Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2017, 13:04   #1516
BHPian

Re: Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs

Hi,
Has anyone discussed the service cost and intervals and prices of basic spare parts like ORVM's, Bumpers etc with the dealers.
It would help in making a more informed buying decision.
risham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 13:12   #1517
BHPian

Why is nobody comparing it with the Isuzu MU-X, the top 4x4 variant is very close in pricing.
Old 2nd August 2017, 13:29   #1518
BHPian

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1501660667.923445.jpg

Mumbai price list. What are RTO handling charges?
Also accessories should be included in price. I feel one can negotiate on RTO handling charges, accessories and insurance can be taken from outside. I see a total savings of around 40-50k.
Old 2nd August 2017, 13:49   #1519
BHPian

Jeep compass vs Big Boys

johannskaria is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 13:50   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Attachment 1663076

Mumbai price list. What are RTO handling charges?
Also accessories should be included in price. I feel one can negotiate on RTO handling charges, accessories and insurance can be taken from outside. I see a total savings of around 40-50k.
RTO Handling charges are illegal. You can also opt not to take any accessories or take the insurance from outside from a vendor of your choice. It all depends on how rigid the dealer is to comply with your demands. Seeing the mad rush and positive response, you may simply be asked to take it or leave it. Suggest you take it up directly with the company if they endorse such activities by their dealers.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...le-techie.html

PS: How come the Ex-showroom price is 1486000 i.e. lesser than the declared 1495000? Is this the Maharashtra wide ex-showroom price? I thought with GST, Ex-showroom price will be the same across India and only the road tax varies in Maharashtra and Karnataka.

Last edited by aviraj : 2nd August 2017 at 13:54.
aviraj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 14:31   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by risham View Post
Hi,
Has anyone discussed the service cost and intervals and prices of basic spare parts like ORVM's, Bumpers etc with the dealers.
It would help in making a more informed buying decision.
Very well said. In 2009/10, Punto and Linea were being promoted with service/spare parts cost comparisons with the competitor models. Now, the compass is being compared with Q3, and premium brands. Is it a subtle pointer, that the services are going to be "premium" ? Acquire one for cheap, but pay through the nose for the upkeep? I hope not. I am looking for the same information, to seal the decision to buy.

The auto box: it's totally new in the Indian context. With rising popularity, I hope FCA warranty department remains as generous as it is now! The box will be a pain point for sure! Not due to regular use, but due to abuse/misuse/ignorance . Fingers crossed!

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 2nd August 2017 at 14:34.
Old 2nd August 2017, 14:32   #1522
BHPian

I made a quick visit to the showroom to have a look. Ended up booking the base sport diesel variant. Have been promised delivery in a week. Don't know if it was a false promise of their part to collect the booking. can only wait and see. The accessories include roof painting in black which I thought would enhance the looks of the car so went ahead with it. Insurance I was assured that the quote will be competitive with others in the market and not to go by what was written in the price list.
ashishs is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 14:33   #1523
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Very well said. In 2009/10, Punto and Linea were being promoted with cost comparisons with the competitor models. Now, the compass is being compared with Q3, and premium brands. Is it a subtle pointer, that the services are going to be "premium" ? Acquire one for cheap, but pay through the nose for the upkeep? I hope not. I am looking for same information to seal the decision to buy.
Comparisons with Q3 and all were done by some of the media folks. FCA never mentioned this. Moreover, Compass being built in India with 70% localization vs assembled as CKD (Tucson / Tiguan), the service costs should be the least for the segment if even they charge a premium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishs View Post
Ended up booking the base sport diesel variant.

The accessories include roof painting in black which I thought would enhance the looks of the car so went ahead with it.
Congratulations.

Which colour? The black roof looks particularly good on red and silver colour cars IMO.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 2nd August 2017 at 14:36.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 14:34   #1524
Senior - BHPian

A fantastic product at a mind blowing price. Jeep has redefined the standards for this segment which would make it very difficult for the current leaders like the Creta and the Duster to hold fort. Capability wise it's got the Duster licked and the Creta covered in terms of interiors and features.

But..is there a chance that for one Jeep has though ahead to what the state of play might be in this segment a year and a half from now. By then we would have the Renault Captur and the Suzuki Vitarra as well. Bring them into the picture and it seems that Jeep has launched a product that covers them as well. The Vitarra for one comes with AWD and a 1.4 litre BoosterJet too.

If so, it is a very nice play from Jeep to think ahead and cover the upcoming competition.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 2nd August 2017, 14:37   #1525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Agreed that insurance is usually the biggest saving point. Perhaps this is one of the biggest incentives to dealers to earn more per booking.

In accessories, what are floor matts and body matts? Is there an option for glossy finish as well
Old 2nd August 2017, 14:55   #1526
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Finally!! It was a long wait for your Yeti replacement. We shall be waiting for your ownership review. Are you going for black this time too?
Yup there was no car I could find good enough to replace my Yeti. Only when the Compass was launched did I take the plunge, now waiting for delivery which as per dealer should happen by 3rd week of Aug. I have taken LTD (O) 4x4 in Silver and black combo.
Behemoth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 14:58   #1527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Congratulations.

Which colour? The black roof looks particularly good on red and silver colour cars IMO.
I have booked the silver color. Black color looked really good but I did not get permission from the home minister.
Old 2nd August 2017, 15:10   #1528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Agreed that insurance is usually the biggest saving point. Perhaps this is one of the biggest incentives to dealers to earn more per booking.
Yes insurance is a source of income but dealer commission is included in the average 3-3.5% insurance rates.

Look at the difference in these two quotes from dealer in Trichy (Rs 54K) and Hydrabad (Rs 99K), close to 100% difference (on base model).

Someone should send these to FCA what they have to say.
Attached Thumbnails
Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-trichy.jpg  

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-hydrabad.jpg  

S.MJet is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 15:11   #1529
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Yup there was no car I could find good enough to replace my Yeti. Only when the Compass was launched did I take the plunge, now waiting for delivery which as per dealer should happen by 3rd week of Aug. I have taken LTD (O) 4x4 in Silver and black combo.
Congratulations.

Interestingly, Skoda Yeti was launched at prices starting 15.4L originally, the exact same price starting price as Jeep Compass currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishs View Post
I have booked the silver color. Black color looked really good but I did not get permission from the home minister.
So both the bookings till now are for the Silver and black combo.
Old 2nd August 2017, 16:08   #1530
BHPian

Mods, some data crunching required:
Is this the fastest accelerating thread on the forum?
Alfresco is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks