Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2017, 23:25   #1891
BHPian

Re: Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
Needless to say Jeep ASS would be a disaster.
Please don't take one bad experience to heart. Am sure the one year old Maruti Brezza is going to serve you better and you knew it too well even before you went into that showroom.

If I want a car, no bad dealer is going to stop me. For it is the product that is important to me, not the seller.
civic-sense is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 07:54   #1892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
If I want a car, no bad dealer is going to stop me. For it is the product that is important to me, not the seller.
A dealer part of the producing side of fence, not the consuming side. If everyone thought that bad dealer is ok, customer would be the slave. Mediocrity will creep in and dealers won't need to give a damn. I think we should be demanding and willing to penalize the manufacturer for poor dealerships
Caesar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 08:17   #1893
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
I think we should be demanding and willing to penalize the manufacturer for poor dealerships
Absolutely!

However - I believe his point was that he would penalize a manufacturer for poor products as compared to ones with poor dealers. I believe in the same as well - A good product from a bad dealer is much more value for the money paid than a compromised product from a good dealer. Product is more important than the seller.

Afterall, dealer experience comes once in the purchase cycle. Service experience might come once every 15k kms or once a year. But - you live with the car every single day for atleast 2-3 years!

If a better product is available at a better dealership /service network, at a comparable price - they deserve the money, no doubts about it.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 10:11   #1894
BHPian

Quote:
In my case, it is definitely going to stop me. Hence I own a VW Jetta, not a Skoda Octavia

PS: There were other contributing factors as well but the attitude of dealer certainly didn't help the cause of Skoda.

Quote:
Am sure the one year old Maruti Brezza is going to serve you better and you knew it too well even before you went into that showroom.
When it comes to automobile shopping, my heart has this amazing ability to turn off my mind. My garage has already have a couple of proofs of that.

Last edited by bhavik.1991 : 17th August 2017 at 10:25.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 12:28   #1895
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
Hence I own a VW Jetta, not a Skoda Octavia
Ouch! There is a saying in Germany - "A mistake, however late it is identified, should always be corrected"
Old 17th August 2017, 13:31   #1896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Ouch! There is a saying in Germany - "A mistake, however late it is identified, should always be corrected"
I wish German manufacturers knew this, otherwise we would not have DSG failures that frequently over the years .

Last edited by aah78 : 17th August 2017 at 18:33. Reason: Typo.
Old 17th August 2017, 15:46   #1897
BHPian

These are a couple of videos which shows a brand new un registered Jeep Compass with Smoke coming out of the engine bay.
The owner says that they were stuck in a heavy traffic jam and he moved the vehicle for 100-200 meters with clutch partially engaged. The owner, who was also driving the car, does not remember which gear he was in at that time. He claims that a few passerby said that some smoke is coming out of the vehicle.When he stopped the vehicle, a crowd gathered around the vehicle and started looking for the source of the smoke.
The owner says the smoke may have been out of some burnt insulation near the clutch, but he is not too sure about it. Someone from the crowd poured water in the engine bay which caused a lot of steam to come out. What looks like smoke in the video is actually steam! The owner also claims that he is very satisfied with the vehicle and it is in perfectly fine condition.
Courtesy CARTOQ.COM
sparky@home is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 16:22   #1898
Senior - BHPian

Just saw Jeep showroom opened in Satara city on the Pune-Banglore national highway. Satara is comparatively small city and not a big city like Pune, Kolhapur, Nasik etc. This shows that Jeep is very serious about Indian market and want to succeed here which is a very welcome and positive news. Hope they will ensure about the good service as well. Keeping prices low for spares and service will help them gain confidence of Indian customers sooner. Typical Indian mentality is people will spend lac or two more initially when they purchase a car, but want low maintenance costs. Hope Jeep will make sure that maintenance costs are in check.
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 17:27   #1899
BHPian

Spotted Jeep Compass. Road presence: Jeep Compass vs Renault Duster vs Honda WRV vs Maruti Suzuki S-Cross
Attached Thumbnails
Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-jeep2.jpg  

wrongturn is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 18:30   #1900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Absolutely!

However - I believe his point was that he would penalize a manufacturer for poor products as compared to ones with poor dealers. I believe in the same as well - A good product from a bad dealer is much more value for the money paid than a compromised product from a good dealer. Product is more important than the seller.
Perfectly said. I own a fiat Linea and the product is outstanding. The sales was a miss initially, but i could easily negate the FASS shortcomings by building a good rapport with the service team.
I dont remember a single instance where i faced any service issue. Right from the workshop mechanic to fiat management , all were available anytime for any anticipated issue.

I dont want to compromise on the product with which i have to live 99.9% of the time for the 0.1% of better service experience which is quite subjective again.
amit_mechengg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 19:11   #1901
Team-BHP Support

FYI guys - In Gurgaon, the Mahindra showroom near Guru Dronacharya metro station has been replaced by an FCA showroom. Good prime location, ample parking and two banks in the same complex just in case you want to make that booking
Eddy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 22:12   #1902
BHPian

In Bangalore, Jeep Compass delivery so far is with temporary registration(TR), RTO system here is not updated with this vehicle information, today I hearing update that from early next week onwards permanent registration could be possible.
Old 17th August 2017, 23:22   #1903
BHPian

Unofficial branding?

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-img_5749.png

https://www.motoroids.com/news/video...-jeep-compass/
Moto_Hill is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 09:40   #1904
BHPian

Hello All,

I too had a very small test drive of the compass. I only concentrated on the driving aspects since the showroom was crowded like mad! this was on a weekend. It is very evident jeep guys are going berserk over the response on the vehicle.

I drive a duster AWD. so to all who plan for a duster upgrade. let me tell it in short. THIS IS IT!

like i mentioned did not spend much time on it. I was lucky to get a test drive since i just dropped by.

Quick comparison:

Duster Steering :6/10 Compass Steering 9/10
Duster engine response : 9/10 Compass Engine response: 9.5/10
Duster Ride & Handling : 9/10 Compass ride & Handling : 9/10 (couldnt check at higher speeds. Short drive)
Duster Braking : 9/10 (My previous car was ford IKON) Compass Braking : 10/10
Duster Interiors : 4/10 Compass Interiors :8/10
Duster exterior : 8/10 Compass Exterior :9/10
Duster torque feel & Drivability: 8/10 Compass Torque feel & Drivability: 9.5/10
Duster Mileage :9/10 (highway between 16-19) Compass (dont Know)

These are only my personal opinion.
hiran77 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 09:56   #1905
BHPian

Also, Duster Cost : 10/10 , Compass Cost: 20/10
BUXX is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks