Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2017, 10:30   #1996
BHPian

Re: Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishs View Post
One week update.

Had to drive it much more than expected. Had taken in a full tank right after leaving the showroom. Took another full tank last night. Total distance traveled(790 - 35). Total diesel taken in last night = 46.7. Mileage ~ 16. This is 75% highway and 25% city.
Hey, that's a very good fuel efficiency you are getting. The ARAI fuel efficiency is around 17.1 km/L and you are quite close to that even with a new vehicle.

As I get to see from online reviews that its a "hoot" to drive in the highway. How does it ride in the city, the ease of driving etc. Looking forward to your "preview" before the tbhp "review" .

And many congratulations!
sups is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 13:22   #1997
BHPian

Quote:
One week update.

Had to drive it much more than expected. Had taken in a full tank right after leaving the showroom. Took another full tank last night. Total distance traveled(790 - 35). Total diesel taken in last night = 46.7. Mileage ~ 16. This is 75% highway and 25% city.

Car of course is a head turner. Be ready for test drive requests if you are getting one early.
Can we know the speeds you maintained usually to achieve this mileage?
Old 24th August 2017, 14:19   #1998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post

As I get to see from online reviews that its a "hoot" to drive in the highway. How does it ride in the city, the ease of driving etc. Looking forward to your "preview" before the tbhp "review" .
My previous ride was a swift diesel so that bar for city driving is pretty high. I was in love with the handling and ease of use of that sweet sweet car. So remember most of what I say is in comparison to the swift.

The engine is slowly opening up and is getting more responsive. I think a couple more weeks of driving would allow me to make a much better comparison. What is already visible is that overtaking is a breeze as there is lot of power on tap. I am still getting used to the extra(more than double) power and taking it a bit slow for now and not doing too much of spirited driving. On the highway it feels extremely plated and you get a different level of confidence. In the city I am needing more gear shifts than the swift. Don't think it will ever match the swift in city riding but I am trying to get close by adjusting my driving style. Overall the car has not given me any reason till now to regret my impulsive purchase decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiran77 View Post
Can we know the speeds you maintained usually to achieve this mileage?
Out of the 750, 400 was agra trip on the yamuna expressway. Speeds between 90-110. Inside Agra did get stuck in traffic though.
Rest 250 was daily office trips, little more than half of which is expressway. Expressway speeds between 60-100 and the rest b2b traffic.
ashishs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 16:15   #1999
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Big thanks to Arjit Yadav for sharing!

Quote:
Hey,

Got the delivery of my Compass 4x4 yesterday - many BHPians were asking about when the deliveries of Compass 4x4 will be starting. Let them know that in Rajasthan, the deliveries have begun and mine is the first one in the state.

Today, I was reading the manual and got a sudden shock to see the terms and conditions of the warranty. The 3 years / 100,000 km warranty is only for its body panels and engine, the rest (for example, shock absorbers, electrical components, catalytic converter, headlights etc) are covered only for 2 years / 40,000 km.

Though the product is fantastic, but now I feel cheated. No dealers have any idea about this and they are saying we have to confirm it from the head office and revert.

Please do let me know if you guys have any information regarding the same.

Thanks
Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-img_20170824_105216.jpg

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-img_20170824_105235_1.jpg

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-img_20170824_110200.jpg
GTO is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 16:26   #2000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Big thanks to Arjit Yadav for sharing!

Attachment 1669315

Attachment 1669316

Attachment 1669317
Well from a point of view that there was no transparency on the terms of warranty, the customer has every right to feel cheated. However I would suggest that components like the headlights, electrical components etc that work for two years or 40k kms are less likely to fail.

As it is, I feel that warranty is best ensured by clocking a decent mileage during the warranty period as quality issues in components like shocks etc usually manifest themselves through usage.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Quote:
In the city I am needing more gear shifts than the swift. Don't think it will ever match the swift in city riding but I am trying to get close by adjusting my driving style. Overall the car has not given me any reason till now to regret my impulsive purchase decision.

This seems to be a common trait of Fiat diesels that need constant gear shifts in traffic situations. I had the same experience when driving the SCross 1.6, having to use 2nd gear in places where my Polo would have needed 3rd. The TDI engines are much more traffic friendly having very good low and mid range torque at the expense of the addictive surge of torque that the Multijets give you after around 2000 rpm.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by moralfibre : 25th August 2017 at 09:41. Reason: Back to back posts.
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 21:01   #2001
BHPian

Can anybody confirm the turning radius of compass in comparison to Creta or any sedan of same length
Old 24th August 2017, 21:46   #2002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
Can anybody confirm the turning radius of compass in comparison to Creta or any sedan of same length
I guess it is 5.5m for Compass as opposed to 5.3m in case of Creta
ece2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 08:42   #2003
BHPian

Compass gets 8171 bookings. Company is working towards increasing production.

They got 5000 bookings before price announcement in a period of appx 5-6 weeks. After price announcement they have managed 3100 booking in three weeks. Looks good.

Quote:
Fiat Chrysler gets over 8,100 bookings for Jeep Compass.
Quote:
FCA is already working towards a 25% more output than initially planned, said three people in the know of the plans.
It is currently manufacturing 90 Jeep Compass a day but wants to expand to 110 per day, and production of export-designated vehicles is yet to start.
They have still not started production of export spec models. That explains sighting of sunroof equipped test mules.

ET Auto

Last edited by S.MJet : 25th August 2017 at 08:44.
S.MJet is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 08:53   #2004
BHPian

Without the petrols and the automatics, it is a great start. Well done.
Old 25th August 2017, 09:30   #2005
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
I guess it is 5.5m for Compass
Confirmed from Jeep - it's 5.65 meters. That's more than the Safari Storme

Quote:
as opposed to 5.3m in case of Creta
The Creta's is 5.2m.
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 09:39   #2006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
The Duster AWD has good road manners, superb ride quality, it is quite reliable and abuse friendly, decently frugal, and adequately competent off the road, specially in slush and sand. I don't think that this list can be considered as just about it.

I personally think that the Duster AWD will be at least as capable as the Compass. Will have to wait for real world tests to prove that wrong. So the Duster AWD makes a lot of sense when compared with the Compass 4x4 for adventure seeking people on a tighter budget.
I agree. I expect after sales for both to be equally average, so what is it that the Compass is expected to do that the Duster will not?
Old 25th August 2017, 09:40   #2007
Team-BHP Support

Carwale has done a session of off-roading with the Compass, Tiguan, Hexa, Fortuner and V-Cross. The link to the video on YouTube -

BlackPearl is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 09:55   #2008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The Creta's is 5.2m.

What's with FCA and high turning radius figures? Even the Linea and the Punto had ridiculous turning radius figures when compared to their segments. I remember my brother always struggling with his Punto in the city, almost every U turn was a 3 point exercise.

Even though I have seen the Compass in the showroom, I saw it amongst the traffic yday and I felt the vehicle was quite compact, so all the more surprised by the turning radius figures.
motorworks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 09:56   #2009
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for that piece of info.

I just couldn't understand why some cars have a huge turning radius despite their compact size and vice versa. For instance, Octavia with 5.2m turning radius and Tucson with 5.3m turning radius are pretty easy to drive in the city in spite of their bigger footprint. Similarly sized Tiguan with a turning radius of 5.75m and more compact Compass at 5.65m are going to be cumbersome when taking tight U turns based on my pre-facelift Linea experience. Fiat somehow managed to significantly reduce the turning radius of the facelifted Linea and I am not sure why other manufacturers aren't able to do so
ece2k2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 10:26   #2010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
Without the petrols and the automatics, it is a great start. Well done.
Those bookings would include petrol models and may be some diesel automatics as well, nonetheless they have made a good start despite having limited reach.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks