Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2006, 06:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

Verna crdi NO ABS why ??

Why is the verna crdi not being offered with abs ??
The sales person was saying that hyundai decided not to install abs because the engine was too heavy... Is the weight of a car a factor in installing abs ???
My dad said the braking experience was sacry when he tried to bring the car to a complete halt at about 120-130 ..
Can anybody Please confirm this ???
Old 2nd November 2006, 09:31   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The sales person was saying that hyundai decided not to install abs because the engine was too heavy... Is the weight of a car a factor in installing abs ???
Rubbish. Weight has nothing to do with it. The real reason is cost, and to differentiate the petrol / diesel versions.

If anything, the Verna common-rail needs the ABS more than the Petrol since it is much faster.
Old 2nd November 2006, 09:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Although ABS is not available as a standard feature in the CRDi version it is available as an optional feature for RS. 20,000[approx] extra.
ABS is installed from hyundai side by paying extra cash so what is the logic of the salesmen in this case??
Old 2nd November 2006, 10:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765
Why is the verna crdi not being offered with abs ??
My dad said the braking experience was sacry when he tried to bring the car to a complete halt at about 120-130 ..
Can anybody Please confirm this ???
They have realeased 2 models in Diesel , and the higher one comes with an ABS and all round discs . This car needs a good driver to take her to limits. one thing I noticed is that , where a normal car decelerates a bit when the accelerator pedal is left , I mean car slows a bit down but Verna when you leave the accelerator the car doesnt seem to slow down, I mean dip or what ever the technical name is ...its quite scary in the begning but what an Engine , really makes people gaga over it . Imagine a V6 Crdi in Sonata for 16 lacs...Mama...mia....I hate hyundai ....to be frank but I gotta admit onething...their diesels literally rock right now !
Old 2nd November 2006, 11:00   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Rubbish. Weight has nothing to do with it. The real reason is cost, and to differentiate the petrol / diesel versions.

If anything, the Verna common-rail needs the ABS more than the Petrol since it is much faster.
Ditto Skoda policy also

When I was considering an ABS Santro - "sir, ABS not required in town" - hmmm, i know a guy who could have done with ABS when a trailer was abandoned in the mibble of airport road!!!

Last edited by ajmat : 2nd November 2006 at 11:02.
Old 2nd November 2006, 11:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

[quote=maxbhp]They have realeased 2 models in Diesel , and the higher one comes with an ABS and all round discs . /QUOTE]
Since when?
Old 2nd November 2006, 11:40   #7
Senior - BHPian

It could be more of marketing ploy than any technical. Verna CRDi with ABS, plus all the bells & whistles (ICE, Alloys, etc) would price it almost equal to Elantra CRDi (8.63 ex showroom).
I guess they have make a case for:
(1) Accent CRDi without ABS (7.15L),
(2) Verna CRDi without ABS (7.35L) and
(3) Elantra CRDi (with ABS, EBD, Airbags, etc) (8.63L)
Old 2nd November 2006, 12:33   #8
BHPian

MAXBHP: seriously, since when have they got 2 models in the VERNA Crdi? As far as i know/i have seen, they have only one model and that is with no frills.

Main reason Hyundai is not giving ABS as standard is the price issue. Already the Cost of the Verna is high coz of the upgraded and better engine, so they have cut all extras that one can do without... while in this segment AC & Power Windows have become a necessity, so that is provided. Wish they had even given the Power side view mirrors.
Old 2nd November 2006, 12:51   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
MAXBHP: seriously, since when have they got 2 models in the VERNA Crdi? As far as i know/i have seen, they have only one model and that is with no frills.
Hyundai does have option for ABS (along with disc brakes on all wheels) with Verna CRDi. The sale guy told me it would cost approx Rs 20,000/- extra and had to be made-to-order and so more time for delivery.
Old 2nd November 2006, 12:54   #10

Yes,this is a serious omission from Hyundais part(obviously due to cost reasons) and more so when one considers the serious speeds this car is capable of.I've heard of 4wheel disc and ABS as an option on this car
Old 2nd November 2006, 13:38   #11
BHPian

MSDIVY, exactly what i am saying... There is no model with Verna with ABS as "standard equipment". ABS is OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT at an extra cost.

That was to ask MAXBHP as to which second version of diesel verna he is talking of, as an option added car is not consider as a "variant"
Old 2nd November 2006, 13:53   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
MSDIVY, exactly what i am saying... There is no model with Verna with ABS as "standard equipment". ABS is OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT at an extra cost.

That was to ask MAXBHP as to which second version of diesel verna he is talking of, as an option added car is not consider as a "variant"
Ohhh, Option Vs Variant,
Old 2nd November 2006, 17:10   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
.... when a trailer was abandoned in the mibble of airport road!!!
Funny.

What exactly happened? I would second the salesman actually. Your acquaintance must have been doing a crazy speed to get into trouble.
Old 2nd November 2006, 18:11   #14
Senior - BHPian

The CRDi is already highly priced and adding more goodies like ABS and all wheel disc brakes(Do you think ABS is a goodie or a neccessity?) would mean the price gets escalated even higher to a range where the competition would beat it.

I heard the CRDi is good at its game and woud put many petrols to shame. But the Indian consumer always get to lick the lollipop that is given after bleeding us to the last drop.....
Old 28th November 2006, 09:05   #15
Senior - BHPian

[quote=nitrous;319658]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp
They have realeased 2 models in Diesel , and the higher one comes with an ABS and all round discs . /QUOTE]
Since when?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post

Am sorry for being late to reply any way what I had meant is as someone had pointed out , there is an option of ABS and all round discs, the term higher model is my mistake (limited knowledge), never thought that as a serious mistake . Am sorry ladies and gentle man ! please accept my apology .
Thankyou.
REagards ,
MAxbhp .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks