Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2017, 07:38   #1561
BHPian

Re: Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs

And coming back to earth, this is the scene in Belgaum, a Tier-2 city!!! (photo credit: Mickey)

OK, you may not have the funds for a large fancy showroom, but the minimum you could have done is not to make it look like its some outlet in a village somewhere!!! Just look at that showroom and compare it to what your competitors Hyundai and TATA have !!!

I for one would find it very difficult to plonk 20L on a car from a showroom like that.
Attached Thumbnails
Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-sutaria1.jpg  

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-sutaria2.jpg  

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-hyundaibelgaum.jpg  

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-tata-belgaum.jpg  

keroo1099 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 07:49   #1562
Senior - BHPian

Question to all those who have seen the Compass up close - how is U-Connect? Are there different flavors of it by the price range?
Old 3rd August 2017, 08:24   #1563
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
I for one would find it very difficult to plonk 20L on a car from a showroom like that.
Ummm, what's wrong with that showroom ? And why does that influence your choice of car considering it will be a one off transaction with the showroom guys and the car will be with you for years ?
Eddy is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 08:32   #1564
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
hahaha no offense mate!

It is like going to a restaurant and saying "I pay for the quality of infrastructure, not for the quality of food"

I live in a tier II city too. Even major players like Maruti and hyundai have humble showrooms. Dont even ask about Tata, they have the dullest showroom in Trichy. In fact, the popular Maruti outlet's display area here is smaller than the local Royal enfield showroom.

Honestly, does it matter? Anyways, the jeep showroom at the inside is nice and classy only.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 3rd August 2017 at 08:35.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 08:39   #1565
BHPian

Quote:
Alas, as Prasanna and Eddy mentioned I am not able to find anything wrong in this showroom. When dealers in metros like Mumbai are closing down their shops, I think one living in Tier2 cities like Belgaum should consider themselves lucky as atleast they have one showroom

Last edited by DragonHawk : 3rd August 2017 at 08:48.
DragonHawk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 08:45   #1566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And coming back to earth, this is the scene in Belgaum, a Tier-2 city!!! (photo credit: Mickey)

OK, you may not have the funds for a large fancy showroom, but the minimum you could have done is not to make it look like its some outlet in a village somewhere!!! Just look at that showroom and compare it to what your competitors Hyundai and TATA have !!!

What you are not seeing is how it will look when completed. The showroom owner has enough confidence in the product to take space in an under construction building (or build his own building) and plonk in that much money for a little know product in a tier 2 city.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 08:46   #1567
BHPian

I had the same question as Eddy and Prasanna. So called "village" set up looks decent enough to sell cars. Afterall, you are not going there to buy a Rolls Royce or a Maybach. You are just going there to get a puny Jeep Compass which is not a premium car to begin with. Would be good if you tone down your prejudice. I know at least a couple of so called "villagers" who can afford cars 10 times as expensive. I am sure even they will not ridicule this setup. Whats wrong with it ? Did the attitude of the salesman piss you off ? Did you even talk to them ? Why will you be wary of spending 20L on Compass in this showroom ? Did they try to pull a fast one on you ?

Last edited by DieselAddikt : 3rd August 2017 at 08:50.
DieselAddikt is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 08:51   #1568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Ummm, what's wrong with that showroom ? And why does that influence your choice of car considering it will be a one off transaction with the showroom guys and the car will be with you for years ?
I don't think I am speaking only for myself, but first impressions play a huge part in having confidence in the product and the post purchase. The pictures should speak for themselves, not one prospective customer in sight except the person taking the pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
hahaha no offense mate!

It is like going to a restaurant and saying "I pay for the quality of infrastructure, not for the quality of food"

I live in a tier II city too. Even major players like Maruti and hyundai have humble showrooms. Dont even ask about Tata, they have the dullest showroom in Trichy. In fact, the popular Maruti outlet's display area here is smaller than the local Royal enfield showroom.

Honestly, does it matter? Anyways, the jeep showroom at the inside is nice and classy only.
No offence taken.

Insides may be nice, but to get someone in the outside should be nice too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
Seriously as Prasanna and Eddy mentioned I am not able to find anything wrong in this showroom. When dealers in metros like Mumbai are closing down their shops, I think one living in Tier2 cities like Belgaum should consider themselves lucky as atleast they have one showroom
They may have a showroom, but doesn't look like anyone's visiting even on a new launch. Must be a reason?

Again these are my views.
Old 3rd August 2017, 08:51   #1569
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I find nothing wrong with the showroom. Real estate costs are astronomical and an automotive dealership doesn't quite rake in sky high profits. The capital required in itself would make many turn away from the proposition of setting up a dealership. Do look at this thread.
moralfibre is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 08:52   #1570
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
Question to all those who have seen the Compass up close - how is U-Connect? Are there different flavors of it by the price range?
5 inch for the base two variants and 7 inch for the higher variants.

Detailed videos for both the systems are available on YouTube as they are used on both Compass and Renegade versions internationally. (Some international versions of Compass gets an 8.4 inch version though)
Old 3rd August 2017, 08:57   #1571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
I had the same question as Eddy and Prasanna. So called "village" set up looks decent enough to sell cars. Afterall, you are not going there to buy a Rolls Royce or a Maybach. You are just going there to get a puny Jeep Compass which is not a premium car to begin with. Would be good if you tone down your prejudice. I know at least a couple of so called "villagers" who can afford cars 10 times as expensive. I am sure even they will not ridicule this setup. Whats wrong with it ? Did the attitude of the salesman piss you off ? Did you even talk to them ? Why will you be wary of spending 20L on Compass in this showroom ? Did they try to pull a fast one on you ?
Village was the wrong word to use. But I stand by my other comments.

The pics of the FCA showroom were a forward. FYI, I am a very happy owner of a T-Jet and have a great relationship with KHT in Bangalore, but feel the Belgaum showroom could have been better when launching a make or break product.
keroo1099 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 08:59   #1572
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Wouldn't be worried about the other smaller parts as the warranty covers 3 years and 1L kms. Probably the extended warranty (when announced) will take it to 5 years and 1.5L kms. I can say for sure that FCA has been pretty good with warranty claims, although the extended warranty had issues recently (from the external vendor who denies claims) and I hear they are changing the vendor now.

The bad? Hardcore offroaders won't be pleased, but I know of only a handful of them who would venture out off-road with expensive machines.
The good part sounds ok.

We will have to wait and see that if the experience of Fiat holds true for Jeep as well. Especially the warranty claims.

And off-road for some is a necessity, I don't go and take part in an OTR or go purposely to an OTR. Most of my OTR is either while taking a diversion when there is a road block [& believe me this involves almost all kinds of terrains, divider jumping, stream crossing, mud, sand, ascending or descending a very steep gradient] or I am going to a construction site which is usually slush/mud and axle twisters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Jeep as a brand is not even in the top 10 of reliable brands in multiple yearly consumer review/forums/survey over the years. The other brands above Jeep were surprisingly BMW, MERC and Audi.
Even Audi? And Audi is the least reliable brand in the German trio.

Quote:
Hope your fortune forecasting for Jeep becomes true and over a period data proves you are right as well. We are way too early to get this judgmental on service, maintenance and cost of ownership.
Amen
Quote:
Again, this is just assumptions. Many of us who own Germans here have actually found the cars to be way more abuse friendly than most other brands we have used. Call it better suspension or better build but my Jetta has gone through more abuse that it still hardly rattles compared to say a Swift i had earlier.
This is precisely what I am waiting to be found out when others plonk their money and share it on the forum. How abuse friendly it is. Can one hammer down bad roads, what about rattles/squeaks in 2/3 years of use or xxxx kms of use. This is something which our comprehensive Official Review might not be able to cover.

Quote:
I still think the base is loaded but lacks that final punch to make it stand out. The competition may hardly flinch now till they see actual sales, service and future of Jeep.
Save for design and brand, there are no stand alone points.
Quote:
Brother, i just converted a guy at work from Jeep to Octavia. The sedan will last longer, safer and ride better for years IMHO. In fact the only other car i suggested was to look at the top end elantra 2L Petrol.
But GC is important to some as is the *used to* driving position of a SUV.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 09:05   #1573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
The price list for Kerala. Looking good with no extra charges.
Superb pricing of the Compass by Jeep! Wish it becomes a blockbuster hit.

This is the price list given to me by Hyson Thrissur. Variations in price depending on insurance, accessories charge etc.

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-img20170803wa0000.jpg

Last edited by GKR9900 : 3rd August 2017 at 09:08.
GKR9900 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 09:15   #1574
BHPian

I love the Compass. Love it. I only wish it would have built in Sat-Nav. But I also hope this brings some sense into Skoda for pricing their upcoming Kodiaq and Karoq a little better.
Old 3rd August 2017, 09:29   #1575
BANNED

Quote:
And coming back to earth, this is the scene in Belgaum, a Tier-2 city!!!
I guess you are upset that the top floors are unfinished. I hope you have seen sample apartments in unfinished towers, it just looks like this only. And for that matter the finished Jeep showroom is as swanky and neat as it gets. I bet this Jeep showroom is gonna bring in more shops to this building for sure. If I were an entrepreneur I would definitely think of starting a cafe and a fashion wear in the same building.

Between I'm envious of people of Belgaum as I'm in a tier II city and the nearest Jeep showroom is 95 kms away! I'm talking of a place with 3 Maruti, 2 Hyundai, 2 Honda, 2 Volkswagen, 2 Datsun ,1 Nissan, 1 Renault,1 Mahindra, 1 Tata ,1 Toyota and 1 Ford showrooms within a radius of 10 kms! And this whole place is awash with affluent people, with the highest number of US/Canada/UK based NRI families in the whole state!!!
The Rationalist is offline   (10) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks