Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2017, 18:24   #16
BHPian

Re: Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Did you also notice tweeters mounted on the A pillars? Or is it just a 4 speaker configuration?
I don't think there are tweeters on the A pillars.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...i-dzire-16.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th April 2017 at 21:27. Reason: Image breaking page bounds. Inserting link. + Quoted post edited.
Old 28th April 2017, 18:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
I don't think there are tweeters on the A pillars.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...i-dzire-16.jpg
My bad. I didn't mean the A pillars but the inside of panels where ORVMs are mounted.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th April 2017 at 21:27. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 28th April 2017, 18:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My bad. I didn't mean the A pillars but the inside of panels where ORVMs are mounted.
I think they are there. It is mounted directly opposite the OVRM but on the inside.
Old 28th April 2017, 19:05   #19
BANNED

Almost all the aspect covered in first post by Dzired, I found a link at overdrive site for difference between old and new Dzire. (http://overdrive.in/features/differe...-maruti-dzire/)

The current Dzire is on sale for 5.23L ex-delhi and new is expected for 5.50L. Not a big difference and reasonable for a new generation vehicle.
Old 28th April 2017, 19:50   #20
BHPian

First looks..... some one brought back the Amby to life, and boy, have they done a good job!!? I am mighty impressed with the front part. Sadly, I cant say the same for the back.
But the reasons are obvious -- clearly the 4 meter limit has played spoil sport with both design and safety.
Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-12.jpg

To quote D J Trump - SAD!!
Old 28th April 2017, 20:17   #21
BHPian

Dear Maruti Suzuki,
You have done a commendable job in terms of design with this generation of dZire considering the limitations sub-4m dimension brings with it and your previous iteration of it. BUT, even while ignoring the quirks of faux wood panels, it is really very disappointing to see the new all beige interior. This interior scheme is disastrous, to say the least, in Indian road conditions. Coming from a manufacturer who knows Indian car buyer's pulse like nobody else, this is shocking. If you haven't commenced production at full scale, please revisit your interior colour scheme or please add an all black one as an option ex-factory.
Old 28th April 2017, 20:18   #22
BANNED

The "image problem" with the first 2 gen DZires was that even though the Swift was one of the "premium" hatches, its sedan version became one of the "cheapest" sedans in the market. With this new iteration and the probable 50-70 hike, Maruti is going to "address" that issue. (How the rice hike will affect the sales, is another question.)

Now, recompiling some of the earlier comments, how can Maruti keep the 2 models - Swift and DZire - true to its image?

Swift has a "sporty" image attached to it. A sedan is usually not a "sporty" one, but has the "family" tag attached to it. So, the "Swift" model can span from a hatch to an SUV. DZire can be the "family" model. A sub-4m sedan, a +4m version, and an "MUV"ish version of the current DZire as "Tour" to compensate for the first gen Tour and Ritz together (enough luggage capacity, and small enough for city usage).

Swift - the sporty hatch:
Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-newswift2017vsoldswift20132e1483615097669.jpg

A Swift SUV:
Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-2010suzukiswiftsideviewstatic_4_0.jpg

The sub-4m DZire:
Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-2017-dzire-side_1_1.jpg

A 4.25m "Grand" DZire:
Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-2017-dzire-side_1_1_1.jpg

A DZire "MUV" version to replace DZire Tour:
Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-marutisuzukiswiftdzireleftside69776_2.jpg

Last edited by romeomidhun : 28th April 2017 at 20:24.
romeomidhun is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 20:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

Wow !! this looks very very nice. I some how didn't like the old gen dzire. This looks very premium.

- If they bring in the same interiors on the Ertiga - all other similarly priced MUVs would just have to shut shop and go home.
scopriobharath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 21:05   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
But the reasons are obvious -- clearly the 4 meter limit has played spoil sport with both design and safety.

To quote D J Trump - SAD!!
Sorry, but how is the safety compromised here, please explain more.

And to quote *My* President - Shri Pranab Mukharjee - "I am comfortable at the height where destiny has put me."
DCEite is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 21:08   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

If I were 30 years younger just starting out buying my first car I would be proud as hell having this as my first car. And I suspect there are lakhs of fellow Indians out there who will spend their carefully saved hard earned money and beaming with pride drive this cute car out of the show room. Maruti have a sixer on their hands here - looks good, rear interface looks miles better than the earlier generation, interiors are rather nice for the price point, more space, more premium looks and feel. Lovely.

dZired, it was clearly your desire to write this thread. Rated a fulsome 5.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 28th April 2017 at 21:13.
V.Narayan is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 21:13   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Checked out the New Dzire in detail at my MASS today. It was the ZXi+ variant in Deep Metallic Maroon shade, and was there for service training. While they requested me not to click pictures, I was allowed to checkout the car in detail.

Things which I noticed

-It was from the pre production batches, and had MRF ZVTV in 185/65R15 size.

-The car had LED projector lamps, and the illumination was quite good(better than the S Cross)

-Paint quality is as good as the NEXA cars.

-The alloy looks smashing in real life

-Rear suspension is stiff. There were four guys in the rear seats at one point of time, but the rear didn't sag at all. Compared to the old Dzire, there is definitely an improvement.

-The ill fitted central console which is highlighted in many reviews was properly installed in this car.

-NVH is definitely improved compared to the Old Dzire.

-The stance is definitely much better than the old Dzire, and it also looks premium from the outside, specially because of the alloys. It's not as balanced looking as say the Aspire, but is surely much better designed than the outgoing Dzire.

-Sheet metal didn't flex as much as the Baleno. Also the doors felt substantially heavier.

-The rear seats are placed extremely low, and it can be a deal breaker for some. It reminded me of the Hyundai Verna.

-The excessive use of wood finish looks tacky, and wasn't to my taste. Looks aftermarket addition, rather than OEM.

-Front seats are better than the outgoing Dzire, and do offer excellent support.

-Rear bumper is non-existent.

-The Petrol engine felt as if it had a bit more grunt, probably due to lower weight and the ride was stiffer than the outgoing Dzire at lower speeds. But at higher speeds, it rides flat. Much better than the Baleno.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 22:13   #27
Senior - BHPian

It really looks like they mean business this time around don't they? Except for that ill-fitting rear AC vent which is a shame.

The Dzire is probably the strongest model in MSIL lineup as of now. Alto is still #1 but it has lost a lot of volume to the newer players. Dzire on the other hand is still very strong as a package even though it is just a jack of all trades as a car and not very strong in any area except for having the S badge and its associated perks of sales, service and resale. (not discounting its importance in our market by any means!).

MSIL didn't bother to change even the rear door for the first generation Dzire, its got one of the most awkward doors and shut lines that I have seen on any sedan. The next Swift was a bit more sedan friendly, so the current Dzire looks relatively better. And its not like the segment it falls into is loaded with beautiful cars either, except for the Tigor maybe.

And to put so much effort into it unlike before (changing from the A pillar onwards rather than slapping just a boot on) shows how much they care about the stellar success of this compact sedan. They even moved the successful Ciaz to Nexa for this one.

The competitors will be very worried for sure!
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 22:36   #28
BHPian

Excellent preview! The exteriors no longer ugly, though the interiors still disappoint. I have no doubt that this is going to be yet another best seller from Maruti. It ticks most of the boxes that the mass market needs.

Looks like Maruti is on a weight reduction spree! 105 kgs is almost 10% of the weight of the previous generation! This makes me nervous, irrespective of whatever 'high tensile' steel that they're using. The 1st generation Dzire felt relatively solid in comparison.

In one of the pics, I thought that I saw rear discs, but then, I was actually seeing the ground on the other side . The rotors (both front and rear, but especially the rear) seem to have really shrunk to negligible proportions, just like in the Baleno, with all that weight loss

Last edited by PearlJam : 28th April 2017 at 22:40.
PearlJam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 22:56   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, but how is the safety compromised here, please explain more.
I was referring to the rear bumper, which is non-existent. Looks like the boot door will take a hit before the bumper does. Not clear about the front part though, from the pictures. I wonder how close they have placed the radiator from the grille.
Old 28th April 2017, 23:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

You could call it "A Street Car named Dzire"!! Wonderful first look and stunning images, Dzired!
Durango Dude is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed