you can not control the MID.

If you are already stretching your budget, you can get majority of the stuff done later when you get disposable cash.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks