Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2017, 19:49   #271
OSH
BHPian

Re: Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Help please !!
If the difference in features are only the ones you have mentioned and the car is for your wife, go ahead with her choice, the Vxi. Upgrading from a small hatchback, the only things that she will miss are the parking sensors and maybe the fog-lamps, if headlights are really poor.

The way she is looking at the variant and savings is justified, she does not see the extra features of any use to her and that's why she does not want you to spend extra.

Anyways, the parking sensors and fog-lamps will be available as accessories, you can go ahead and fit them from your dealer. Maruti Suzuki sells parts across the counter, talk to your dealer. Really good parking sensors of Autocop cost approx 5000 and fogs should also cost somewhat the same.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 20:03   #272
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The car would be driven by her to office on most days.
This is your primary requirement. So it doesn't make sense buying the manual, just because you can get the ZXi instead of the VXi and still save some money. Penny wise, but pound ?

Stick to the AMT variants, would be by suggestion.
Quote:
She is thinking of saving money, but this one is going to be a long term investment
This is your second main requirement IMO. So saving a bit now would again be penny wise only. Over the long term, the ZXi will certainly remain more relevant and up to date.

Features like reverse parking sensors, retractable ORVMs, automatic climate control etc makes life a lot easier, while alloys wheels might just help keep the upgrade itch from hitting you for a longer period.

I would have picked the ZXi AMT if I were in your position.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 20:21   #273
Oxy
BHPian

The VXI (AMT) it is then. Thanks a ton OSH and CrAzY dRiVeR.
Old 30th May 2017, 20:24   #274
BANNED

Quote:
I am in a bit of a dilemma regarding which variant to book. We are upgrading from a Chevy Spark. Wife says she wants an AMT. We have zero experience of that so I prefer the manual.

She also says the ZXI features are not worth the extra cash compared to the VXI, whereas I think we get pretty good equipment for the money, which are:
Since she is the one who will be driving it the most days, I would suggest going for the AMT(whichever variant you decide later).

As for the variant, I think it matters a lot how long you will keep the car for. If it's only 2-3 years, then yes go for the VXI definitely, but if closer to 5 years do try to extend your budget to ZXI, the features will actually make a nice difference in day to to day usage, especially the folding mirrors, defogger etc. Alloys won't make a difference and in fact I would suggest 195 section tyres irrespective of the variant you choose.
If you'll be buying it on a loan, the EMI difference variant won't be as large as the whole price you see, so it would be easier and worth it if you'll be living with the car for a longer time.
Just think of the time you'll be spending everyday looking for the car keys (a nightmare in ladies purses) and then folding out the mirrors and then driving out. The convenience is definitely nice to have, as long as you have the budget for it.

And as for the GM thing, you don't need to sell your car if you don't have any mechanical issues with it. Even the spares would be available for a long time. I have a Spark too and intend to keep it running. Don't think of it as if you need to sell your car as if it's a now or never thing. You could keep the car for a few more months and it could possibly even help you to save for the ZXI version. Just a suggestion
Old 30th May 2017, 20:48   #275
BHPian

Quote:
I am in a bit of a dilemma regarding which variant to book. We are upgrading from a Chevy Spark. Wife says she wants an AMT. We have zero experience of that so I prefer the manual.

She also says the ZXI features are not worth the extra cash compared to the VXI, whereas I think we get pretty good equipment for the money, which are:

1. Alloy wheels (no prior sedan driving experience so I think larger wheels would help).
2. Reverse Parking Sensors (I feel it is needed for a larger car like this).
3. Front fog lamps.
4. Rear defogger.
5. Tweeters for enhanced audio experience.
6. Engine push start stop button.
7. Automatic climate control.
8. Electrically retractable ORVMs.
9. Driver side auto up power window.
10. Pinch guard power window for the driver.

I understand we have suffered GM's decision to wind up and this is a sudden unexpected expense for us so she is thinking of saving money, but this one is going to be a long term investment so I somehow think it would be worth it.

The VXI AMT (wife's choice) is Rs. 8.33 lakhs OTR in Bangalore while the ZXI AMT is Rs. 9.15 lakhs.

I would love the ZXI manual, which is Rs. 8.57 lakhs. The car would be driven by her to office on most days.

Help please !!

Having driven the Swift Dzire (purchased in July last year) for 12,000 kms, I am pretty satisfied with its performance. Most of my driving as been within the city limits of Kolkata, apart from drives to Durgapur, Shantineketan and Vizaq. Driving within city limits is a breeze specially in perpetual 'stop go' conditions. Due to this, stress levels are also low as one does not tend to get irritated and upset (comfort level is inversely proportional to irritation).

Yes, the 'head nod' effect is there on hard acceleration, but with time one gets used to it (one disadvantage can be tolerated over a major advantage called convenience and easy to drive).

I just have two complaints about the car
1. The paint layer is very thin - minor scratches have cropped up.
2. The dashboard display - while driving under elevated metro stations / tunnels during the day time, the entire dashboard is black (none of the information dials can be read) apart from four red needles (tacho needle, speedo needle, fuel gauge needle and engine temp needle). I find this very irritating and in suck conditions am forced to switch on the parking lights (the light up the dash board display). I hope the same is not carried forward in the Dzire 2017.
ALTIMAed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 21:53   #276
BHPian

Quote:
The VXI (AMT) it is then. Thanks a ton OSH and CrAzY dRiVeR.
Hi, I would also suggest to take a look at the Baleno CVT Delta once before finalizing on the Dzire.
y2ksrs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2017, 13:20   #277
BHPian

Dear Friends,

This is my first post, so thank you moderators for welcoming me as the new Team-BHPian!

Coming to this post, I went with my wife to have a look at the new Dzire. While I agree that the rear seat space has increased, I and my wife felt that the rear door looked smaller than other 4m cars in the segment, for example the Xcent that I currently own. Elderly will really be having problems in venturing in.
Old 3rd June 2017, 16:45   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The VXI AMT (wife's choice) is Rs. 8.33 lakhs OTR in Bangalore while the ZXI AMT is Rs. 9.15 lakhs.

I would love the ZXI manual, which is Rs. 8.57 lakhs. The car would be driven by her to office on most days.

Help please !!
If i were you,and the car is for the wife, I would have gone with the wife's choice. Why?
1) She will be driving it predominantly and would save myself the nagging if she is made to drive a manual against her wishes.
2) Well, she is gonna drive it. Right? Hence, her choice prevails.
3) Wife is always right!!!!!

However, to be honest, ZXI manual makes most sense.
Old 4th June 2017, 01:08   #279
BHPian

There is not much difference in the safety features between Vxi and Zxi with both getting ABS, Airbags and ISOFIX - infact Lxi gets all of these as well

The real differentiators between Vxi and Zxi are:
  1. alloy wheels
  2. Tyre size 185/65 vs. 165/80
  3. reverse parking sensors
  4. front fong lamps and rear defogger
  5. automatic climate control
While Zxi makes better sense from the 'head', one should go with what the 'heart' of the driver of the car says and therefore go for Vxi AMT that your wife wants.
Of the critical differences 1-5 above, 1-4 can be easily fitted and a good reverse camera setup without voiding warranty can be done at MASS itself for 15-20K. NO worries and you can get a better reverse camera setup than the reverse sensors of the Zxi.

Go for the Vxi AMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
If i were you,and the car is for the wife, I would have gone with the wife's choice. Why?
1) She will be driving it predominantly and would save myself the nagging if she is made to drive a manual against her wishes.
2) Well, she is gonna drive it. Right? Hence, her choice prevails.
3) Wife is always right!!!!!

However, to be honest, ZXI manual makes most sense.

Last edited by bhpfaninblr : 4th June 2017 at 01:12. Reason: typo: 165/80 in lower trim
bhpfaninblr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 02:19   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
[*]Tyre size 185/65 vs. 165/80
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Isn't it tyre size in the lower trim 165/80?
The lower variants get 165/80 R14 tyres, whereas the Top Variants get 185/65R15.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 07:18   #281
MCR
BHPian

I have a few questions on the New Dzire;

1. Has anyone driven the Petrol AGS variant? How is the shift quality? Is it seamless in traffic? I have heard that the shift quality is seamless at highway speeds and the AGS is quiet responsive to throttle inputs.

2. How is the NVH performance with the DDIS engine? Is the familiar clatter still present?

3. Some online reviews point towards wind noise at speeds of around 100 KMPH. Can this be suppressed by increasing the volume of the infotainment system?

4. What about the ride and handling? Is it good?
Old 8th June 2017, 08:57   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post

1. Has anyone driven the Petrol AGS variant? How is the shift quality? Is it seamless in traffic? I have heard that the shift quality is seamless at highway speeds and the AGS is quiet responsive to throttle inputs.
Drove the petrol AMT a couple of weeks ago. The shift quality is decent. Not great, but not bad either. Yes there is a very slight jerk during upshifts, especially during 1 to 2 and 2 to 3, but not too bad. If you have driven a Celerio, you would find that the shift quality of the Dzire is way better than that. Did not notice any judder during stop and go traffic. One caveat though, AMTs should not be judged for their qualities when the car is new - the car that I test drove was an absolutely brand new car with just 60 km on the odo. It's only when the car ages do the inherent drawbacks of AMT come to fore. Since the 1.2 K series engine + AMT combo is fairly new, there haven't really been any mid to long term reviews yet to ascertain of any problems in the shift quality.

Also, I found the AMT to respond better than the manual off the line. The brakes on the AMT was also better than the manual as I found it had better bite. May be a personal opinion, I found the AMT in manual mode was lot more fun to drive than the manual car.
y2ksrs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 11:28   #283
MCR
BHPian

Quote:

Here is what Autocar India had to say. Its not comprehensive though.

Quote:
The petrol AMT is eager to shift up and the transition between gears is noticeable with a bit of head nod. It isn’t seamless like torque converters or continuously variable transmissions. There’s also the option to manually shift gears using the Tiptronic mode
Link to the write-up : http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...-404911,2.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
One caveat though, AMTs should not be judged for their qualities when the car is new - the car that I test drove was an absolutely brand new car with just 60 km on the odo. It's only when the car ages do the inherent drawbacks of AMT come to fore. Since the 1.2 K series engine + AMT combo is fairly new, there haven't really been any mid to long term reviews yet to ascertain of any problems in the shift quality.

Also, I found the AMT to respond better than the manual off the line. The brakes on the AMT was also better than the manual as I found it had better bite. May be a personal opinion, I found the AMT in manual mode was lot more fun to drive than the manual car.
I was talking about shift quality only and not really reliability of the AMT unit. Though I know that AMT cannot match the likes of Torque Convertor or CVT units, I expected that the so called 'head nod' effect would have got reduced. Its just that the rev matching needs to be exactly spot-on for the seamless shifts.
Old 8th June 2017, 12:54   #284
BHPian

Quote:
I expected that the so called 'head nod' effect would have got reduced.
Yes, it is reduced when compared to other petrol AMT cars out there. Reduced, but still there to a level where it is perceptible. My reference to the aging is not on reliability but on the judder and the 'head nod' effect. When new, these are very much on the lower side, but these effects seem to increase as the car ages.
Old 8th June 2017, 17:01   #285
BHPian

Dzire vs Baleno

Seeing this doubt (Baleno vs Dzire) with many people both in my friend circle and here, thought it might be worth making a comprehensive post about it.

For simplicity, and knowing personal tastes, I have considered the cars equal on the below fronts.

1. Drivability(where transmission is same)
2. Power(where engine is same)
3. Interior quality (Arguable, but considered as same brand and segment)
4. Build quality (Arguable, but considered as same brand and segment)
5. Shape, Design etc which are personal choices

Quote:
In terms of automatic transmission, Baleno get CVT transmission, whereas Dzire get AMT. As per reports, CVT is significantly smoother than AMT, though mileage may be lesser. The combination is combined with manual variants for the next variant comparison
Rest of the variants such as Dzire ZXI+ AGS, Dzire diesel automatics, Baleno RS don't have competition from the opposite camp, so if you are looking at those variants, there is anyways no doubt.

Please note, this list has been made for assistance only. Human errors are bound to creep up, and I surely welcome inputs other members have.

Firstly lets take the prices. Below are ex-showroom of both. Grey denotes no competing model.
Name:  Screen Shot 20170608 at 3.37.25 PM.png
Views: 10514
Size:  156.2 KB

Now lets take it variant by variant.

1. Dzire LXI/LDI vs Baleno Sigma Petrol/Diesel
Price difference: -16720 (Petrol), -54(Diesel)

+ves for Dzire
  1. Door Outer Weather Strip(Black)
+ves for Baleno
  1. Body coloured outside handles+ORVM
  2. Dual Horn
  3. Central Locking
  4. Rear accessory socket
  5. Front seat adjustable headrests
  6. Front Power Windows
  7. Anti Theft security system

2. Dzire VXI/VDI vs Baleno Delta Petrol/Diesel
Price difference: -30271(Petrol), -17958(Diesel)

+ves for Dzire
  1. Door Outer Weather Strip(Black)
  2. Wood ornamentation
  3. Front armrest
  4. Rear AC vent
  5. Rear Armrest
  6. Height adjustable driver seat
  7. Luggage room lamp

+ves for Baleno
  1. Pinch guard Power window
  2. Reverse parking sensor
  3. Rear wiper, washer and defogger
  4. Auto up Driver side Power Window
  5. Automatic Climate Control
  6. Rear seat adjustable headrest
  7. Electrically foldable outside mirror

Dzire Vxi AGS vs Baleno Delta Auto
Price Difference: 28692

Feature difference is same as above.

Dzire ZXI/ZDI/ZXI AGS vs Baleno Zeta/Zeta Auto
Price difference: -45778(Petrol), -32725(Diesel), 13719(Auto)

+ves for Dzire
  1. Chrome outer weather strip
  2. Wood ornamentation
  3. Rear Armrest
  4. Rear AC Vents

+ves for Baleno
  1. UV cut glass
  2. Follow me home headlamp
  3. Front Footwell illumination
  4. Rear wiper, washer and defogger
  5. Multi colour graphic MID
  6. Telescopic steering
  7. Rear seat adjustable headrest

Comment about difference in Auto can be read above.

Dzire ZXI+/ZDI+ vs Baleno Alpha
Price Difference: -64206(Petrol),-50284(Diesel)

+ves for Dzire
  1. Chrome outer weather strip
  2. Wood ornamentation
  3. Rear Armrest
  4. Precision cut alloy wheels
  5. Rear AC vents

+ves for Baleno
  1. Chrome outside handles
  2. Multi colour graphic MID
  3. UV cut glass
  4. Rear seat adjustable headrest

Last edited by autorahul : 8th June 2017 at 17:06.
autorahul is offline   (18) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks