Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2017, 22:36   #181
BANNED

re: Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
More pictures from the rollout event at Ranjangaon earlier today, giving us a good look at the Compass's colour shades which will be on offer.
I hate to spoil the party, but don't expect that all colors seen will be sold here, the Car will be made for other markets too and it is possible that we don't get some cool colors here, like possibly the Red or the Blue.
I'm saying that because classically this segment hasn't offered a lot of choices though that could change with the Compass since it is so heavily localised so the Inventories shouldn't cost the manufacturer too much. Here's hoping we get a lot of options in the domestic market.
Old 1st June 2017, 22:39   #182
BHPian

It looks as if Jeep is going to be really aggressive on the price front. But I don't expect it to be in the leagues of Creta/Duster. More like a premium over the XUV 5OO. Too much premium over the XUV and Jeep is gonna stumble over the invincible Innova Crysta (Indians love their Toyotas). Recently it has been speculated that Mahindra is going to offer the XUV with increased power and torque figures (170bhp, 400Nm). Could this be in preparation to the Compass launch? Guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old 2nd June 2017, 08:20   #183
Senior - BHPian

Meeting the Jeep Compass

Read the ACI review on the Compass. Must say Jeep has either really nailed this car to perfection or it was just an advertorial by Autocar. Will have to wait for the launch and get to drive it and also wait for the team bhp official review.

Though I am in the market for a Compact SUV, I have been waiting more than a year. The Creta didn't bring the automatic in top spec , now Jeep is not doing it either. Tucson pricing went out through the roof. Only hope there is a drop in Tucson prices post GST or will wait for the Diesel auto from Jeep. Frustrati.

Assuming that the Tucson will shed a little off its price tag and the impending Compass launch, I expect Hyundai now to react with their 4*4 variant quickly.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 2nd June 2017 at 08:35.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2017, 10:01   #184
BHPian

A local Bengali daily (from te TOI group and not much known for their automobile sector awareness) in Kolkata today mentioned that Compass will be priced from 18 lakh (for the base petrol ?) to 26 lakh (for highest diesel model?).

IMHO, if it is true then this it would be the perfect 5 seater SUV in the market.
Old 2nd June 2017, 10:59   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by igp_79 View Post
One tip that the Jeep's price will be more in tune with the Creta : How many 25 lakh plus on-road priced 5 seater models do we know, that come with only a manual transmission for it's mainstay diesel trims?

With all these factors, can't we expect FCA to price the Compass from 16 to 21 or 18 to 23 lakhs as speculated
Honestly, I really don't think Compass will be placed in competition to Creta. I seriously believe the base diesel of Compass would still be priced higher than Creta top spec diesel and it would just be because of the perceived brand name of Jeep in the SUV segment which is tad better than Hyundai. It will be more of a cut throat competition with Tuscon than Creta. It is just my opinion.

Last edited by SpoiledBratt : 2nd June 2017 at 11:01. Reason: Missed last line
Old 2nd June 2017, 11:59   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by igp_79 View Post
With all these factors, can't we expect FCA to price the Compass from 16 to 21 or 18 to 23 lakhs as speculated
They will get in the Jeep Renegade to fill in that slot and compete with Duster, Creta etc. The Compass is not going to be under 20L on road at all. It may just slightly undercut the Tucson for the base model, but then the base model will not have enough juice in it. So expect a respectable variant to be priced around 22-25L ex showroom. 18L ex-showroom for the base variant is a fair assumption.

Last edited by aviraj : 2nd June 2017 at 12:00.
aviraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2017, 12:17   #187
BHPian

With a base model starting price of INR 18 lacs ex showroom, they are not going to achieve the numbers they want. My hunch is they are going to launch at an introductory price of around INR 16 lacs ex showroom (may be even lower), sell as many as they can before they launch the Jeep Renegade next year. They will then bump up the price of the Compass to accommodate the Renegade in the Creta category.
Old 2nd June 2017, 13:02   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Assuming that the Tucson will shed a little off its price tag and the impending Compass launch, I expect Hyundai now to react with their 4*4 variant quickly.
Looking to replace my Duster AWD(manual) with another AWD diesel auto , but unable to find a good fit, if Jeep Compass touches 30 Lakhs on Road Bangalore for diesel auto (if they launch one) I need to start looking elsewhere. Personally, Hyundai never comes across as rugged SUV with it's executive blue collar looks. I am not sure how much Tucson sales will pickup even if they drop the price
Old 2nd June 2017, 14:34   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Read the ACI review on the Compass. Must say Jeep has either really nailed this car to perfection or it was just an advertorial by Autocar. Will have to wait for the launch and get to drive it and also wait for the team bhp official review.

Though I am in the market for a Compact SUV, I have been waiting more than a year. The Creta didn't bring the automatic in top spec , now Jeep is not doing it either. Tucson pricing went out through the roof. Only hope there is a drop in Tucson prices post GST or will wait for the Diesel auto from Jeep. Frustrati.

My position is exactly similar.

Want to buy an automatic compact SUV.Hyundai doesnt have the automatic in the top trim.Not sure why

Tucson at 25 Lacs ex-showoom for the top end diesel automatic is out of my budget.

The only reasonable diesel automatic top trim SUV less than 20L seems to the XUV 500.

Hope Tucson will have a price revision post GST.Tucson is also not selling big numbers,wonder why Hyundai is not revisiting the prices.
Old 2nd June 2017, 14:38   #190
Senior - BHPian

Tonight Autocar would be driving Compass on Indian Roads. Do check out at 10.30 PM ET Now channel tonight.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2017, 22:46   #191
Senior - BHPian

Just watched autocar episode about compass. One thing that struck me was when the person said compass drives like old generation ford fiesta. Now thats a BIG statement to make. If true it's sure is my next buy.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd June 2017 at 07:18. Reason: typo
Old 2nd June 2017, 22:52   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Tonight Autocar would be driving Compass on Indian Roads. Do check out at 10.30 PM ET Now channel tonight.
Watched it just now. Extremely positive review of the Compass.

In a nutshell,

Design - looks killer, very robustly built

Interiors - excellent quality all around, touchscreen infotainment not up to the mark. Well packaged and spacious interiors. Excellent and supportive front seats. Back seats are said to be redesigned for India offering better thigh support. Oh! and the top end diesel seems to have black plastic around the touchscreen, not that awful silver ones!

Drive -

Engine : Punchy diesel with abundant power. Can easily cruise at 130-140 kph with plenty of reserve power.

Gearbox : quick, precise, has a long throw.

Steering - an absolute delight, they say (equates it to the erstwhile Fiesta steering)

Ride quality - well tuned suspension with some degree of firmness. Big GC does result in body roll. Although they say that this is one SUV that enjoys corners.

Off road - it's a Jeep, what do you expect?

Safety - Plenty of safety kit : ABS, ESP, Panic Brake assist, Brake booster failure compensation, Roll mitigation, Brake pre-fill, 6 airbags. Also the electronic parking brake disengages only after the driver fastens his/her seatbelt. Niice!

A lot of praise for the build quality comparing it to the Germans and it's said to be truly premium. Price for top end diesel manual is said to be 23-24 lakhs!(he should've meant ex-showroom). Let's wait and watch.

Last edited by GKR9900 : 2nd June 2017 at 23:06.
GKR9900 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2017, 22:59   #193
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
touchscreen infotainment not up to the mark.
The UConnect system in Jeep vehicles have been receiving good reviews abroad for its intuitive UI and fast responses. Wonder what they have messed up for the Indian market!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
Engine : Punchy diesel with abundant power. Can easily cruise at 130-140 kph with plenty of reserve power.
Could be the big national engine for India, with TATA themselves having ordered 70k engines for their vehicles.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 2nd June 2017 at 23:01.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2017, 23:06   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The UConnect system in Jeep vehicles have been receiving good reviews abroad for its intuitive UI and fast responses. Wonder what they have messed up for the Indian market!
Exactly my thoughts. Smaller screen, laggy at times and slower response to touch seem to be the major issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Could be the big national engine for India, with TATA themselves having ordered 70k engines for their vehicles.
They say that Jeep is still to approve the 170 bhp 350Nm tune of the engine. Something about making it more refined or so. Launch is in August with production models already unveiled. Wonder when they're gonna finalise the same!
Old 3rd June 2017, 10:23   #195
BHPian

Pricing may not be announced until GST comes into play. But they cannot delay much and they are risking other players revising their prices post GST. Ideally they should announce pricing after all that is done, that will be only by July end. Suits them fine, better late than faulty over pricing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks