Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2017, 12:32   #901
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Any confirmation of the launch event happening tomorrow?

Google doesn't show up any results other than a few posts in this thread which suggests that the prices will be revealed on July 4th.
On a lighter note, maybe FCA forgot about this, post the media drives.

I guess, there may not be any event or anything as such. They may just do a press release for the prices and mention from when the deliveries would start. With FCA anything is possible.
Old 3rd July 2017, 13:26   #902
BHPian

Spoke to the dealer in Mumbai. Prices are not expected before 20th July. His guess was between 20th and 25th July.
Test drives to begin soon there after. Deliveries to begin by august end.
Petrol automatic deliveries to start by October end. They are taking booking amount for petrol automatic as well.
Old 3rd July 2017, 13:33   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
So are the prices really going to be revealed on the 4th of July ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Any confirmation of the launch event happening tomorrow?
There is no official confirmation from FCA on launch (or should we call just price release?) on 4th July.
When I asked Jeep sales adviser about this, he simply laughed and said there is no official confirmation. According to him price will be announced in July second half and deliveries will start in First week of August. This wait has been really frustrating
Old 3rd July 2017, 14:13   #904
BHPian

I get no point in launching a vehicle when you are going to announce the price only a month later.
I have a feeling that they just want to judge the response from people before pricing it. This might also mean that they have a huge price bandwidth to play with. If they price the base variant close to Creta base variant they might get too many bookings which would lead to longer wait times (and frustration). If they price close to Tucson then it might be sales dud. Between these two price thresholds there is huge window to play with. I image a lot of price discussions going on in FCA India boardrooms these days.
amit1agrawal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 04:14   #905
BHPian

I think FCA is on the verge of overcooking the perfect dish they had come out with after ages.

They showcase the vehicle - and make us wait for few months. Then they launch the vehicle and start taking bookings without giving an iota of an idea as to how it would be priced. All this while they built up the anticipation with numerous press drives and fantastic promos with Milind soman.

They got the hype that they wanted (and much needed) and now this game of how it will be priced even amongst us has become too boring to even comment.

If they delay the price unveil even by another week - I think they will ruin the surprise with an overdose of anticipation for everyone. Making their potential hot cake a bit burnt to start with.
samyakmodi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 06:33   #906
Senior - BHPian

First impressions of a stationary car was that it feels very cramped inside. Anything more than 4 well fed people is not feasible for long durations. Leg space at the rear is also just adequate, but it is the width that is the real constraint.

I haven't seen them, but I imagine that Creta/Tiguan are better in this aspect?
Old 4th July 2017, 08:54   #907
BHPian

Saw the Jeep Compass over the weekend. I own a Fabia currently - which has excellent interiors and is well built. All cars (C2, Compact UV) that I see pale in front of Fabia and discourage me to upgrade.

Jeep, however felt plush with soft touch dashboard, nice inserts on doorpads, high quality roof fabric etc. It felt like an upgrade from an interiors perspective.

The build quality as all have pointed is a high point of the Jeep. The doors felt heavy and it gave a very "solid" feel to the UV. Another checkpoint as compared to my current benchmark - Fabia.

Space - this is where Jeep makes you feel shortchanged. The legspace is not huge but adequate - nice enough to not cancel the purchase decision. The under thigh support is on par with C2 sedans. The seat width is a challenge. The width of the door along with the doorpads and the external contours of the door is almost half a feet - 15 cm. So the external dimensions are good but the seat width almost makes you believe you are in a vehicle a class lower in terms of size. This may be a deal breaker for me. Although most time it will be kids in the backseat but for occasional use of adults the backseat may be inadequate.

Features - for which lot of people are complaining - do not matter much. I have a small set of "must haves" and the rest to me is gimmickry.

What matters more is ride comfort, driving dynamics and overall FTD factor - if Jeep provides those and is priced well, I am queueing up with the cheque book.

Lastly, showroom experience - FIAT is not doing well and it shows. The staff cannot speak well. They are selling a premium product and the quality of staff is poor at best. I hope they can elevate the experience and live up to the premium positioning they want to take.

~m

Last edited by serious_maniac : 4th July 2017 at 08:56. Reason: typos
serious_maniac is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 09:37   #908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
That's a good point, more so since people actually buy SUVs for the back seat comfort, and complain that sedan back seats are low, crouched seating position etc. So give us all sedan options which are more comfortable in the back seat in price range of Compass (15-20L).
Also I hear so many people comparing other form factor cars to this one, and end up stating that theirs feel better. I feel that this is primarily down to the reason why they choose those cars in the first place, purpose. IMO the purpose of buying an SUV is to utilize it's own long list of specialized features. Like if "selec-terrain traction management system" means nothing to you, then go get a Skoda Octavia with sun roof ... Woww !
anil_neo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 11:58   #909
BHPian

Got a call from the sales guy, wants me to book. The price will be declared by month end only, the diesel model might be available for test drive from 15th. Since I am looking for petrol, the wait continues both for Test Drive and Price.
Old 4th July 2017, 12:16   #910
BHPian

Jeep is losing the plot here.

There is no apparent reason for delay in announcing the prices . This thread itself has become so monotonous and boring. Does Jeep think that prospective customers have so much time as to wait forever for announcement of prices and then some more for delivery?
nvldvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 12:44   #911
BHPian

Quite agree. People are losing interest to the point that negatives about the product are being mentioned more than the positives which is not a good sign. They should have adopted the shock and awe strategy, and should have been ready with their prices on 1st July itself. They are either overconfident of their product or plain clueless. havent even heard about the petrol version in any review. At least that variant should have been made available to auto reviewers
Old 4th July 2017, 12:55   #912
BHPian

Another good product being killed due to delays. There is no better marketting than having actual owners drive the vehicle and others seeing.

FCA should declare the number of bookings so far. Seems it has come down else Jeep India would have tweeted the numbers. Quite expected if they continue to delay.
Old 4th July 2017, 13:02   #913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatmangal View Post
Spoke to the dealer in Mumbai. Prices are not expected before 20th July. His guess was between 20th and 25th July.
I think FCA are planning to announce the prices on the same date as the maximum OTR price. So I hope they launch it between 12th to 18th
Earlier the better!!
selfdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 13:21   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTraveller View Post
Another good product being killed due to delays.

They are showing that they have learned zero from the debacle of FIAT.

The UNO had massive bookings but failed to deliver as per manufacturing schedule. The Palio was the same and so was the Seina.

All good products all had good bookings but they somehow can't get their act together.

I recently had a long chat with CEO of Jeep and brought his attention to all these delays and the missing features like sunroof and the blank buttons on the steering right side of a car costing 20 plus ones and apparent lack of cruise control. Argument is they want to keep costs low and price it aggressively but I had a counter that a WRV has cruise control and even though hardly anyone uses it I don't want to see blank buttons on such an expensive car.

I hope they learn but all signs are pointing to the opposite and I'm worried they will screw up this second life FCA is getting.
M00M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 13:53   #915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
I hope they learn but all signs are pointing to the opposite and I'm worried they will screw up this second life FCA is getting.
Second life? You must be young. This is Fiat India's fourth life. Uno/Palio/Punto and now this. DNA is hard to change, it looks like.
Uno may have started life in the hands of the Indian Premier Automobiles, but it was the first mess that the Italians made in India by the time they were done with it.
Sawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks