Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2017, 17:58   #1
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Sunny prices revised, now starts at Rs. 6.99 lakh

Nissan has revised prices of the Sunny sedan. Post this price revision, the petrol range starts at Rs. 6.99 lakh, while the entry-level diesel variant is priced at Rs. 7.49 lakh (all prices ex-showroom, Delhi).

Nissan had recently updated the Sunny with the addition of a new Sandstone Brown paint shade, chrome door handles and an optional all-black cabin layout. The updated Sunny was launched in January 2017 and was priced in the range of Rs. 7.91 lakh to Rs. 10.89 lakh. While the changes have been retained, the prices have been cut across the variant line-up. The biggest price drop is seen on the petrol XV CVT variant, which is now priced at Rs. 8.99 lakh - Rs. 1.90 lakh lower than before.

Nissan claims that this price cut is a result of increased levels of localisation at its production facility in Oragadam, Chennai. However, this might be the automaker's attempt to give a boost to the sedan's poor sales.

Nissan Sunny prices revised, now starts at Rs. 6.99 lakh-capture.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 20th April 2017 at 18:01.
dZired is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 18:10   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nissan Sunny prices revised, now starts at Rs. 6.99 lakh

The price cut is massive and the L-O-N-G car Sunny is now priced similar to compact sedans
Dr.Naren is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 18:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

The XV CVT seems to be very VFM compared to its competition. It is loaded and should be very tempting for people who are in search of a Automatic these days. Has leather seats and reverse camera as well.

Is there a facelift on the cards anytime soon or is it really Nissan waking up to do some selling in the market?
SchumiFan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 18:48   #4
BHPian

These are now in line with Renault Scala prices. I've owned my much loved Scala for 5 years now and it is definitely the way to go instead of the many 'compact' sedan. Only thing which is a downside are plain interiors which can be easily jacked up in about 15-20K.
nagateja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 19:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

It remains to be seen whether this can increase the sales. At this price Sunny is indeed a mouth watering proposition. However Nissan's service network is a huge concern which will push many buyers away from the brand.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 19:37   #6
BHPian

Nissan should add some sort of an automatic transmission to the diesel - even the AMT from the Terrano should be okay. That can help in garnering some additional sales.

Last edited by y2ksrs : 20th April 2017 at 19:38. Reason: Grammar
Old 20th April 2017, 20:09   #7
BHPian

The black interiors and dark seat fabric look much better now.
There is also a NEW SUNNY XV D SAFETY variant now with 4 airbags (Driver, Front Passenger & Side Airbags)
Is the passenger airbag deleted from the XL variant now or from some time? I remember it came as standard in the 2014 edition.
Audio system and piano black finish on the center console looks very good now.
The lovely blue colour is discontinued

Random thoughts:
Purely from a size perspective, I had always thought this being a big caaaar would be a pain to drive in our cities with narrow spaces. However, doing some research:
In terms of length also, it's only 1.5 cm more than a Honda City (1455mm vs 1440mm of City).
It's turning radius is 5.3 m, which is same as a Honda City (or an Elite i20 for that matter )
Width is actually same as Honda City and lesser than Elite i20.
With these findings, I look at this car in a new light.

Personally, I wish the car was slightly smaller, tighter, of the Vento dimensions, but with more potent engines - the 1.6L petrol and the 1.5L Diesel in the 110bhp tune.

With excellent ride quality, the Sunny was always a good value proposition, now made better. This is the edition they should have launched long back. To succeed now, working hard on improving service image will definitely help.

Last edited by jetti : 20th April 2017 at 20:14.
jetti is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 20:42   #8
mxh
BHPian

Good move by Nissan. Both the petrol and diesel are priced quite reasonably now. Finally someone is reducing prices rather than increasing them.
mxh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 20:54   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

If the need is for a chauffeur driven, city slicking, cheap to acquire car where one wouldn't mind the little bumps and scrapes of motorists in day-to-day traffic, then the choice is obvious - the Sunny, makes for a great UBER X car as well.

It lacks in build quality but not as bad the Micra, it feels much more cocooned and quiet inside, an ultimate car for people who want the back-seat comfort at around 10L, and superb value for money seeing how much the City (16 lacs+), i20 (8-9 lacs+) and *gasp* Ignis (8-9 lacs+) are overpriced.

Hope Nissan improves their service quality, for now they are UBER/OLA cars for the most part.
dark.knight is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 21:11   #10
BHPian

The website brochure mentions only single airbag in the petrol XE and XL variant and dual airbags only in top end CVT XV variant. So no dual airbags for non auto variants? (petrol)

Other wise a pretty tempting offer. First the Figo/Aspire S, then this, things are getting exciting in the 8-10 lakh price range.

I have travelled in the first gen Sunny, It has that "lambi gaadi" feel. Extremely spacious. and drives well too (petrol). The Black interiors are welcome and top-end CVT OTR at 11 lakhs (approx) is a steal.
400notout is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 22:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

That's real coup Nissan has pulled of! I just bought a City CVT for slightly more than 16 big ones: Regrets, Naah, I love the City! But had the announcement come a little earlier in my hunt, I would have factored this in and may have bought one and may have vacationed with family in Greece this summer with the savings Come to think of it, I had a great deal with the Ciaz Auto too but loved the City despite it being pricy! But that's drool worthy pricing from Nissan, for a sensible product with 'iffy' service back up. Some how Sunny was never in my radar at all, through out my hunt despite me being aware of it; neither did I book a TD to check it out. It looked dated and neither would my family have approved.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 20th April 2017 at 22:27.
Durango Dude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 00:07   #12

Should we expect phasing out of the product? Prices revised to clear the stock? I am just curious to find the reason behind such a move.
Old 21st April 2017, 07:18   #13
BHPian

I think it could be to match VW Vento price cut that may have prompted the Nissan cut as well
Old 21st April 2017, 07:24   #14
Senior - BHPian

First the Micra and now the Sunny. Can we expect similar cuts for the overpriced Terrano as well?

Love the drop on XV CVT. It is now a big contender for the perfect chauffeur driven sedan for the city.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 08:50   #15
Senior - BHPian

I wish that if I could have read it as "Nissan reduced the smoke of Sunny". I want to share my recent experience, a cabbie who I know very closely bought a new Sunny 2 weeks ago for driving it under Ola. I had seen him happy with the vehicle on my first trip in this vehicle, thereafter he came to pick me this Tuesday. The vehicle was still under run in period but he had a concern with smoke emitted by the new vehicle. The smoke had left a black matt finish on the rear bumper. I seriously feel that Renault's K9K diesel engine should be re-tested in India to see if it meets the BS-4 norms. Nissan or Renault should concentrate on providing good products at competitive prices and not sell outdated products with discounted prices.

Last edited by deehunk : 21st April 2017 at 08:54. Reason: typo
deehunk is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed