Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2017, 14:30   #31
BHPian

Re: Man mods rickshaw with 'Scorpio' rear - Anand Mahindra makes him a Supro owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneTraveller View Post
A nice gesture from Mahindra!
Now if Tata has the same idea,this man will be lucky too!
I guess not. Tata doesn't have anything in their stable what this guy can do.
He is an off road racer.

Man mods rickshaw with 'Scorpio' rear - Anand Mahindra makes him a Supro owner-nano.jpg
human_wheels is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th May 2017, 18:04   #32
BHPian

Re: Man mods rickshaw with 'Scorpio' rear - Anand Mahindra makes him a Supro owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
One man's ingenuity / Jugaad leads to this!! Mods did not know where to post this. Please move it to the right place!!
A nice gesture by Mr. Mahindra but it would have been more awesome if he got a real Scorpio SUV taxi or something!
Old 5th May 2017, 18:18   #33
BHPian

Wonderful gesture and marketing technique. I wonder if they validated if this indeed got auto modified or just current owner !
Thilak29 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2017, 23:10   #34
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Everything about the original "Scorpio" auto and the exchanged "Scorpio" auto is different.

Starting from the top
- The spoiler is different (look at the lights on the spoiler)
- The stickers are missing (except the SONY explode)
- The wiper is now placed on the left instead of right
- The Stepney cover is different
- The Antenna is missing (now electric?)
- The Red "Mahindra" sticker is missing
- The Stop stickers have been replaced by 4x4 stickers
- The number plate is now private instead of public
- The mudflaps have changed

Only the colour and number are the same.

Last edited by MAS : 5th May 2017 at 23:19.
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2017, 15:18   #35
BHPian

How smart AM is! For 3-4 lakhs he got some seriously good PR and gained goodwill of the people! Why people in other companies couldn't think in this way? Or atleast, if they can just do what they should, it does a world of good to them! volks *cough* wagen *cough* skoda *cough*. Oh and he got something as well for his whatever museum!
sgmuser is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2017, 17:23   #36
BHPian

Mean while in Navi mumbai someone is introspecting the life choices made;

Man mods rickshaw with 'Scorpio' rear - Anand Mahindra makes him a Supro owner-20170411_155757.jpg
400notout is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th May 2017, 19:14   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
I am sure if Mr. Mahindra did give him a four wheeler, he must have made sure it would be helpful to the guy.

What fascinates me is this news was not covered by the mainstream media. So Mr. Mahindra is content with doing a good deed and moving on.
I think this was picked up and reported by mainstream Malayalam media / newspapers. I had personally seen this reported in the Malayala Manorama newspaper.

From what I remember reading in that article (apologies if I am missing something here):
- Mr. Sunil had spent about Rs. 50000/- to modify his auto into the 'Scorpio auto' in a workshop of a friend of his.
- They have been understandably very proud of what they had achieved (was an authentic local attention-grabber / head-turner, etc.)
- Mr. Sunil had subsequently sold his auto off to someone else and moved on to doing something else (maybe a different "business model")
- After receiving the notification from Mr. Mahindra's team, Mr. Sunil had bought the auto back from the person he sold it to.
- I am sure Mr. Mahindra's team would have spoken to Mr. Sunil about supporting his new vocation, and they would have found the Supro to be the most appropriate. (That aspect was not discussed in detail in the article I read though).

Hats off to Mr. Mahindra! As well as to Mr. Sunil for his passion and imagination which helps create excitement in day to day life!

P.S. Just saw one more link of an auto being modified to resemble a Nano. http://auto.ndtv.com/news/kerala-bas...a-nano-1690009

Last edited by manij : 7th May 2017 at 19:38. Reason: corrected typo
manij is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th May 2017, 21:04   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A class act from Anand Mahindra . Whether it was a massive discount on the Supro, or it was given for free, Mahindra sure fulfilled this man's 'dreams'.

Witty response from him too .

Can't ever imagine the CEOs of Maruti or Hyundai India doing something like this, can you? I don't even think they have a Twitter account and if at all they do, it'll only be for posting press releases like a popat (parrot). Shows that some people just work....and some work, while having a blast doing it. Of course, it helps that Anand's name is on the building too!
To me, this is the difference between leaders and managers. Anand ji's inspiring in every way. There's nothing in this, which could not be done by a professional CEO. They just lack the chutzpah
Old 8th May 2017, 08:16   #39
Senior - BHPian

I have Two queries -

1) Anand asks "can you help locate him" - Isn't is simple enough for Mahindra folks? All they have to do is look at the registration number in the picture and get the address from the RTO. It should be a cakewalk for the nearest Mahindra dealer.

2) There is no information on who bore the gift tax of 30% on the Supro. Supro varies from 4.7 - 5.4 lacs approx., so the gift tax should be around the 1.5 lac figure, give or take couple of thousands.
Old 8th May 2017, 10:37   #40
BHPian

At the outset I’d like to congratulate Anand Mahindra for winning hearts once again.
lets have another angle of looking at it,which may sound stupid, but, I fear people in same league of modification taking their lower capacity vehicles to another level in terms of modification, thereby
1 Compromising the dynamics of the vehicle, hence the safety of passengers
2 Encouraging the scrap market to grow bigger which will eventually result in theft of automobile parts from vehicles on streets (An example is gujri market in Bangalore)
Old 8th May 2017, 13:27   #41
Senior - BHPian

If not for Anand Mahindra, this picture would have landed in "Weird and Wacky mod jobs" thread of team-bhp.
recshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 17:44   #42
BHPian

Nice gesture by Mahindra.
I know of a similar story from an old British commissioned crude refinery in Assam (I think it was Bongaigaon refinery). One pump in the refinery (a steam driven direct acting reciprocating pump) broke down after Independence, after working for several decades. The wrote to the company as per the pump name plate and guess what - they stopped making the pump so long ago that the current staff had no clue about the pump and its spares. They offered to ship TWO FREE PUMPS (of different type but same capacity) if the broke-down pump can be sent to them for their museum. A friend who is an engineer with EIL narrated this to me.
SKavuri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2017, 17:15   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Sell it;
Buy another 3-wheeler;
Modify it as XUV5OO;
Put remaining money in an FD;

Profit!!!

This time, he will be sued for using the patented design
FORTified is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 19:35   #44

Truly an amazing gesture by one of the gems of our homegrown industrial house. Anand Mahindra has from time to time displayed certain unique leadership qualities and it is not a surprise from him to do anything like this.

A highly active social media person and one of the most read and followed business leader in Twitter. I follow him keenly and rate his posts to be of high wisdom and relevance.
Old 24th May 2017, 14:27   #45

I follow Anand Mahindra’s tweets and IMO from his tweets I feel he is a sober gentlemen along with chuckle some attitude.

See this tweet and you will know , He gave away a four wheeler now he wouldn't vend his company
Attached Thumbnails
Man mods rickshaw with 'Scorpio' rear - Anand Mahindra makes him a Supro owner-screenshot_20170524141114.png  

rowonfield is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks