Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2017, 19:15   #316
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
And the dealers in Noida/Ghaziabad are claiming that they haven't received clearance from RTO yet, thats why not a single car has been delivered till date.
I strongly believe this is the reason. Maruti is sending new steering assembly units to the dealers. Also, I have heard that other affected cars are not shipped from plant. Dzire shipments should have been higher than 9k plus units for sure.
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 00:38   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I strongly believe this is the reason. Maruti is sending new steering assembly units to the dealers. Also, I have heard that other affected cars are not shipped from plant. Dzire shipments should have been higher than 9k plus units for sure.
This is absolutely shocking!! Maruti should do all replacements in the factory itself and should not be sending the steering assemblies to dealers. I really hope my car is still in the plant and not with the local dealer tearing it apart. When I pay the full price I expect a factory assembled car. No wonder the dealer told me that they have got delivery of only 1 Dzire in the previous lot. And the same dealer got their test drive vehicles a month after the launch!!! And their excuses were changing like pending registration, RTO problems and finally damaged in transit. I definitely had a feeling something was not quite right.
Djay is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 10:29   #318
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay View Post
This is absolutely shocking!! Maruti should do all replacements in the factory itself and should not be sending the steering assemblies to dealers. I really hope my car is still in the plant and not with the local dealer tearing it apart. When I pay the full price I expect a factory assembled car. No wonder the dealer told me that they have got delivery of only 1 Dzire in the previous lot
Going by the subsequent replies, it seems like the news from Dr. Naren is true.

If I were you, I'd inspect my car very very carefully. Replacing the steering rack involves taking the dashboard apart. You'll see marks on screw heads if the dashboard has been taken out. Mind you, it is very very difficult to have a rattle free dashboard in a Maruti after it has been taken out and refitted.
moralfibre is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 12:44   #319
BHPian

I am yet to do my booking and will wait till this is sorted out. It's 12-16 weeks ETA after the booking and with this issue popping up it will get delayed more hope they sort out all and give trouble free experience to the customers.
Old 14th June 2017, 14:06   #320
Senior - BHPian

This is interesting. Lets hope there are no more niggles. MSIL spent considerable amount of time in development of this car including the use of new HeartAct platform shared with Baleno.

Certainly any reassembly carried out at dealer end may add troubles to owners in due course of time as factory precision cannot be achieved at dealer level.

Can someone with more knowledge about this development share the root cause of this decision made by Maruti after dispatch? This reflects badly on QA QC.
Old 14th June 2017, 23:46   #321
BHPian

Was wondering if there is any way to check when the dealer received the vehicle or when the vehicle was dispatched from the factory. I am sure there are documents like delivery note and excise invoice in place, but can those be demanded from the dealer? Has anyone on the forum asked / verified these documents from the dealer before? I would rather wait for another car then accept a car with major replacements by the dealer. The only question is how do I find out if physical inspection doesn't reveal anything.
Old 15th June 2017, 02:40   #322
BHPian

Quote:
The only question is how do I find out if physical inspection doesn't reveal anything.
Why not be on the safer side and delay your purchase for a couple of months?
That would be the more simpler and safest option if you really want to be sure that it is not an affected car.

As you said, if physical inspection doesn't give any clue of re-assembly, then it is all the more difficult to ask the dealer for any such so called delivery notes or excise invoice that you have mentioned.

Because when there is no visible evidence on the car to prove your point, why should they bother to convince you?

Even otherwise also, I don't think they will oblige.
That is, even if you show them some evidence of re-assembly, chances are very less that the dealer will straightway present you those documents on demand.

Even with those documents, how can you prove that it is an affected car when MSIL itself has not officially acknowledged the issue and revealed which lot/VIN numbers are affected?

Rather than going through through all those head-aches, won't it be sensible to wait for a month or two?

Since you know about this issue,even if you get an unaffected car, atleast during the first few months of ownership, the slightest rattle from the dashboard would make you feel that your car was indeed an affected one.

It is just a psychological aspect because if you were unaware of this issue, you would just dismiss that rattle as the typical MSIL rattle.

So be on the safer side and have peace of mind. Just my 2 cents.
VinodDevil81 is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 17:19   #323
BHPian

'News 18' highlighted this on their site:

Quote:
According to a report published in Team-BHP, Maruti Suzuki is silently replacing the steering assembly of the newly launched 2017 Dzire compact sedan. The electric steering assembly on the new Dzire are being replaced for all the cars sold till now.
Link:

http://www.news18.com/news/auto/2017...e-1435003.html
Nempuguru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 17:48   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Was wondering if there is any way to check when the dealer received the vehicle or when the vehicle was dispatched from the factory. I am sure there are documents like delivery note and excise invoice in place, but can those be demanded from the dealer? Has anyone on the forum asked / verified these documents from the dealer before? I would rather wait for another car then accept a car with major replacements by the dealer. The only question is how do I find out if physical inspection doesn't reveal anything.
Yes you can ask for the Certificate which mentions when the car was manufactured, you can always do this during a PDI and check when was your car manufactured. Also a VIN number will be helpful during this.
June - July manufactured cars should be good to go.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 01:44   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Yes you can ask for the Certificate which mentions when the car was manufactured, you can always do this during a PDI and check when was your car manufactured. Also a VIN number will be helpful during this.
June - July manufactured cars should be good to go.
Thanks for the information! Even I think the problem would be corrected by June if it was identified in May. But nothing can be confirmed since Maruti is keeping mum.

Meanwhile I got a mail from the dealer saying that the waiting period for my AGS car (booked on the day of launch) has got extended from 4-5 weeks to 7-8 weeks . The reason given was unprecedented demand and blah-blah. The real reason definitely seems to be this steering assembly replacement. I won't mind the delay as long as my car is from the corrected production batch.
Old 19th June 2017, 07:45   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

I still think Oxford Blue looks the best on the new DZire, followed by Red.
That's true for most contemporary designs. For most, white doesn't look a patch on the brighter color counter parts. I picked Brown S-Cross and likely to pick a blue or red as next one. White looks alright on the timeless design of Skoda and Volkswagen or butch ones like XUV (that's a bit too off white, though) and Fortuners of the world. In that class, I guess all colors look great

On a side note, Tigor is full 180kg heavier than Dzire - that's like A4 vs chart paper kind of comparison on sheet metal. I had dinged my S-cross and there were large # of Balenos in the body shop - clearly the largest lot at that time besides Dzire. It gets dinged and bent and crushed in a jiffy on any impact. Dzie is no different. I have a 125k done Manza - every part feels rock solid, no damage to doors other than minor scratches, no rattles from anywhere - dashboards, doors, chassis (except minor sounds from suspension over bad roads). It moves slower than dzires of today and takes 15+ seconds to a ton but will I pick another Tigor over Dzire - hell, yeah...!!! Unless I get stuck over automatic.
5kmiles is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 09:36   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I am supposed to take delivery of my ZDI AGS Dzire tomorrow. I did check it with a service centre GM as well as my showroom in Delhi. Both of them were not aware of any such issues. I think it is still a rumour
Old 20th June 2017, 09:45   #328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
I am supposed to take delivery of my ZDI AGS Dzire tomorrow. I did check it with a service centre GM as well as my showroom in Delhi. Both of them were not aware of any such issues. I think it is still a rumour
I don't think all the cars are affected. It should be from a particular batch. The news is doing rounds for more than a week now. If it was just a rumour, I am sure Maruti Suzuki would have come up with some statement. Surprising to see Maruti being quiet here.
Old 20th June 2017, 09:49   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Which colour have you booked and when did you book it? Whats the OTR price you are paying? I think this is a good time to take delivery considering there are rumours that dzire may see a price increase post GST implementation next month.
Additionally I am not sure if the sales of dzire are witnessing the same increasing trend as Brezza. Being a new car and all new platform either people have lost their interest Dzire being an old name or there is something happening that dzire sales are not ticking. I am of this view because I went with my cousin to Maruti showroom and SA said the waiting on new Dzire is around 16-17 weeks while its 21 weeks on Brezza even after an year of launch.
SpoiledBratt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 14:52   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
Which colour have you booked and when did you book it? Whats the OTR price you are paying? I think this is a good time to take delivery considering there are rumours that dzire may see a price increase post GST implementation next month.
Taking a ZDI Silver AGS. Costs around 9.7 on road Delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
Additionally I am not sure if the sales of dzire are witnessing the same increasing trend as Brezza. Being a new car and all new platform either people have lost their interest Dzire being an old name or there is something happening that dzire sales are not ticking. I am of this view because I went with my cousin to Maruti showroom and SA said the waiting on new Dzire is around 16-17 weeks while its 21 weeks on Brezza even after an year of launch.
It could be the production capacity at plant too. I believe Dzire sells more numbers than Brezza. Will check the Monthly Sales figure post this comment but i believe there is no reason the Dzire wont sell. It is much improved than the previous version in almost the same cost. Also, it is too early to comment on the sales figures
RaSing is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed