Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2017, 10:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire

This version of the Dzire clicks all the right boxes. While the beige seats and the faux wood inserts appear a bit loud, the car as a whole has a premium feel. What is of interest is the effect of weight reduction on fuel efficiency, especially in the diesel variants. The 1.2 ltr petrol engine too will be an outright performer now.

A few areas that Maruti could have done better in are the unclad and hinged boot, door and window knobs/switches and tyre size.

Also, I personally feel that they could have marketed this as a whole new sedan, instead of clinging on to the Dzire nomenclature.

The multitudes of Altos available in the market is closely followed by at least five different types of Dzires.

OT: Keep watching the MGP parts thread started by Leoshashi. You will certainly see multipe requests to post details of the steering wheel of the new Dzire . It is an absolutely droolworthy piece of equipment.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 11:39   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Also, I personally feel that they could have marketed this as a whole new sedan, instead of clinging on to the Dzire nomenclature.

The multitudes of Altos available in the market is closely followed by at least five different types of Dzires.
Indeed! With the design changes they've made, they could have very well marketed this car as a new sedan altogether. This would have also helped them price it higher than the Dzire. They probably wanted to cash in on the goodwill of the Dzire and it's robust market value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
I was referring to the rear bumper, which is non-existent. Looks like the boot door will take a hit before the bumper does. Not clear about the front part though, from the pictures. I wonder how close they have placed the radiator from the grille.
That'd be a nightmare. I'd like to think of us in majority as careful drivers who usually get rear ended because of other callous drivers who are either on their cellphones or not looking at the road at all (yes, that happened with me. Mother of two was more busy paying attention to her kids at the back). If this is the case, the only alternative would be to get a bull guard at the back and spoil the look of the car.

Last edited by sibot : 29th April 2017 at 11:42.
Old 29th April 2017, 14:58   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
I was referring to the rear bumper, which is non-existent. Looks like the boot door will take a hit before the bumper does. Not clear about the front part though, from the pictures. I wonder how close they have placed the radiator from the grille.
//Sarcasm//

Don't worry, our local accessory guys have just the right thing ready for this. A steel bar bolted to the rear end. Some call it a bull bar. It is a necessary protection on our roads. Might be available right at the dealership too.

Old 29th April 2017, 16:04   #34
BHPian

To me Dzire still looks Un-Desirable. Boot from side view looks not too good and front side view reminds me of Fiat Padmini.

Steering looks cheap rather than classy, no matter how many comparisons we do with luxury vehicles.
heydj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 16:41   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
Steering looks cheap rather than classy, no matter how many comparisons we do with luxury vehicles.
but a look at price tag may clarify better.
For those, there are German products available in the market. Pay the premium (both on purchase & service) and enjoy the luxury.
IN-RJ is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 18:06   #36
BHPian

All looks good but the fuel and temperature gauges are conspicuous by their absence.

They should have been retained like they are in Baleno.

Last edited by GTO : 1st May 2017 at 09:22. Reason: Typo
Old 29th April 2017, 18:26   #37
BANNED

Fantastic Preview, with the typical Team Bhp detail !!

The car itself is definitely moving up its game, half a segment higher easily. It basically fixes Dzire's every shortcoming.

-Better looking
-More space in the back
-More space in the boot
-New and improved interior design with more features
-More engine and transmission combinations and variants with safety as standard.

Unless Maruti goes all out to price it ridiculously they have a sure shot winner in their hands (and to its credit, they are having a winner even if they price it wrong).

A useful tip to anybody looking to get this before Diwali, run to your Maruti dealer now!! It will be a long wait. Haha

Last edited by GTO : 1st May 2017 at 08:15. Reason: Typo
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 19:10   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki officially announces the opening of bookings for the NEW Dzire!

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-1.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 19:57   #39
Senior - BHPian

Is it just me, or is the front looking a lot like the Aspire !!!

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-fordfigoaspire01-1.jpg

Looks like an inverted Aspire grill
samaspire is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 20:14   #40
BHPian

Fantastic quote. Value is all about benefits subtracted by costs. The Dzire is and always has been a superb value for money package which is why it even outsold the Alto at one point in time. The new Dzire gets bigger boot, better seats in the rear and class leading looks. Add to this ABS and airbags across models.

In the top end Zxi+ and Zdi+ versions at-least, they could have provided cruise control. Plus the 90 bhp ciaz engine in the zdi+ would have been game changing

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-RJ View Post
For those, there are German products available in the market. Pay the premium (both on purchase & service) and enjoy the luxury.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 20:42   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
You could call it "A Street Car named Dzire"!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Resemblance or not, once it hits the market, the Aspires, Tigors, Xcents, Ameos and Amazes of the CS world will certainly Look Back in Anger at this StreetCar named Dzire!
dailydriver is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 20:50   #42
Senior - BHPian

I must admit that I have no interest in this CS segment whatsoever but still couldn't help myself from praising the Dzire. MSIL has surely rectified almost all the shortcomings.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 20:56   #43
BHPian

I have had couple of Wagon R and now have an S Cross. Maruti's service is anything but cost effective. In fact, very expensive for quality on offer and scale of market they have. I have opted for long term AMC to prevent sticker shocks later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-RJ View Post
Aspire is clearly much better and coherent design, IMPO. New dzire will might not look as good in flesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post

Attachment 1634288

Looks like an inverted Aspire grill

Last edited by Eddy : 29th April 2017 at 23:29. Reason: Merged
5kmiles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 21:47   #44
Senior - BHPian

The new Dzire does seem to remind me of the Ciaz in some angles, especially the rear. Widening should make it a proper 5 seater. We had the previous generation for 3 days and seating 3 not so heavy adults was a squeeze.

Another good thing is, it makes the boot on par with the competition. Once this is launched, Aspire's 359L would be the lowest boot capacity among compact sedans, which is already pretty decent for a week long trip with family.

It would be nice to have an all-black interior, at least as an option.

Last edited by GTO : 1st May 2017 at 09:23. Reason: Typos
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 22:42   #45
Senior - BHPian

What prevents Suzuki from designing new power window switches?

The car looks great from inside-out, but Maruti is playing it safe. There's no WOW to it. (Just my initial impressions)

About these ill fitting panels- I think Maruti should really focus on getting it right in the first attempt. Honda and Toyota had niggles with the initial batches of the City and Innova. I hope there isn't a trend of Japanese manufacturers cut costs and not delivering properly assembled cars.

Great preview there! Rating it 5 stars.
landcruiser123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed