Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2017, 23:49   #196
BHPian

Well popped in at the Launch event today as it was at my office building. Saw the new colours in flesh. Decided on Zxi AGS brown, should get it delivered either this week or next. Clicked some pics in natural light.

Loved both blue and brown, but since we already have the blue zest XMA and because the brown I feel is droolworthy!

Too bad though the z+ iw 90k expensive, would have loved to get the LED headlamps and the Android Auto.
Attached Thumbnails
Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-1494958429789.jpg  

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-1494958445363.jpg  

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-1494958461080.jpg  

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-1494958475579.jpg  

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-1494958494160.jpg  

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-1494958513900.jpg  

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-1494958534953.jpg  

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-1494958552789.jpg  

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-1494958565489.jpg  

AGwagon is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 00:10   #197
Senior - BHPian

Re: Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire

The more i see of the new Dzire, the more I'm convinced the competition is dead. I mean who in the right mind would look at other cars in its class. The styling is bang on and that will probably help is outsell is predecessor which in itself will be some kind of record !!
nik_kapur is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 00:33   #198
BHPian

Everything seems good and improved over the previous version. Pricing is also very competitive.
With so much weight loss, performance also would have improved considerably.

But one thing I observed is that nowadays in most online forums & discussions, people are concerned about the new Dzire's huge weight loss and its impact on safety.
But I think there is no need to worry so much about the weight loss, because the previous Dzire was also not the safest car by any standards.
Atleast now front airbags and ABS is standard across the range.
People flock to Maruti for other reasons, and will continue to do so with this model too.
If safety is your prime concern, you always have other options.

Now,regarding the looks, If only there was an option to opt out that hideous chrome-lip surrounding the front grill!
The car would have looked so much better, with that part too finished in black or body color.
An overdose of Chrome does not always create an upmarket look and this is the perfect example of that.
If used in a tasteless way, it can actually ruin the look of an otherwise good-looking car.

I expected that atleast the base-variant would lose this ugly lip, but from the pics, it seems that even base variants get this lip outlining the grill.( though not finished in chrome, but in a silver color.)

Aspire's grill has got so much character, because Ford has not overdone it with chrome.

I feel that the front face of this new Dzire has got a really confused and funny look with this chrome-border on the grill.
Each time I see it, it reminds me of my baby nephew's face, after having his cup of milk, with milk-froth all around his lips.

I'm sure many owners would paint that lip to black color or the body color, to improve the looks of the car's front face.
VinodDevil81 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 02:13   #199
BANNED

This version of dzire will be a huge success, no doubt. But I do like to put down my subjective opinion. I feel that, instead of offering more gizmos, they could have souped up the engines. Aux-lighting and android touchscreen systems can be added without ruining warranty with a little care, if one is so desperate for them. But the engine can never be souped up considerably in a reliable manner without affecting warranty. Ultimately gizmos get trickled down to lower segment cars in the next couple of years and lose their exclusivity, but the same doesn't apply for power.
For example, I chose Figo Base 1.5D(6.17L, onroad) over Celerio VXI AMT (5.8L on road). I have added music system(crude but serves well) and aux lights(4 hella 500). I could do a 500km drive at the drop of the hat. But, had I chosen Celerio, I wouldn't have been able to power through when necessary and enjoy amazing FE. I have put 29k, fuss free KMS in the Figo in 15 months, with the FE comfortable hovering over 22kmpl.

In my perspective, narrow it might be, the new Dzire offers very little over Figo/Aspire in terms of gizmos, (apparently) better resale and (oft-contested)better service. Maruti definitely fails to justify the paucity of power, flimsy build, waiting period and premium pricing(which is bound to get exacerbated with long waiting period).
COMMUTER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 02:35   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
This version of dzire will be a huge success, no doubt. But I do like to put down my subjective opinion. I feel that, instead of offering more gizmos, they could have souped up the engines. Aux-lighting and android touchscreen systems can be added without ruining warranty with a little care, if one is so desperate for them. But the engine can never be souped up considerably in a reliable manner without affecting warranty. Ultimately gizmos get trickled down to lower segment cars in the next couple of years and lose their exclusivity, but the same doesn't apply for power.
Had they come up with a more powerful engine, the difference between Ciaz and this car would have further narrowed down. Who would buy a more expensive Ciaz when they get everything in a less expensive "Sedan" from Maruti itself ? Lesser rear seat space is something that a lot of people will overlook to save some money.
Old 17th May 2017, 02:44   #201
BHPian

Fantastic pricing especially in light of the cult status Dzire enjoys among the masses. Sales will depend on how much they can supply rather than how many people will buy. This is exactly why i said Tata should have priced Tigor aggressively. I sm sorry, it may sound harsh but only loyal Tata fans will buy a Tigor over Dzire because it is hard to justify buying a Tigor over Dzire be it with the head or heart. At least the Aspire has the draw of a powerful engine for enthusiasts.
needforspeed88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 08:06   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

The new TVC of Dzire!

Maruti Suzuki releases the accessory package for the Dzire!

New Dzire accessories include 2 standard packages and list of other exterior & interior accessories.

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-0.jpg
Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-1.jpg
Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-2.jpg
Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-3.jpg
Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-4.jpg
Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-5.jpg
Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-6.jpg

Another Review of Dzire (in Hindi)

Last edited by volkman10 : 17th May 2017 at 08:31.
Old 17th May 2017, 11:27   #203
Senior - BHPian

Overdrive has put up an initial drive review of AMT variant.

Quote:
Inside, the new-gen Dzire gets a more premium cabin that is more appealing than the previous model. This can be seen with the quality of plastics and the upholstery. The overall cabin sound insulation is much better. The refinement of the 1.2-litre K-Series engine, which has always been a refined unit, has been upped further with new tuning. The AMT unit too has been improved that we had also experienced in the Maruti Suzuki Ignis.

The intermittent time between the shifts have been reduced significantly, making the transmission smoother as well as more responsive than before. The transmission has its benefits while driving in the city as well on highways. We assume the same will be felt in the diesel AMT as well considering that Maruti Suzuki is believed to have updated the AMT software for their new-age offerings

Overall, the new Maruti Suzuki Dzire feels more premium, the engine and the AMT units has been refined further, and the NVH levels have been significantly improved. The quality, fit and finish of the plastics as well as the switchgear are similar to the Maruti Suzuki Baleno
Link
AkMar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 23:56   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

New Dzire 2017 prices, On Road Ranchi

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-dp.jpg

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-dd.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 12:24   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
New Dzire 2017 prices, On Road Ranchi
My Goodness! look at the RT+Registration rates

In 2015, for a comfortline polo petrol, I paid close to 1L as tax in Bangalore.
I know Bangalore is among the highest in terms of tax for vehicles but is there really such a huge difference?
RaghuVis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 13:20   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
In 2015, for a comfortline polo petrol, I paid close to 1L as tax in Bangalore.
I know Bangalore is among the highest in terms of tax for vehicles but is there really such a huge difference?
Proving/Justifying their tag, "Most Corrupt State".

Let's wait for electrification of all vehicles for this Road Tax Rate to come down.

That apart, I Never liked the earlier 2 Dzire's. But, this new one is very good & attractive. It ticks all the right boxes. Already a Blockbuster with 34k+ bookings.

While Petrol Manual/Petrol Automatic & Diesel Manual are good, the Diesel AMT is a bit pricey. I would rather pay additional premium of 35-50k & buy a VW Ameo DSG.

But, despite all this, the Dzire is still more expensive then Ford Aspire model to model. Who would have though that, especially considering Maruti's good pricing strategy.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th May 2017 at 16:15. Reason: 34k+ bookings
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 13:26   #207
Senior - BHPian

Few questions for our experts.
1. How much FE can I expect from Dzire Vxi in Delhi's mad traffic with 100% AC?
2. Will the FE differ between Manual and AMT variant?
3. Doing between 1000-1400km every month which makes sense, Vxi or vdi?
4. What are the service intervals?
5. How much is the normal and extended warranty?
6. When will TD starts?
7. Which is the best Maruti dealership in Faridabad?
8. Would you recommend AMT or manual variant considering 100% drive will only be done in delhi itself with no highways trips.
Thanks.

Last edited by harry10 : 18th May 2017 at 13:29.
Old 18th May 2017, 14:56   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
4. What are the service intervals?
6. When will TD starts?
7. Which is the best Maruti dealership in Faridabad?
8. Would you recommend AMT or manual variant considering 100% drive will only be done in delhi itself with no highways trips.
Thanks.
Trying to answer this as an owner of Baleno.

1. How much FE can I expect from Dzire Vxi in Delhi's mad traffic with 100% AC? Around 11-12kmpl
2. Will the FE differ between Manual and AMT variant? Not much
3. Doing between 1000-1400km every month which makes sense, Vxi or vdi? Vxi

4. What are the service intervals? 10000 kms or 1 year whichever is earlier
5. How much is the normal and extended warranty? 2years , can extend by 2 more years.

6. When will TD starts? No idea sir
7. Which is the best Maruti dealership in Faridabad? NA
8. Would you recommend AMT or manual variant considering 100% drive will only be done in delhi itself with no highways trips : AMT ofcourse.

Last edited by silverado : 18th May 2017 at 15:01.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 15:23   #209
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not going to be able to answer your questions, but I do have a recommendation that you should also look at the Baleno Delta. At 30k less than the Dzire VXI, you get more features like ACC, reverse parking sensors etc. The extra space being a bonus. Actually, the features in the equivalent models of the Baleno and Dzire are almost neck to neck, except for the VXI/VDI Dzire and the Delta Baleno, where the Baleno is better equipped and cheaper.

So unless, you specifically need a sedan or want more boot space, the Baleno would make for a good choice.

Last edited by AYP : 18th May 2017 at 15:25.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 15:45   #210
BHPian

Quote:
My 2014 VXi gives me 15-16 km/l when I take it to office daily (46km round trip). However, this is a mix of bumper-to-bumper and free-flowing Hyderabad traffic. If you drive in more in b2b, expect the FE to come down to 12 or 13.

Quote:
If you are a newbie driver, AMT gives you better FE and a smoother ride. OTOH, if you have been driving since years and can row through your own gears, the manual one gives you more.

Quote:
This is the mistake most of the people do. Even I did the same calculation when I bought my vehicle back in 2014. Gone are the days when you make petrol vs diesel decision based just on economics.

As they both drive differently, my suggestion to you is to test drive both and buy the one that you like to drive (pick between the silent and refined petrol or the noisy-yet-torquey-and-fuel-efficient diesel) and the one that your family likes to travel in (passengers prefer to travel in cars which are silent). Either way, you won't go bankrupt

Quote:
2yrs is the standard, I guess. You can get it extended upto 4.
vikred is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks