Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2017, 20:46   #1036
BHPian

re: Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs

I saw Jeep Compass advertisement in browser today.
Its a static vehicle - Exterior and Interior shots with the lights on in the dark
One View is with the UConnect - And then they show the Tach & Speedo needle moving.

LOL - For a brief moment they showed steering wheel - and the RHS - Buttons are still dummies !!!!

Otherwise - I thought it looked cool !!

Basically the ad mimics the website - in a smaller window with pics once the video is over.
Old 13th July 2017, 18:13   #1037
BHPian

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-img20170713wa0034-copy.jpg

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-img20170713wa0033-copy.jpg

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-img20170713wa0032-copy.jpg
anil_neo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 21:06   #1038
Distinguished - BHPian

My good friend Autospy spotted this convoy of Jeep Compasses on the Pune - Nagar highway earlier today.

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-image3.jpg

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-image1.jpg

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-image2.jpg

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-image5.jpg

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-image4.jpg

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-image6.jpg

According to him, all the test mules were equipped with disc brakes all around. 2 of the test mules at front had different alloy designs, while the 2 at the rear had normal steel wheels on.

Also, as per his observations, all test mules looked new and not a single portion of their camouflage was torn out. It's as if Jeep India is carrying out some last minute testing before the end-July launch.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 21:19   #1039
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
According to him, all the test mules were equipped with disc brakes all around. 2 of the test mules at front had different alloy designs, while the 2 at the rear had normal steel wheels on.
But weren't rear discs confirmed previously?

Just curious but do we have cases wherein different variants of the car from the same generation with disc/drum brakes at the rear?
Old 13th July 2017, 21:27   #1040
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
But weren't rear discs confirmed previously?
Yes, from the variant-wise feature-list leaks so far, even the base Sport has 4 disc brakes.

Quote:
Just curious but do we have cases wherein different variants of the car from the same generation with disc/drum brakes at the rear?
One comes immediately to mind:

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-untitled.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 21:27   #1041
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A very recent example will be Baleno. Only the RS variant get disc brakes at the rear.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 18:05   #1042
Mtv
BHPian

Jeep is shooting themselves in the foot with such a long delay between unveiling and launching the Compass.

It has been nearly a month since the front page Compass ad and still no sign nor a clue of any pricing.

Public interest is waning, I can see it. Two non-car people I know of have as of last week booked a Creta each, all because of the delay in the launch of the Compass. Even in this thread! Until only last week this was the most active thread on team BHP, today I had to go to the second page of The Indian Car Scene section to find it!

I understand that this delay was mostly because of the GST implementation, but Jeep has really milked people's patience with this one.
Mtv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 18:15   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
Jeep is shooting themselves in the foot with such a long delay between unveiling and launching the Compass.

I understand that this delay was mostly because of the GST implementation, but Jeep has really milked people's patience with this one.
Agree completely. I myself was waiting for the 4th to check out prices and make a decision. When I understood that it was not going to happen I made my decision and will be taking delivery before Jeep announces their prices. There is a limit to people's patience and Jeep is seriously testing it. GST implementation is no excuse, most manufacturers were able to decide within the first week. The least they could have done is announced the pricing and then take their time for delivery.
Old 14th July 2017, 18:48   #1044
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Even in this thread! Until only last week this was the most active thread on team BHP, today I had to go to the second page of The Indian Car Scene section to find it!
There is almost nothing left to discuss now without the prices.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishs View Post
Agree completely. I myself was waiting for the 4th to check out prices and make a decision.
There was no delay. You can see that in page one of this thread that the launch was always planned near August.

I agree that Jeep should have given the media previews closer to the launch though. This early preview strategy along with off road experience events seem to be very much similar to the Hexa launch, and that didn't work too well for TATA.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 18:56   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
There was no delay. You can see that in page one of this thread that the launch was always planned near August.

I agree that Jeep should have given the media previews closer to the launch though. This early preview strategy along with off road experience events seem to be very much similar to the Hexa launch, and that didn't work too well for TATA.
Agreed, especially since the Jeep Compass is supposed to have started production from June 1st, there is too much of a gap between media unveil to pricing announcement and I suspect even for the initial adopters to receive their vehicles. Only hope they manage their logistics properly, else a fine car will meet a rather undesirable fate and get confined to the sidelines.

Jeep can yet redeem themselves if they come out with a super duper launch price (just like XUV500 did initially).
uday.ere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2017, 00:44   #1046
BHPian

Got a call Today from a Dealer in Bangalore for the Booking. As per the conversation, Test Drive vehicle should be ready by 25th July. And the Price?? He said might be announced on Monday. Since the goal post is constantly being shifted, I was not at all excited and told him to call back once the prices are announced.
Old 15th July 2017, 09:09   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
It runs in the family I guess.

Calling a car "Compass" when the parent company has no sense of direction is pretty hilarious.
speed kills is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 15th July 2017, 15:10   #1048
BHPian

Anyone know when we might get to see the Team-BHP review of the Jeep Compass?
Old 17th July 2017, 00:04   #1049
Distinguished - BHPian

Just a heads up - birdies are tweeting that dealership training for the Jeep Compass has commenced from Thursday, 13th July, onwards at FCA's Ranjangaon plant.

Prices will be disclosed only by end-July.

Last edited by GTO : 17th July 2017 at 22:31. Reason: PM coming up
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 01:26   #1050
BHPian

Hope it has a very comprehensive review on the below parameters for the 4x4

1. On road - High speed - stability and handling(road holding, grip, roll - limits) in curves, corners - Hoping they can also set it up / measure, compare the above viz a viz a good sedan as opposed to just Softroaders, Off Roaders, SUVs.

2. Off road - a bit more comprehensive than the current/existing crop of reviews in First Views and what has been done in Australia and US.

If the review could test it out in the individual scenarios - mud - dry and wet, thick and deep,
Snow - (lol - this cant happen at this time of the year)
Sand - wet and dry and deep and thin.
Some amount of rocky terrain.
Water fording and performance at max depth - as deep as it is allowed (as opposed to just engine breathing depth) - as the water depth increases - the resistance would/should increase dramatically. How comfortably will it handle the same.

3. If the total load carrying capacity of the Compass is 390 KG (Cargo + People) - Isnt this on the lower side - how does this compare with other vehicles - in the same, above and below - price range - among Cars, Softroaders, Off Roaders, SUVs(Not full size ones).

4.If they can highlight - if the MTs and gear ratios are different for the petrol and diesel
If they MTs and gear ratios are different between the 4x2 & the 4x4 (within the diesel engine compass) - and how does that affect especially the - On road driving.

5. On the 4x4 version / implementation of the Compass - what is the upper speed limit - or below what speed can - the 4WD Lock be used continuously.

Or is their no limit - meaning it can be used all the time (I am not considering fuel consumption)

What is the pro and con for driving it in 4WD Lock mode all the time.

What type are the front and back differentials?

And if enabled on regular roads - shouldnt this give the best speeds and grip within the envelope that it is designed to work. (as in better start and roll times. purely from a performance perspective, not while cruising on good highways)

Would I be right to compare this (4WD Lock on Compass) with a 4WD HI setting on an normal / proper 4x4? - I agree this implementation is most probably vide - software - electronics - selective braking vs transfer cases, locking diffs.

6. While its an EPS - does one get a sense of where the front wheels are - and what are they doing/going through?

7. Halogen Projector version performance vs the HID Projector version.

8. How effective is Electronic Brake and Hill Assist - on acute inclines.

9. What are the Kerb Weights for the various variants

10. A special note if possible on the Koni FSDs

11. On the 4x4 - are the skid plates implemented beyond the engine - transmission area.

12. If at all possible to get a look on pricing of servicing, consumables and routine parts.

13. Can ESC & ERM(ROM) be tested and their limits!

14. There is mention of a GPS - In the assumed / reported absence of built in Navigation - What or how does this help.

15. What / How does the Zinc Weight and Magnesium armature in the steering help - what do other steerings have - how is this beneficial over others.

Last edited by GTO : 17th July 2017 at 22:31. Reason: Removing quoted post which has been edited
PM - B is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks