Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2017, 18:26   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Man mods rickshaw with 'Scorpio' rear - Anand Mahindra makes him a Supro owner

Now Mr. Anand Mahindra wants to own the Thar shown in the poster of the new Tamil movie, Kaala starring Mr.Rajanikanth.

Report and source from Auto NDTV.
Old 30th May 2017, 05:46   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Now Mr. Anand Mahindra wants to own the Thar shown in the poster of the new Tamil movie, Kaala starring Mr.Rajanikanth.

looks like he has got it... the producers of the film have responded to his tweet!

Man mods rickshaw with 'Scorpio' rear - Anand Mahindra makes him a Supro owner-imageuploadedbyteambhp1496103341.607391.jpg
Old 30th May 2017, 06:56   #48
Senior - BHPian

Re: Man mods rickshaw with 'Scorpio' rear - Anand Mahindra makes him a Supro owner

Now, it looks like it is about time a museum be started for street mod jobs of cars.

I have seen so many mid jobs, some are interesting.

I first saw a mod job - back in 1990 - 92 - of Tatamobile 206s turned to estate wagon with a Mercedes tri star on bonnet.

I don't think users or prospective customers of Mercedes were put off by that tacky modification. Nor do I think Scorpio users were put off by tailgate replication on an auto rickshaw.

While being on topic, I have noticed Kerala gets top slot in modification of vehicles, especially commercial ones. I have seen scores of Tempo Travellers modified to various degrees.

Coming to Mr. Mahindra's gesture, he didn't think it's infra dig to have their erstwhile flagship model's rear
Is replicated on an auto. And that's commendable.

By the way, was that auto a Mahindra or a Bajaj or a Piaggio?

Last edited by simplyself : 30th May 2017 at 07:00.
Old 27th June 2017, 13:52   #49
BHPian

Anand Mahindra playing Santa on Twitter again. He is gifting Kidambi Srikanth a TUV300 for his stupendous achievements.

Wish the rest of the Indian conglomerate CEOs were as cool as him.

https://twitter.com/anandmahindra/st...88020501516288
Attached Thumbnails
Man mods rickshaw with 'Scorpio' rear - Anand Mahindra makes him a Supro owner-anand-mahindra_kidambi.png  

TejasKinger is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 18:48   #50
BHPian

And that is Anand Mahindra with Kidambi Srikanth. This was posted on July 7 on Kidambi's Twitter handle.

https://twitter.com/srikidambi/statu...09017614995456
Attached Thumbnails
Man mods rickshaw with 'Scorpio' rear - Anand Mahindra makes him a Supro owner-screen-shot-20170712-6.45.57-pm.png  

TejasKinger is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 19:27   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
One man's ingenuity / Jugaad leads to this!! Mods did not know where to post this. Please move it to the right place!!

Attachment 1635737

Attachment 1635738

Attachment 1635739
I have seen this Rikshaw on road many times as I live nearby. I felt the work done as a bit awkward at first.But I did appreciate the finishing of the mod .! Never thought he would get such a big recognition though..! Kudos to the guy.!
Old 6th February 2018, 06:54   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
A good gesture by Mr. Mahindra, will enable the man to earn a better living.
In a similar gesture that will enable the gritty woman entrepreneur to earn a better living, Anand Mahindra gifts her a Bolero Maxitruck.

Quote:
Moved by the story of Shilpa, an entrepreneur, who through her mobile food joint ‘Halli Mane Rotties’ has introduced Mangalureans to not-so-popular dishes of the region, chairman of Mahindra Group Anand Mahindra has gifted her a Mahindra Bolero Maxitruck. Shilpa had altered a Bolero into a mobile food joint. Anand Mahindra, through the local agency, in Mangaluru, handed over the vehicle to Shilpa on Monday
Bangalore Mirror
dailydriver is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 06:03   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Recently, I sighted this auto rickshaw in Bengaluru.
Another innovative, green conscious Bengaluru story. An advocate has developed a roof top garden; the roof being that of his car and not house, as is usually the case!

Thanks to Inshorts feed for this information.

Man mods rickshaw with 'Scorpio' rear - Anand Mahindra makes him a Supro owner-screenshot_20191009054725316_com.nis.app972x1417.png

PS: I doubt whether this is a safe installation, especially on the highways. It poses operational troubles not just to the driver of the car but is a hazard to the other road users too. What if a plant gets uprooted and lands up on another car's windshield or on a two wheeler rider?

But on the streets of Bengaluru, where traffic has a tendency to just inch forward, its alright I guess.
dailydriver is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed