Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2017, 22:43   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahbaz63 View Post
Hi Nishith,

My executive told me about 2L more on existing top end diesel variant and around 85K more on petrol top end which is style plus at this moment. Better to wait a month.

PS: They were offering me Diesel top end (Onyx) for the cost of petrol variant, with delivery within a weeks time.
I've decided to go in for the pre facelift car. Not loosing out on too many features but also getting a very good deal in the diesel. Most likely taking the delivery in 5-7 Days
Old 26th May 2017, 22:49   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishithrao95 View Post
I've decided to go in for the pre facelift car. Not loosing out on too many features but also getting a very good deal in the diesel. Most likely taking the delivery in 5-7 Days
It would be great if you can share the deal you are getting on the car. Many congratulations to you and the family. The Octavia is clearly the best car there's at this point in time. It still has retained the charm of the D-segment; that the New Corolla has so solemnly lost.
Old 26th May 2017, 23:47   #48
BHPian

re: 2017 Skoda Octavia facelift spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 15.49 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishithrao95 View Post

Well its a nice package, I am just waiting for face-lift. If priced correctly; which I believe it should be considering Superb base variant close to 29 L on road and upcoming Kodiaq in line with Karoq to follow they have limited space to play which is 20 L to 28 L on road. (again RS is on plate as well). All I can see is 04 vehicles from Skoda overlapping D1 & D2 segment.

I was being offered Octavia Diesel Onyx at the price of Petrol Style Plus AT. which was 25 L on road. Once, face-lift is launched we can expect even better deals on old vehicle (may be at the price of Elantra SX (O) AT?

PS: Price considered for Mumbai/ Thane.
shahbaz63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2017, 09:56   #49
Team-BHP Support

re: 2017 Skoda Octavia facelift spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 15.49 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahbaz63 View Post
Its a speculation...

Diesel Octavia top end was suppose to be 2 Lakh above the existing model where as Petrol will be around 80K to 1 Lakh.

Now given the G.S.T implementation, Petrol Octavia should cost somewhere near 27 L.

And further update : Octavia RS is coming to India, launch will happen by Sep/Oct 2017. (may be along with Kodiaq).
Folks

On friday, i was coming from an event near Bannerghatta and saw the following zip by - unfortunately I was on a call so could not take pictures.

1: Skoda Superb Sportline - had matt black grill and some other chrome bits, rest was hidden by the delivery protection film

2: Skoda Octavia - no surprises

3: Skoda Octavia vRS - this was red - the wheels seemed to be a little toned down compared to what I drove

They were all on dealer plates.

Last edited by ajmat : 29th May 2017 at 08:32.
ajmat is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th May 2017, 17:49   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
3: Skoda Octavia vRS - this was red - the wheels seemed to be a little toned down compared to what I drove

They were all on dealer plates.
Time to start saving money

Decided I am going to blow some serious money in cars and bikes in the next few years. (Looks like the age of internal combustion engines are getting over soon and I need to buy as much as possible, even I need to sell my home)

Enquired about 330i and there were zero discounts. I'd rather buy a vRS instead. (however ugly the front is)

Thanks for sharing the news.
Old 29th May 2017, 11:00   #51
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 6th June 2017 at 10:12.
Old 29th May 2017, 17:05   #52
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Skoda Octavia facelift India launch in July

According to media reports, Skoda is planning to launch the 2017 Octavia facelift in India in the early days of July. The Czech automaker is yet to make an official announcement about the updated sedan's launch.

Source: Autocar India
dZired is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 11:23   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Some details of the upcoming 2017 Octavia facelift, courtesy ACI.

Quote:
It will get all-LED lights, a new infotainment system with an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system with WLAN connectivity for smartphone integration, two umbrellas tucked into the doors, a driver fatigue detection system, ambient lighting with adjustable colours, a rear-view camera and a hands-free parking system.

The mid-level variants will get additional airbags with the count set to rise to six from the current four. The top trim is expected to carry on offering eight airbags. The Octavia will also get larger 17-inch alloy wheels as opposed to the current 16-inches.Under the hood, the car will continue to be offered with the range of 1.4- and 1.8-litre petrol and 2.0-litre diesel engines from the outgoing model, paired with a choice of manual or DSG automatic gearboxes.

Skoda is also expected to launch the Octavia vRS around Diwali this year. It will sport the new facelifted quad-headlight design. The vRS for India will also feature a 230hp, 2.0-litre, turbo-petrol engine. It will get a more aggressive body kit, blacked-out trim bits and larger alloy wheels to make it look different from the regular Octavia. An updated suspension setup will also be part of the package.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 21:48   #54
BHPian

Skoda has started dealer training and from what I hear, the biggest change apart from those mentioned above is the addition of independent rear suspension to the diesel variants. 17 inch wheels are not gonna make it to our shores, it seems.
Old 14th June 2017, 21:53   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Caught testing near Aurangabad during dusk time by one of my birdies.

2017 Skoda Octavia facelift spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 15.49 lakh-image1w.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 22:24   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
Skoda has started dealer training and from what I hear, the biggest change apart from those mentioned above is the addition of independent rear suspension to the diesel variants. 17 inch wheels are not gonna make it to our shores, it seems.

Standard Diesel doesn't get independent suspension anywhere in the world. India would not get it. The only diesel that gets the independent suspension are the 4x4 versions and the VRS.
RohanDheman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 10:43   #57
BHPian

Spotted the new Octavia outside the Chandigarh dealer's showroom.
Looked nice in person. The weird headlights aren't that weird.

I had got a call from the dealer last week and I was told that the new Octavia will be launched before August.
veedub89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 14:08   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Media drive for the Skoda Octavia facelift begins.
Quote:
Takes a little getting used to but the new face is actually rather smart if you give it a chance.
2017 Skoda Octavia facelift spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 15.49 lakh-dcwav4sw0aabppy.jpg
2017 Skoda Octavia facelift spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 15.49 lakh-dcv_zn2wsaadpdt.jpg

link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 14:14   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Media drive for the Skoda Octavia facelift begins.

link
That looks like the Chandigarh Airport to me.
Also explains the car at the local dealer's showroom that I had seen earlier.

A drive to Shimla sounds nice!
If I remember correctly the Superb was also driven in Chandigarh/Shimla for it's media drive. Or was it the older gen Octavia?
Old 20th June 2017, 14:58   #60
BANNED

Looks like the 1.8 TSI lives on in the Skoda!! Look at this pic that Overdrive posted along with a bunch of pics from the drive.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Skoda Octavia facelift spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 15.49 lakh-screenshot_20170620145651208_com.instagram.android.png  

agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed