Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2017, 12:46   #166
BHPian

Re: Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire

Wow!

Smart Pricing. Variant to Variant price difference is exactly 1 Lakh between Diesel and Petrol. Add to that 6 Automation options with exactly 47K premium on it's manual variant.
All in all 14 options to chose from. They are set to destroy the opposition and how!

What happens to Tigor now? Hope GM doesn't come up with it's CS. Not a chance to survive!
Old 16th May 2017, 12:52   #167
Senior - BHPian

Vdi/Vxi are the most vfm variants among the line up and I believe will be the highest in demand, both manual and AMT.
33k bookings even before prices were revealed. Shows the brand power Maruti enjoys in India. Now with the reveal I believe it will get double in few days itself.

On a side note anyone knows when are the Test drives starting ?
harry10 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 12:57   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Vdi/Vxi are the most vfm variants among the line up and I believe will be the highest in demand, both manual and AMT.
33k bookings even before prices were revealed. Shows the brand power Maruti enjoys in India. Now with the reveal I believe it will get double in few days itself.?
Many of those bookings could be existing bookings for the old model converted to new model. Nevertheless, the booking list will indeed go on growing exponentially over the next few days as you said!
Old 16th May 2017, 13:01   #169
BHPian

Goodness, with that pricing are they confident enough of delivering 25K+ copies month on month? What's the capacity on their lines?

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a waiting period of 3 months. I recollect there was a ramp-up happening in one of their facilities!!!

Thanks,
C_
Old 16th May 2017, 13:07   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Wow!

Smart Pricing. Variant to Variant price difference is exactly 1 Lakh between Diesel and Petrol. Add to that 6 Automation options with exactly 47K premium on it's manual variant.
All in all 14 options to chose from. They are set to destroy the opposition and how!

What happens to Tigor now? Hope GM doesn't come up with it's CS. Not a chance to survive!
Tigor/Aspire/Amaze/Xcent, should be really really worried. As an overall package Dzire covers all these in all price bands and with the kind of faith people have in the Maruti brand it's a no brainer who will be the winner here by a good margin.
The good thing is we can expect decent discounts on all these very soon. In the end we as a buyer are spoiled with good enough choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Many of those bookings could be existing bookings for the old model converted to new model. Nevertheless, the booking list will indeed go on growing exponentially over the next few days as you said!
Possible. If the current waiting period is 2 months I expect it to increase to at least 6 months soon enough. Especially the AMT variants as the demand will be really high for them considering only 47k difference.
Many baleno buyers waiting out may also change their bookings to Dzire. Maruti has a win win all the way.

Last edited by harry10 : 16th May 2017 at 13:09.
harry10 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 13:49   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
...ZXI+ gets, over and above the ZXI:

LED projectors,
DRLs,
Precision-cut alloys,
Reversing Camera,
SmartPlay navigation-based touchscreen infotainment system,
Auto Headlamps with Lead-Me & Follow-Me-Home feature...
A 95K premium for these features on Z+ variant compared to Z? That's a bit too much I guess.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 13:57   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
--- speculated price to start at 5.5 lakhs with rage topping at 9.2 lakhs (ex Del.)
Pricing is as expected. Speculated is nearly spot-on, a little more research could have been more closer to actual

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-marutisuzukidzirespeccomparo.jpg

First Drive review : Automated Manual Transmission petrol variant

Quote:
The refinement of the 1.2-litre K-Series engine, which has always been a refined unit, has been upped further with new tuning. The AMT unit too has been improved that we had also experienced in the Maruti Suzuki Ignis.

The intermittent time between the shifts have been reduced significantly, making the transmission smoother as well as more responsive than before. The transmission has its benefits while driving in the city as well on highways
Quote:
Overall, the new Maruti Suzuki Dzire feels more premium, the engine and the AMT units has been refined further, and the NVH levels have been significantly improved.

Source-OverDrive

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th May 2017 at 14:11.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 13:59   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Official website is now live.

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-13.jpg

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-1.jpg

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-2.jpg

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-3.jpg

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-4.jpg

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-5.jpg

Official brochure can be downloaded from here.

Official accessories brochure can be downloaded from here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
A 95K premium for these features on Z+ variant compared to Z? That's a bit too much I guess.
I did predict a 90,000-95,000 rupee raise for the Z_i+ variants in my earlier post.

Good thing that they kept the Z_i variants' pricing at more or less the same as the outgoing DZire, as opposed to a slight hike which I was assuming in my earlier post.

That makes the Z_i+'s pricing a bit more reasonable. Still, for places like Bangalore & Mumbai, the top variant's price will touch/cross 11 lakhs OTR, which is a bit steep IMO.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 16th May 2017 at 14:05.
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 14:05   #174
BHPian

The ZXI+/ZDI+ has LED Lights, DRL, Reverse Camera, Audio Video Navigation system, Precision cut alloy wheels and Auto Headlamps as compared to ZXI/ZDI but costing around Rs.90 thousand more.

Maruti could have merged these features in ZXI/ZDI variant and kept things simple for customers.

Two shortcomings in the spec are Lower ground clearance of 163mm and Steel Spare tyre wheel of size 165/80 R14 compared to Alloy tyre wheel size 185/65 R15.

If the suspension is tuned to be soft, then the lower ground clearance could be a headache.
DImPo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 14:29   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
All the fears about a price hike of around 30 - 50K is alleviated.

Good pricing, considering all the improvements. You pay nothing extra compared to the old DZire for the improvements in the safety, boot space, legroom, FE, and looks department . A possible but gradual price hike in the future?

And this makes sure that the new Swift 2018 will also be priced sensibly compared to the current one.

This one will steal some sales from Baleno, Brezza and Ciaz and from competitors' models for sure owing to its freshness, improvements and good looks. One thing that can be a problem is the long waiting period it may suffer. Hope the Gujarat facility will come to rescue Maruti.
I am bit surprised that they did not hike the price . May with the new Z(+) variants they are anticipating the average selling price and average margin of Dzire to be substantially more.

I use S-cross and I drove Dzire 2 weeks back (after a gap of 1 year) and from inside it looked lot smaller in every possible way so I doubt it would steal any Ciaz sales considering the new model is only marginally bigger (wheelbase and width wise)
jaganpec2002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 14:50   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is how the all-new 2017 DZire stacks up, price-wise, against it's in-segment competition:

PETROL

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-petrol.jpg
DIESEL

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-diesel.jpg

All prices, ex-showroom Delhi.

Note - Toyota hasn't updated the Etios Platinum's prices since September 2016 on it's official website.

Tata Tigor's prices added for reference purpose only.
RavenAvi is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 14:51   #177
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganpec2002 View Post
I am bit surprised that they did not hike the price
1. One reason may be the fat margin they are already getting with the current prices. Think about this:

Ritz LXi with all discounts were priced around 4.25L ex-showroom, Delhi. At the same time, in-demand Swift LXi was priced around 4.75L. With not much to differentiate between those 2 in terms of mechanicals and tax structure, that is a clear margin of 50K.

Now, consider DZire. Many people have mentioned that the production cost of a sedan is actually lower than its hatch version. Take it with a pinch of salt, and assume it is 10K higher than hatch. But DZire is priced around 50K higher than Swift - yielding another 40K as margin.

Now consider the margin they might be getting on a Ritz. Assume it to be 10K.

Adding those figures, Maruti is getting a clear margin of 1 Lakh (50K + 40K + 10K) while selling a DZire. That too for the base variant. Going higher up in terms of the variants, the margin will be even more.

Considering the fact that the average profit Maruti is getting on a car is much smaller than that, they can easily maintain the current price levels.

2. The fear of losing sales to the competition sub-4m sedans, as most of them are priced very competitively.
3. Assume DZire and Brezza are priced similarly. Many will go for the Brezza because of its SUV stance. The profit on a Brezza which is built on the Suzuki global C-platform will be definitely lower than that of the DZire. Why losing the higher margins getting on a DZire to the smaller margins getting on a Brezza?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 16th May 2017 at 15:21.
romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 14:56   #178
BHPian

Maruti hardly goes wrong with the bread and butter models' pricing. DZire is no different. I am sure Tigor and Xcent will be having jitters. With the amount of fan following we have for Maruti in India, I am sure this will have competition searching for brace.

AMT all round is a great move and it is going to push the sentiments towards automatics much more now in the country. Which eventually means that more competitors will bring automatics in the market. That's a brilliant thing for our traffic ingested roads.

With a fresh design and no longer the looks of an after market thought over boot, DZire will surely have the flag set high for Maruti. I think the sub 4 meter segment will be decimated and we might be writing off zest/xcent/tigor very soon. The only saving grace for the competition will be the waiting times which will have some buy the other cars too.
justwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 15:16   #179
Senior - BHPian

One thing as mentioned in car evolution or similar thread is that NO car in the CS segment is flop. Then there is ever-growing taxi segment, so all the other manufacturers have a fair chance but lets see.
Old 16th May 2017, 15:20   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

ACI reviews the Dzire VXI - AMT,

Quote:
The engine is really silent and refined on startup. It’s barely audible at idling revs. However, get moving and it feels a bit different in character. From as low as 1,200rpm, the motor builds speed, with none of that slight lethargy off the line as before. Power delivery is nice and smooth, and the revs build in a linear manner. It makes a sporty sound once it crosses 3,500 revs and there’s no reluctance from the engine. It’ll cleanly pull till 6,300 rpm.

The five-speed manual transmission is a joy to use and the throws are short and very smooth. The clutch though, feels a bit springy and tends to fight back with your left foot; even the travel is a bit long.
Quote:
Maruti has softened this car a bit and ride quality is noticeably better than the outgoing car. There are fewer body movements over bad sections of road and these aren’t jarring any more. It soaks up road imperfections in a very mature manner and feels nice and absorbent.
Quote:
The steering is light and, with a really tight turning radius, it’s effortless to twirl around in the city. The return to centre is weak though, like many modern Marutis
Source: Autocar India

Last edited by Aditya : 17th May 2017 at 08:11. Reason: Adding source
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks