Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2017, 17:49   #1951
Senior - BHPian

Re: Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs

Interesting bit of news that might be related: China's Great Wall Motors announces that it is interested in acquiring Fiat Chrysler, OR parts therefore (from other reports, they're targeting Jeep, Dodge & RAM).

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-fia...KCN1B10OD?il=0

Of course FCA have promptly denied this, but its no secret that they've been scouting out for partners who would fund their financial distress, or at least sell parts of the business that would give them the money they seek. No smoke without fire somewhere...

Last edited by Steeroid : 21st August 2017 at 17:53.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 17:56   #1952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
This is what I found from owners manual of Honda City.
Doesn't talk about loading weight.
Kerb weight minus the above will give you the loading

The website shows that for petrol - the

KB varies from 1080 - 1107 KG
GVW varies from 1455 - 1482

Leaving us with 375 for passengers and luggage
PM - B is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 19:03   #1953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
The Duster AWD has good road manners, superb ride quality, it is quite reliable and abuse friendly, decently frugal, and adequately competent off the road, specially in slush and sand. I don't think that this list can be considered as just about it. Yes, the interiors could have been better at the price point. Recently tbhpian Delix got a Duster AWD for a little over 14 lacs on road in Kolkata. That is close to 10 lacs cheaper than the Compass 4x4! I personally think that the Duster AWD will be at least as capable as the Compass. Will have to wait for real world tests to prove that wrong. So the Duster AWD makes a lot of sense when compared with the Compass 4x4 for adventure seeking people on a tighter budget.
For people with an even tighter budget, there is the Thar, and for an even tighter one, there is the Gypsy. For people with a bit more money than the Compass there is the Endy.

Everything comes for a price, and where the Compass stands, I don't see any real competition.
civic-sense is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 19:32   #1954
BHPian

Seems FCA soon become a Chinese brand!!

Reuter reported that the China's automaker Great Wall Motor is interested in bidding for FCA and FCA seems to be positive on the deal.

Reference:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...-idUSKCN1B10HU
Old 21st August 2017, 20:03   #1955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinVirage View Post
Jeep Testing a Limited version with panoramic sunroof and longitude alloys? Any news on this?

A Few Pics of the same...
Sales guy in bangalore mentioned sunroof and cruise control are for export models. He said it will not make it to indian market anytime soon.
This vehicle might be export model which is being tested.
Old 21st August 2017, 20:40   #1956
BHPian

Extreme case of off-roading is what this weight consideration needs to be taken for. For general purpose on-road usage, this should not be much of a concern. If you have too many undulating surfaces, you're definitely not going to be fully loaded. Just a thought!!

Also, comparing against different price points and segments wouldn't do anyone any good.

I personally feel Compass is for those who like the RR Evoque at a much cheaper price.
AvinashKeezh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 20:41   #1957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsithan View Post
Seems FCA soon become a Chinese brand!!

Reuter reported that the China's automaker Great Wall Motor is interested in bidding for FCA and FCA seems to be positive on the deal.

Reference:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...-idUSKCN1B10HU
For that matter, Volvo cars is also chinese, owned by Geely.
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 07:44   #1958
BHPian

Went to check out the vehicle... First reaction: It's so tiny!

Fit & finish were good. Couldn't take test ride as there was a long line of people waiting and I had time constraints.

Compared the cabin back to back with XUV. The XUV wins hands-down on sense of space, commanding driving position & Leg room.
Rathore_13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 08:16   #1959
BHPian

Some healthy competition
Attached Thumbnails
Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-img20170822wa0003.jpg  

anil_neo is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 08:29   #1960
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anil_neo View Post
Some healthy competition
Healthy competition! This doesn't appear like that to me. First the Hexa, now XUV. I'm getting the impression that they are worried and almost panicking. These Ads are a result of that and thereby they are giving free publicity to Compass. Healthy competition would be if they let their vehicles speak instead of their PR agency!

When some cars failed the NCAP test, Maruti Suzuki gave some absurd justifications while Volkswagen made ABS and dual airbags standard across all variants. Volkswagen let their cars speak.
Similarly here, it would have been better if Mahindra must have made XUV more tempting than this full-paper Ad. It's a beautiful picture I must say

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 22nd August 2017 at 08:55.
hemanth.anand is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 09:16   #1961
BHPian

Had been to the Jeep Showroom this Sunday. Suprisingly, eventhough pune was having a heavy downpour the showroom had quite a few excited faces looking at the Jeep Compass.

The Car: Two Words : Massive Torque. Its a typical MJDi Engine but with a slick six speed transmission which immediately puts a smile on your face. We drove the Longitude 4x2 Diesel model. I think this variant is the best as in a perfect balance between price and features (as rightly pointed earlier 6 Airbags would have been an awesome addition). At the same time, everyone loves the top end no doubt about that, especially the snug, comfortably contoured, lovely finished leather seats.

The Showroom: Typical Fiat showroom. Loads of unorganized mayhem. Nobody knows whats going on. Then finally after a long wait, you get what you want. But, yes, It is worth the wait.

And to conclude, i know this is an SuV, but eventhough MJDi is Superb, the Jet would be something else.

PS: To the people who have test driven the Car, is it just me or the A-Pillar is weird? Not a deal breaker, but just gets time getting used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranvakati View Post
Sales guy in bangalore mentioned sunroof and cruise control are for export models. He said it will not make it to indian market anytime soon.
This vehicle might be export model which is being tested.
Well, at least from the experience I had with Pune guys, I'm not sure to the extent to which they are informed (or should I say misinformed).
Apparently, According to the sales person - They have'nt launched the Petrol and the Autos now so that they can give the prospective customers something to look forward too. I don't see the point.

From A massive Fiat Fan - To a Jeep Fan Now
MartinVirage is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 09:34   #1962
BHPian

Going by racing DNA, what are the 0-60 and power to wait figures of both the cars? Handling I am sure Compass may be better.
Old 22nd August 2017, 10:02   #1963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anil_neo View Post
Some healthy competition
Free advertisement for Compass I'd say Seems like Mahindra & Tata are trying hard to not lose their potential customers to Jeep. Whether it'll backfire or not is a difficult question to answer though.
bhp_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 10:05   #1964
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Whether it'll backfire or not is a difficult question to answer though.
Let's wait for few more days and compare August sales figures . When is Hyundai going to target Compass like Tata and Mahindra?
Old 22nd August 2017, 10:12   #1965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Of course FCA have promptly denied this, but its no secret that they've been scouting out for partners who would fund their financial distress, or at least sell parts of the business that would give them the money they seek. No smoke without fire somewhere...
Sergio has been quite vocal about scouting for partners. He tried to court GM and VW, but it looks like things didn't happen as he had thought.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks