Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2017, 17:40   #1756
BHPian

Re: Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs

Excellent pricing by Jeep, my hunt for a new ride ends here Now, waiting for the diesel AT to hit Indian shores. The only complaint being the omission of cruise control and sunroof in an otherwise feature rich product
Old 7th August 2017, 18:20   #1757
BHPian

Might be a little off topic but i was going through the US consumer report and all cars by FCA came at the bottom for reliability. Especially the auto gear box, Fiat service was a pain for last 5 years it has improved slightly but it's still a pain imagine initial Jeep buyers going through all these hassles. Due to all these reasons my Jeep purchase went on hold i will wait and watch. I still feel top petrol automatic should have received 6 airbags.
Old 7th August 2017, 22:56   #1758
Senior - BHPian

The camouflaged Compass is regularly spotted still, just today too, at Pune-Bangalore Highway, Chandni Chowk, Sus village and nearby areas. Only Jeep logo could be seen on the dicky door but no other badges could be made out. Guess Diesel AT is constantly on trials?

At Chandni Chowk today while crossing towards NDA road to Pashan.
Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-img20170807wa0006.jpg
parsh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 23:19   #1759
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Guess Diesel AT is constantly on trials?
Isn't that the trail hawk edition?

The alloy wheels plus the gap between the wheel and the wheel arch says that the first one is a 4x4/trail hawk version.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 07:21   #1760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
Frankly dont know how prepared they are or what level of service Fiat already provides in Pune as I never considered their products. Maybe existing Pune Fiat owners can comment on that.
With Fiat, an early buy will always be a gamble. I took one twice: once with Uno and then with Palio and decided, never again. The Punto on launch was just not good enough to even tempt me to try my luck again and the Compass is too expensive to do so.

If I was to buy it, it would be after a couple of years of seeing how early buyers fare on reliability and service quality.
Old 8th August 2017, 08:07   #1761
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Isn't that the trail hawk edition?

The alloy wheels plus the gap between the wheel and the wheel arch says that the first one is a 4x4/trail hawk version.
The front one certainly looks like Trail Hawk. If they are planning to launch this version of the Compass, then it's a great news for serious off-roaders.

Last edited by GTO : 9th August 2017 at 08:54. Reason: Typos
shaktinanda is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th August 2017, 09:44   #1762
BHPian

Anyone who had an official test drive of the 4x4 limited?
Seems like they're not having 4x4 test drive vehicles at least in Kerala
Is it because of any problem which they're talking to rectify?
Old 8th August 2017, 09:57   #1763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgam.boonyi View Post
I don't know how well jeep products hold up in India, but in North America FCA vehicles are almost always rated the lowest in term of reliability, specially by Consumer Reports.

Had this question as well. In Australia FCA has been labeled as Lemon cars- do not buy ones. Folks have actually gone to the extend of wrecking their Jeep publicly to raise awareness. US has great lemon laws which protects consumers but that's a distant dream in Australia, India elsewhere.
Old 8th August 2017, 10:31   #1764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohanan View Post
Had this question as well. In Australia FCA has been labeled as Lemon cars- do not buy ones. Folks have actually gone to the extend of wrecking their Jeep publicly to raise awareness. US has great lemon laws which protects consumers but that's a distant dream in Australia, India elsewhere.
You rate cars based on competition available in the same country, not based on what happens in other countries. For ex, Suzuki was not able to sell their cars in the USA, so they had to eventually shut shop and leave. Should we, hence, stop buying Marutis in India?

In the segment where the Compass is positioned, there is no credible competition. Yes, neither FIAT nor Jeep are known for supreme reliability. For those looking for reliability there are Marutis (Vitara, Brezza, Ignis etc), Hondas (CRV, BRV, WRV etc), Toyotas (Fortuner, Etios cross etc).
civic-sense is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 10:43   #1765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Yes, neither FIAT nor Jeep are known for supreme reliability. For those looking for reliability there are Marutis (Vitara, Brezza, Ignis etc), Hondas (CRV, BRV, WRV etc), Toyotas (Fortuner, Etios cross etc).
Ironically, each of the latter three also does after sales service a lot better than what Fiat has done till now. While Fiat would need to be better at this given the starting handicap.

The unanswerable question at this time is whether the sorry past history of Fiat after sales will be different in the future.
Old 8th August 2017, 10:54   #1766
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Everyone, any updates on the delivery of 4x4 variants. As per my dealer the 4x4 variant deliveries will happen after Oct. The risk is that by that time the government will make the additional cess applicable and prices will shoot up by another 2 lacs and then it would not be a great price. I am reconsidering whether to dilute my version from 4x4 LTD (O) to 4x2 Ltd if I can get the delivery within this month as then I can hopefully get it before the cess becomes applicable. But I would lose out on the 4x4 and also Airbags from 6 to 2 and the Xenon headlights. Not an easy change but I do not want to pay an additional cess of 2 lacs on the Compass! If the cess becomes applicable, I am sure lot of customers will reconsider their Compass bookings!
Old 8th August 2017, 11:18   #1767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
Anyone who had an official test drive of the 4x4 limited?
Seems like they're not having 4x4 test drive vehicles at least in Kerala
Is it because of any problem which they're talking to rectify?
I did see a red 4x4 compass being driven around in Pune this Saturday. It was not camouflaged at all. Perhaps the driver was a company employee who was given the vehicle for testing
aviraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 11:20   #1768
BHPian

I'm planning to book a Compass 4×4 Diesel. I need some help from here. The price difference between the Limited and Limited(O) is a hefty 85000 to a lakh. Paying 85000 just for the black roof and HID lamps is just was too expensive I feel. If I go for the limited variant can I swap the halogen bulbs with the Xenon bulbs on the same projector setup as this seems to be a more VFM option. Please help me guys.
Old 8th August 2017, 11:25   #1769
BHPian

There is news report about the hike in cess for SUVs and luxury vehicles.
In my view it will still take time probably a quarter, once it is passed by the parliament or through the ordinance route. The prices are going to jack up for all the SUVs right from Creta .

Best to book this beauty is now

Last edited by redcruiser : 8th August 2017 at 11:26.
Old 8th August 2017, 11:48   #1770
Distinguished - BHPian

If there is an hike in price due to GST, you might not escape as JEEP COMPASS has a long waiting period and ticking.

Quote:
Over 5,000 bookings and more than 38,000 enquiries was revealed at the launch and now we hear that the waiting period for the diesel Compass is already reaching 2 to 3 months. The top-end diesel variants are the most in demand with them commanding the highest waiting period.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks