Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2017, 13:18   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Not to forget people like me who own XUV and want to upgrade to something premium

I am just waiting for a 2WD Petrol version in the range of 18ish. Fingers crossed.

This will be a much smaller car than the XUV in terms of real estate. Ideally you will find the interiors cramped. However the drive will definitely feel more premium. Can't comment on the interior fit and finish as we have hardly got to see them.

I am expecting quite a lot of hard plastics all around the cabin. Not sure if this will give you the premium feel that you are expecting.

As I said before the monocoques will be easier to live with. Unless someone seriously needs a 4*4, I would advise to stay away from these vehicles.

Anyways too early to call. Let's wait and check out the drive , refinement levels , easy of use , service back up and more importantly Jeep is infamous for its automatic transmissions.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 04:16   #152
BHPian

re: Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
As I said before the monocoques will be easier to live with. Unless someone seriously needs a 4*4, I would advise to stay away from these vehicles.
The Compass is a monocoque vehicle (Fiat Small Wide platform). The only ladder frame Jeep is the Wrangler, right?
But yes it is odd that D segment folk are looking to 'upgrade' to a C segment vehicle. Maybe launching Jeeps for 1 cr is finally starting to pay off
Old 30th May 2017, 09:19   #153
BHPian

I have heard that Compass production is falling behind the schedule and the launch will only be in July 2nd half. Earlier the launch was even being contemplated in June end.

This might also result in Automatic launch getting delayed as well. Dont know why FCA is not launching Automatic on day 1 given more people are now going for Automatics than Manuals
JKBKS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 12:47   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Eddy View Post
But yes it is odd that D segment folk are looking to 'upgrade' to a C segment vehicle. Maybe launching Jeeps for 1 cr is finally starting to pay off
As simple as moving from a 4 bedroom flat to a 3 bedroom penthouse.
nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 20:01   #155
BHPian

"Fiat India Automobiles Pvt. Ltd. (FIAPL) today said it will roll out its first ever, 'Made-in- India' Jeep Compass production vehicle from the assembly line in Ranjangaon near Pune on June 1.

Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis will roll out the first ever 'Made in India' Jeep Compass production vehicle from the assembly line at Ranjangaon on Thursday, a company statement said."

http://www.outlookindia.com/newsscro...june-1/1063548

On Twitter they have updated with a new video of manufacturing processes

https://twitter.com/JeepIndia/status/869510944560304130

Last edited by LionX : 30th May 2017 at 20:07.
LionX is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 21:35   #156
BHPian

Wow. Jeep is sure making the right noises with the Compass. Let's hope that this would be the break that FCA needs.
Old 30th May 2017, 21:45   #157
BHPian

I don't know why I have a feeling it will be priced right in the creta territory with maybe a slight premium.

Any premium over 10% would sway people away from it.

I personally feel fiat has always priced their Indian made products at a very good price considering the segment competitors.

I see no reason why they would do anything else here with the compass
Old 31st May 2017, 12:25   #158
BHPian

To lay the whole GC discussion to rest, here is what I observed yesterday.
Spotted a camo Compass just before the Pashan circle in Pune. Those who have driven on this road will remember there are some big speed breakers just before the circle. The Compass took the breaker in a canter and I distinctly saw and heard a loud THUD when the underside of the front bumper hit the ground. It was an almighty screech! Actually startled people driving near the vehicle. Granted the driver was maybe driving slightly faster than normal but that's not what you expect.
my two cents
Old 31st May 2017, 14:06   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickdj View Post
....The Compass took the breaker in a canter and I distinctly saw and heard a loud THUD when the underside of the front bumper hit the ground. It was an almighty screech! Actually startled people driving near the vehicle....
Do you recollect more! Was it just the (rather large) wind deflector, or did the underbody really scrape the bumper?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...compass-13.jpg
Old 31st May 2017, 14:09   #160
BHPian

Jeep seems to really be gearing up for sales; a collegue informed me of a second showroom opening up in Mumbai, near the Andheri Autohangar Mercedes and Audi Mumbai West showroom area. I haven't checked it out myself but he sounded pretty sure about this. Anyone have any more information?
Old 31st May 2017, 15:24   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Do you recollect more! Was it just the (rather large) wind deflector, or did the underbody really scrape the bumper?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...compass-13.jpg
Unfortunately no. I was on a two wheeler and was navigating traffic. I do remember that it was a metallic screech rather than a dull thump. Does that tell you anything?
Old 31st May 2017, 17:17   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

First promotional video of the India-spec Jeep Compass in the "Know Your Compass" campaign, with Milind Soman:

Last edited by RavenAvi : 31st May 2017 at 17:19. Reason: added phrase.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 17:30   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post
Jeep seems to really be gearing up for sales; a collegue informed me of a second showroom opening up in Mumbai, near the Andheri Autohangar Mercedes and Audi Mumbai West showroom area. I haven't checked it out myself but he sounded pretty sure about this. Anyone have any more information?
Yes its true, its near Andheri Railway. Three distinct logos on the outside Fiat, Abarth and Jeep. Work still in progress on the inside.

However the choice of location could have been better. This current place is congested.
cheers
Old 31st May 2017, 23:01   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
"Fiat India Automobiles Pvt. Ltd. (FIAPL) today said it will roll out its first ever, 'Made-in- India' Jeep Compass production vehicle from the assembly line in Ranjangaon near Pune on June 1.

Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis will roll out the first ever 'Made in India' Jeep Compass production vehicle from the assembly line at Ranjangaon on Thursday, a company statement said."
It seems like a marketing stunt since first 10-15 Jeeps were made in Feb/March itself, when FCA had invited their Suppliers for a first look at the India made Compass. A friend of mine who was at that event had gushed about the quality of the India made Compass
Old 31st May 2017, 23:06   #165
Senior - BHPian

Many automakers shamelessly call their offerings 'Premium' in India, but a proper look at the Jeep Compass and one call tell, this vehicle is fit to call itself Premium.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks