Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2017, 21:55   #361

Re: Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
The illumination of those LED headlights in Z+ aint that good?
You are right I feel the headlights are not up to my expectations. I am attaching the pictures of both first gen dzire (recently changed headlights with 100/90W bulbs) and the new Dzire ZDI+ for comparison.
Sorry for the quality of the pictures its taken from the cell phone.

First Gen Dzire VDI low beam

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-1.jpg

First Gen Dzire VDI hi beam

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-2.jpg

Dzire ZDI+ low beam

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-3.jpg

Dzire ZDI+ hi beam

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-4.jpg

Last edited by moralfibre : 1st July 2017 at 14:57. Reason: Editing as per subsequent post.
thegodfr is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 11:16   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfr View Post
Sorry the photos have been swapped. I realised it now and was too late to edit the post. Pics mentioned as ZDI+ is of first gen Dzire (you can see the clock and temp in the left bottom corner)
No worries, no you can refer the above post to mods, by clicking on the "Report Post" button (on left hand side of your post) and inform them to shuffle either the pics or the titles.
Old 1st July 2017, 11:25   #363
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfr View Post
Pics mentioned as ZDI+ is of first gen Dzire
So the LED lamps are much better than the 100/90 setup of the earlier generation, right? Looks way better in the pics.
Old 1st July 2017, 15:36   #364
Senior - BHPian

Haven't seen the 2017 Dzire in person yet, but if it is built flimsy like the Baleno, it is a cause for concern.

Whatever jargon Suzuki/Maruti may use to market this car such as Heartect rigid platform, use of high tensile but thinner steel, the feather light weight, the 2017 Dzire/Swift is not confidence inspiring in the safety aspect with a measly 3 star rating in the NCAP tests and that too tested with 6 airbags and safety pack.
Really poor safety rating given that the precious gen Euro spec Swift scored 5 stars.
The two airbag India specific car would for sure get zero stars just like the previous version Dzire/Swift

Indians deserve better safety than this and should not be taken for granted.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 1st July 2017 at 15:42.
for_cars1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 15:49   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Whatever jargon Suzuki/Maruti may use to market this car such as Heartect rigid platform, use of high tensile but thinner steel, the feather light weight, the 2017 Dzire/Swift is not confidence inspiring in the safety aspect with a measly 3 star rating in the NCAP tests and that too tested with 6 airbags and safety pack.
Really poor safety rating given that the precious gen Euro spec Swift scored 5 stars.
Crash norms and hence the criteria for stars keep varying and improving. A 5 star car rated in 2000 won't be the same as a 5 star rated car of 2017 in terms of safety.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 16:10   #366
BHPian

Spotted new Dzire with the yellow plate when I was going to drop my folks at Bengaluru Airport.
In my opinion, this generation Dzire looks good only from the rear three quarter angle but they messed the front end. What could have been a way too tempting front, have butched up with the gaudy looking front by using oodles of chrome. To me, it looks like if some one have undergone a silicon lip job just to gain attention but failed miserably, with the amount of chrome used and it doesn't look well put together too symmetrically. Seriously, no offence to any of the owners but can't withstand with the front look of the car. Even more when I have images of upcoming swift with the surreal and admiring looks afresh in my mind.
Attached Thumbnails
Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-c3383c536b3c44b0ac534b19b66e61b7.jpg  

Old 1st July 2017, 16:19   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
... criteria for stars keep varying and improving. A 5 star car rated in 2000 won't be the same as a 5 star rated car of 2017 in terms of safety.
Valid point, however, the expectation is for the manufacturers to keep with the rising safety criteria as they evolve and bring out the next generation of a car so that it is able to retain and meet the new higher safety norms.
In this case, 3 stars for the new Swift/Dzire is poor show and a step backward wrt., safety.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 1st July 2017 at 16:20.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 16:23   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Spotted new Dzire with the yellow plate when I was going to drop my folks at Bengaluru Airport.
Also another interesting point is that this looks like an AMT variant. Good to see cabs also opting for AMT - that will give some comfort to the drivers who spend significant time on the roads.

Last edited by AkMar : 1st July 2017 at 16:26.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 16:53   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
this generation Dzire looks good only from the rear three quarter angle but they messed the front end..

Seriously, no offence to any of the owners but can't withstand with the front look of the car.
Agree, saw new Dzire yesterday evening for the first time, front and rear looks as if they are from two different designs forcefully merged into one, does not gel well.

Both ends are good separately if seen in isolation though. Front end is low, narrow and elegant (would look better without the chrome) whereas rear gives a feeling of a full size sedan having a broader design and higher sitting.
Old 1st July 2017, 17:11   #370
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Also another interesting point is that this looks like an AMT variant. Good to see cabs also opting for AMT - that will give some comfort to the drivers who spend significant time on the roads.
And properly test the limits of the AMT gearbox, for Maruti to work on and improve (recall if needed) the same.

We all know the number of complaints which initial users (particularly Celerio) had. Cab guys using it will mean that it will be tested for long term usage much before the private owners reach those limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
2017 Dzire/Swift is not confidence inspiring in the safety aspect with a measly 3 star rating in the NCAP tests and that too tested with 6 airbags and safety pack.
The two airbag India specific car would for sure get zero stars just like the previous version Dzire/Swift

Indians deserve better safety than this and should not be taken for granted.
First of all, thats wrong. IIRC, it scored 3 stars for the base variant and 4 stars for the safety pack variant.

Secondly, the rating is from Euro NCAP which nowadays considers many safety aids like AEB as integral part of the tests. Which are never relevant to Indian market. If you see the AOP scores, it didn't score bad at all compared to earlier versions.

As for the India aspect, I wouldn't jump to a conclusion unless the tests start. Maruti Suzuki was once very bad at this and had openly declared it as well. However, the same company seems to be treading a very careful path now, declaring their vehicles as complaint and also equipping base variants with safety features - probably to avoid any negative publicity once the tests start.

That said, I wouldn't still buy it because the build just "feels" too bad anyways. But I wouldn't call it unsafe just based on the build, till the test results are out.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 1st July 2017 at 17:23.
Old 1st July 2017, 17:17   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Yes, It's Diesel AMT model. Good to see cab drivers using the automatic model and it's much needed in bangalore traffic.
Old 1st July 2017, 20:06   #372

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
So the LED lamps are much better than the 100/90 setup of the earlier generation, right? Looks way better in the pics.
Yes only after looking at the pictures on the laptop did I realise the low beam LED lamps are better.
Personally I feel the hi beam is still not sufficient, it does not inspire confidence or I am still yet to get used to it.
Old 1st July 2017, 23:45   #373
BHPian

The ex-showroom price of the top end Dzire ZXI+ AGS variant slashed by 26K in Pune to 8.31 lakhs . Maruti seems to have passed all the post-GST tax benefits to consumers. Not sure whether other manufacturers have done the same, but great job by Maruti.

On a side note prices of S-Cross 1.6 too have come down in the range of 50-100K making it the best and the most exciting VFM car below 15 lakhs. The ex-showroom price in Pune is now just 11.8 lakhs
Old 2nd July 2017, 12:19   #374
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay View Post
Maruti seems to have passed all the post-GST tax benefits to consumers. Not sure whether other manufacturers have done the same, but great job by Maruti.
I believe there was a clause in the act that all related benefits need to be passed on to end users. So all companies will need to reduce / increase prices accordingly.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 10:47   #375
BHPian

Have spotted a few of the new Dzire's on the road. Being the owner of the previous gen one, I am quite impressed with what Maruti has put together. It actually looks like a sedan now as compared to the confused version which I have. Could be a possible swap in the near future once waiting periods come down (hopefully closer to the festive season).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks