Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2017, 00:03   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: March 2017 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Its time for the number game again...

1. Amazing to see Baleno doing 16,000+ sales and overtaking Dzire and Swift. Maruti has created a Complete Value for Money Winner

2. I am still surprised to see i10 Grand sell so much - at that price, I believe the Ignis should catch up and give it a good fight in near future maybe?

3. Kwid continues to sell at 10,000+, the Govt should impose on Renault to provide ABS and Dual Airbags on this car. Kwid has ensured the Alto remains at the sub 20K levels - big blow to MSIL

4. Creta crosses 10K, shows that the SUV Trend is still extremely strong in the market. The Brezza number of 10K+ underlines this trend further

5. Innova still sells 7K, no wonder Toyota will keep increasing its prices...

6. City regains lead over Ciaz with Facelift.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2017, 18:34   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
Spoke to people who work with TATA and it seems there was no supply chain constraints as such for Hexa. I guess it is sales tapering off. Hate to see such a good car lose to Innova.
There is no problem with the Hexa as such, tt's just that Innova image is so far ahead as a premium brand that the gap cannot be bridged in one go. Tata will have to constantly chip away the gap by launching hassle free reliable products & peace of mind service.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 8th April 2017 at 18:41. Reason: Please avoid posting with excessive dots. Post edited for formatting.
jayram.r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 00:19   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayram.r View Post
There is no problem with the Hexa as such, tt's just that Innova image is so far ahead as a premium brand that the gap cannot be bridged in one go. Tata will have to constantly chip away the gap by launching hassle free reliable products & peace of mind service.
I understand the problem Hexa faces, but if this vehicle was really intended to take Innova head on, then there had to be one flagship killer feature, be it price, engine mapping options, customizations, safety etc, but alas.
Carma2017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 01:02   #49
BHPian

Really happy to see Skoda Rapid being in the top gainers of the month. The new facelift has got the looks and is awesome to drive. With the build quality, safety, driving pleasure this car offers it is very disappointing to see low numbers in the previous months. I wish this uptrend continues and Skoda improves upon there service to attract more customers.
Old 9th April 2017, 13:34   #50
Senior - BHPian

Hexa is suffering because TATA did not introduce it at disruptive prices and better features in all variants. Only their top of the line variants has all cool options and that's expensive.

Another obvious reason is the Innova, 2 of my friends just bought the Innova, they did not even consider the Hexa.

Toyota is doing magical numbers in the D2 segment with the Fortuner. Even the more competent Endeavour is not able to stop it's march. But Ford should really stop playing with Endeavour's pricing too.

Superb in the D2 segment is doing better now but I think Skoda is just waiting for the Kodiaq to arrive.
stanjohn123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 14:23   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Hexa is suffering because TATA did not introduce it at disruptive prices and better features in all variants. Only their top of the line variants has all cool options and that's expensive.
After seeing the pricing and no discounting policy of Tata on the Tiago and the Hexa, I believe that they have adopted a policy of standing firm on price for these two cars since they are genuinely competitive in their respective segments. It's a brave policy to have since the reputation in the market is nowhere close to Toyota or Hyundai. Good luck to them! We really deserve strong competitors in the car market.
Motard_Blr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 10:16   #52
BHPian

Good to see that the Baleno has done quite well. In fact it has been consistently hitting 10K and has hit a spike last month. This just proves that nothing is wrong with the NEXA policy and in fact its a well thought out policy. Also the success of Baleno puts to myth the reasons (in fact excuses!) given by few people on the failure of S-Cross. S-Cross failure has been purely down to bad introduction pricing, non-availability of petrol motor. However some people on this forum gave excuses saying that since Nexa is not in many places people are not buying the S-Cross and it was quite a funny defence/excuse. What they have to say now about the Baleno?

P.S - In fact even the Ignis has been hitting 4.8K,5K. This should put the myth the excuses given for S-cross. The target for S-cross was 5K per month and its hitting only 2K!!

Last edited by searacer932 : 10th April 2017 at 10:17.
Old 10th April 2017, 14:57   #53
BHPian

Anyone have the sales figures of Isuzu V Cross from launch till date?
raja_ys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 15:29   #54
BHPian

Baleno: 16k+. And it is not a surprise, Baleno was destined to this. i20 needs to be much more than cautious.

Kwid vs Alto: It's just a matter of Renault's pan-India reach and its capacity to fulfill the demand. Kwid is definitely a much more value for money and being much more contemporary. Notice, Hyundai failed in this segment.

Ciaz: Down by 16%. Its demise has just started, and with revised FAME rule Ciaz would see a price hike and the same may not happen to Ertiga because of better value proposition.

Hexa: Waiting for the day when it will undercut pseudo SUVs like Brezza, Creta, and Eco Sport. Tata needs to be on war-footing to listen to customers and respond. A number less than 1000 may not be worried.

Fortuner/Innova: Also waiting how over-priced models like Fortuner will face new launches like Compass, Tiguan and Kodiaq. Another over-priced Innova may not find a competitor easily, but who knows some one will do a Kwid..

Well, 3 years from now, I expect very few of the models would stand the test of:
1. BS-VI and its associated cost
2. Battery operated cars (and like of Tesla Model-3)
kbishwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 17:32   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Toyota is doing magical numbers in the D2 segment with the Fortuner. Even the more competent Endeavour is not able to stop it's march. But Ford should really stop playing with Endeavour's pricing too.
I am not sure what people like in Fortuner checked both of them multiple times with friend's & family no one voted for Fortuner. Needless to mention the better 3.2 engine, the build quality, features everything is better in Ford.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 17:55   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
I am not sure what people like in Fortuner checked both of them multiple times with friend's & family no one voted for Fortuner. Needless to mention the better 3.2 engine, the build quality, features everything is better in Ford.
My guess is that most that buy the Fortuner couldn't care less to know their cars. They want something big and famous and costs 35Lakh.
prakash_ajp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 23:13   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think the better interiors for Ford are only in the Titanium variant. At the same price point it's better to opt for Fortuner for the better resale value and brand image. Also I'm sure the Fortuner gives much better fuel mileage than the Fords 3.2 as well.
stanjohn123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 23:17   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The answer lies in brand image which is associated with low running costs and very good reliability and secondly excellent resale value.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 15:50   #59
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mercedes Sales (as per their press release):

Quote:
India’s largest luxury carmaker Mercedes-Benz today announced its best ever quarterly sales buoyed by reviving market sentiments. The company recorded its best quarter by selling 3,650 units in the January-March 2017 period, supported by the strong sales momentum in the SUV segment.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 06:20   #60
Senior - BHPian

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...w/58137054.cms

SUVs constitute one out of every four vehicles sold in India. This of course is not surprising at all.

"They seem to fit the bill as they are easy on the pocket when it comes to affordability, and also give a sense of off-roaders in their shape and design. The trick works with buyers and we are happy to ride the wave," an official with a top company said, requesting anonymity.
Nothing signified this more aptly than the Renault Kwid, a small car that sports an "SUV-like" design. "It is known as the chhota (mini) Duster in the market," a leading industry official said, linking the Kwid's success to its bigger sibling, the Duster SUV

Tricking the Indian customer is all very well but why do they then give the same Kwid with the requisite safety features when sold in Brazil (as we read recently in a thread here)?
If the buyers yearn for SUV shaped vehicles give them but do not water them down completely in terms of safety - specific to the Indian market.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks