Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2017, 00:03   #946
BHPian

re: Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambhav.jain View Post
#Launch already #Waiting since too long!!

I have been on the Jeep - Australia & UK Websites.

There is no pricing, specification information there either.

So its not just India - There is an information blank everywhere.

I just hope that the Limited Trim in Diesel comes with a 6 Speed Manual
PM - B is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 00:22   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM - B View Post
I just hope that the Limited Trim in Diesel comes with a 6 Speed Manual
This document clearly says that the limited and the option (O) trim will be available with a diesel and a 6MT with 4×4 and 4×2 options
Attached Thumbnails
Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-screenshot_20170707001555.png  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf compass_variants.pdf (211.8 KB, 367 views)
sambhav.jain is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 00:29   #948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambhav.jain View Post
This document clearly says that the limited and the option (O) trim will be available with a diesel and a 6MT with 4×4 and 4×2 options
@sambhav.jain

You do provide a lot of relief ! Thank you !

I am very keen on the Limited 4x4 Diesel 6MT !!!

My driving will involve a lot of Bangalore city traffic - in spite of which I am keen on MT.

I guess this would be too much to ask - The back and front bumpers move - actuated- up(to increase the approach and departure angle) or down (down being the present condition) based on speed - less than 50 KM/H - Raised - Increased departure angle - more than 50 KM/H - Lowered with the air dam in place.

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th July 2017 at 01:57. Reason: Only two smileys permitted per post.
PM - B is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 07:18   #949
BHPian

Why no side and curtain airbags with AT? Another offering without a proper top end Auto. Left with only the Germans and the pricey Tucson
octane_100 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 08:25   #950
Senior - BHPian

Meeting the Jeep Compass

Second time in 2 days i received a call from Jeep India! Anyway to cut it short the executive mentioned that the official launch is due for end July and that is when prices will be announced. The first chap who called me a day earlier mentioned 15-22 lakhs as tentative pricing whereas in the second call i was told it's 18-22.

I think Jeep is still deliberating on the entry level variant's pricing. if the base variant is priced at15L ex showroom it would be good but not ideal coz the base variant has literally no features apart from dual airbags,abs/EBD & a basic touch screen HU.
Old 7th July 2017, 08:26   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Why no side and curtain airbags with AT? Another offering without a proper top end Auto. Left with only the Germans and the pricey Tucson
It is really bad if that is what Jeep has planned to do. Side/curtain airbags must have been a part of the option pack atleast. If someone is paying 15+ lakhs for a car, I am sure it is natural to expect a full safety kit on the top variant and it would be a blunder if Jeep compromises on safety kit.
ece2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 08:47   #952
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
It is really bad if that is what Jeep has planned to do. Side/curtain airbags must have been a part of the option pack atleast. If someone is paying 15+ lakhs for a car, I am sure it is natural to expect a full safety kit on the top variant and it would be a blunder if Jeep compromises on safety kit.
True. Funnily enough - the base variants are loaded with safety features as compared to competition, but the top variants are not!

Hopefully thats looked into, by the time of launch. There is absolutely no connection between 6 airbags and 4*4 variants.

Edit - Perhaps, this is due to lack of demand. Neither Creta, nor Tucson nor Tiguan offers a fully loaded Petrol variant as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Basic touch screen HU.
Does anyone know if this HU can just be taken and thrown out, if it's just for music and Bluetooth? Or does it have controls to other stuff like ACC etc?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th July 2017 at 09:09.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 09:19   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Edit - Perhaps, this is due to lack of demand. Neither Creta, nor Tucson nor Tiguan offers a fully loaded Petrol variant as well.
Both Tucson/Tiguan has a fully loaded diesel automatic whereas Jeep doesn't have that option as well - atleast for now. Creta is a bad example as far as its automatic variant is concerned and I hope Jeep isn't inspired by it.
ece2k2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 09:46   #954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
The only 2 diesel automatics in top trim with all safety features less than 25L are XUV500 and Tucson.

I think Jeep has made a blunder not to launch the diesel or petrol automatic in top trim.Not sure what is the thinking there.

Tucson is overpriced but dont seem to have a choice

OT - Are there any discounts available on the Tucson?Its not selling well,however dealers are not willing to give any discounts either.
Old 7th July 2017, 10:07   #955
BHPian

In between Tucson XUV 500 and Compass can anyone tell which has the widest and most spacious rear bench and by how much? In which 3 adults in rear would be most comfortable?? Thanks
drchernish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 10:08   #956
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Does anyone know if this HU can just be taken and thrown out, if it's just for music and Bluetooth? Or does it have controls to other stuff like ACC etc?
Quoting myself for a change. As per below image posted by DRIV3R, we can confirm that the base variant has automatic climate control separate and not integrated directly on the HU?

The buttons seem to be for - Radio, Media, Phone, Compass, Settings and More. The Climate button seen in some Jeep models in the US seem missing here.

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-img_5952.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
OT - Are there any discounts available on the Tucson?Its not selling well,however dealers are not willing to give any discounts either.
Forget discounts, they haven't even passed on the GST benefits fully I feel. The reduction on both Creta and Tucson has been to the amount of few thousands only whereas Hexa, SCross 1.6 etc saw huge price cuts.

Prices for the automatic are as below -

Tucson Petrol Automatic -
Nu 2.0 6-Speed Automatic GL - 2,089,977

Tucson Diesel -
R 2.0 6-Speed Automatic GL - 2,247,052
R 2.0 6-Speed Automatic GLS - 2,386,351

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th July 2017 at 10:12.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 10:12   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
In between Tucson XUV 500 and Compass can anyone tell which has the widest and most spacious rear bench and by how much? In which 3 adults in rear would be most comfortable?? Thanks
XUV hands down. Not only seated well, but they have so much leg space too ,its ridiculous.
BUXX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 13:55   #958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
XUV, XUV and XUV.

Quote:
Quoting myself for a change. As per below image posted by DRIV3R, we can confirm that the base variant has automatic climate control separate and not integrated directly on the HU?
So that means we can add our own bigger touch screen from outside.

If thats the case then i would prefer to buy a base variant so that i can add bigger screen, add my own set of Alloys with wider rubbers to bring down that large gap in wheel wells, do some black wrap on roof and little bit on top of the bonnet and make it more interesting that trailhawk version
Old 7th July 2017, 14:07   #959
BHPian

Quote:
Most definitely the XUV. However, the front seats of the XUV lack thigh support which is a bother during long drives. Rear benchers need not complain though. The only irritant is that the suspension setup makes the rear benchers jostle around over larger humps at slower speeds. This however is a boon on the highways as the vehicle is planted at high speeds.

I've found the Tucson to be better in suspension, being a Hyundai of course! But my observations were in slower speeds, haven't really got a chance to test them at higher speeds over undulations.

The Compass needs to reviewed on these lines as well to come to a conclusion.

Last edited by luvurride : 7th July 2017 at 14:09.
Old 7th July 2017, 15:47   #960
BHPian

Quote:
The numbers that Jeep India would have been anxiously looking for - Post GST prices
+1 for that excellent prediction.

Now, they would have started off-road brainstorming sessions for Jeep Compass pricing .
vsun is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed