Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2017, 12:18   #1576
BHPian

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched a...

My SA in Cauvery ford is offering Previous gen Oct manufactured Platinum Diesel version for onroad price of 12lakhs. Although I have decided to go ahead with the new gen Titanium model. Discount being offered has actually put me in confused state.

Folks, do you think with the price and features in platinum version, should I opt for the old gen or should I go ahead with my booking of new gen.
Old 26th December 2017, 13:20   #1577
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched a...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
My SA in Cauvery ford is offering Previous gen Oct manufactured Platinum Diesel version for onroad price of 12lakhs. Although I have decided to go ahead with the new gen Titanium model. Discount being offered has actually put me in confused state.

Folks, do you think with the price and features in platinum version, should I opt for the old gen or should I go ahead with my booking of new gen.
Keep it simple, compare the features from the old Vs new. Read some feedback from the owners of new Ecosport and then take the call based on which is VFM.

Personally newer version is a good one even if you pay a little extra
rudrah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 13:39   #1578
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Anyone who has owned a Trend+ AT variant can comment how the L mode gears work in traffic conditions as well as on steep decline and incline?

As this variant misses out on S mode and manual +/- options too.

The Sales guy confirms me that the L mode is configured for 1, 2 & 3 gears so shouldn't be a issue on the above driving conditions however my friend and another tbhp member Roms shared the L mode feature in older Fiesta AT was bit aggressive. Link below for reference:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ve-review.html

Yet to see a Trend+ AT model in real. Would be good if someone shared the gearbox pics of Trend+ AT and also the driving experience using L mode. The dealerships just have a Titanium+ AT model for test drive and display.

Cheers~

Last edited by rudrah : 26th December 2017 at 13:46. Reason: text changes
Old 26th December 2017, 15:15   #1579
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
Dear All,

I am on the look out for my new steed. I have zeroed down on couple of cars based on my requirements.
Since you’ll be driving in the Delhi NCR region, I suggest you to take a TD of the Verna AT as well.
The EcoSport isn’t available with a diesel AT, and the Creta 1.6 CRDi AT would be way beyond your stretched budget.
The 2017 Hyundai Verna will probably be your best option, since the diesel AT is priced very close to your stretched budget. My advise would be to go for the SX & not the EX, since it robs you off quite a lot of creature comforts.
However, if you are comfortable with a stick shift, make sure you go for the EcoSport 1.5 TDCi Titanium+.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
A daily running of 80kms in NCR warrants a diesel and an automatic. Just stretch a bit and get an automatic, your left foot will love you for that.
+1
AShubrah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 17:07   #1580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
However, if you are comfortable with a stick shift, make sure you go for the EcoSport 1.5 TDCi Titanium+.
+1
If I go with MT, then out of Creta 1.4 Diesel or ES Titanium+ Diesel which
is a better buy from overall perspective keeping in mind I would keep the car for a minimum of 5 years and may be more if the condition allows?
Old 26th December 2017, 17:30   #1581
Senior - BHPian

Freinds, is the official review for the new Ecosport out yet? I couldnt find it.
There are lot of new things starting with the 3 cylinder thingy itself!
Equus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 19:30   #1582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
If I go with MT, then out of Creta 1.4 Diesel or ES Titanium+ Diesel which
is a better buy from overal perspective keeping in mind I would keep the car for a minimum of 5 years and may be more if the condition allows?
The Creta is most likely to receive a facelift next year, so you’ll feel like you own an old car very soon, and if you’ll be going for the 1.4L CRDi, you’ll be losing out on a LOT of stuff that the EcoSport Titanium + will come with.
It’s better to buy a top end diesel EcoSport, than buying a lower variant Creta with an inferior motor, as well as less features.
However, the Creta is unarguably more spacious than the EcoSport, so you might want to take a look at it from that aspect as well.
AShubrah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 01:58   #1583
BHPian

Thoroughly tested the The Diesel Titanium Variant in Lightening Blue. Need sincere advice on the following few concerns:

Rear split seats are not completely fold-able as in Titanium+
No rear camera and integration with Sync 3
No spare Tyre cover (available in Trend+) SC says to display the alloys they skipped it in both titanium and titanium +
Armrest a tad smaller...across models
Comfortable accommodation of 3 adults in the backseat...ofc across models
Bridgestone tyres only on Titanium+ rest its Goodyear or Apollo

Need Suggestions/opinions on above and views on below:

Agreed that color is an individual choice, but is blue color a good choice for our climatic conditions viz: Heat, dust and also visibility for other vehicles in dusk/dawn conditions?

Has any dealer given any discounts in terms of cash or accessories for this model, since its new there seem to be absolutely no bargaining. How can we get a good deal here?

Is 3-4% price rise confirmed Jan 18 onward?

Impact on resale for 2017 manufactured car, registered in 2018. Saving 30-40K now is wiser?
Old 27th December 2017, 05:04   #1584
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
P mode would engage the parking pin of the transmission, and henceforth the car won’t move, so no need to apply brake or hand brake but please understand this is neither convenient nor advisable in stop and go traffic. A simple reason dictates this, that says if someone were to back end your car, the parking pin would break resulting in a very expensive transmission repair, neutral on the other hand mixed with either hand brake or foot brake wouldn’t touch the transmission at all. Parking mode is strictly for parking.
So I generally put the car in neutral in stop and go traffic.
Wow. This is invaluable advice and I never thought of this. Although 99% I use N in traffic and not P this is something I had never considered at all. Thanks very much.
Old 27th December 2017, 06:31   #1585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Anyone who has owned a Trend+ AT variant can comment how the L mode gears work in traffic conditions as well as on steep decline and incline?
There is a needless issue being made out of the 'L' and 'S' modes. The 'D' mode is capable of handling any terrain you throw at it effortlessly. You won't need to switch to any other mode unless you want to do it just for the heck of it.
Old 27th December 2017, 11:20   #1586
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
There is a needless issue being made out of the 'L' and 'S' modes. The 'D' mode is capable of handling any terrain you throw at it effortlessly. You won't need to switch to any other mode unless you want to do it just for the heck of it.
What is the issue being made here? It’s a very valid question indeed. D mode maybe capable but manufacturers don’t keep different modes in AT for cosmetic reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
This post has beautifully explained the L mode in works.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2578686
vb-saan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 22:55   #1587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidspy View Post
but is blue color a good choice for our climatic conditions viz: Heat, dust and also visibility for other vehicles in dusk/dawn conditions?

Has any dealer given any discounts in terms of cash or accessories for this model, since its new there seem to be absolutely no bargaining. How can we get a good deal here?

Is 3-4% price rise confirmed Jan 18 onward?

Impact on resale for 2017 manufactured car, registered in 2018. Saving 30-40K now is wiser?
I own the lighting blue Titanium variant and in my view the blue is actually the brighter blue and noticable from a distance. Visibility of the car shouldn't be an issue.

Please forget about the discounts for a while; you won't get any for the first 6 months for sure. Ford did announce a price hike so could potentially happen especially when the market response is positive and Ford had done that in the past.

On the resale value, should you really bother about it now? If you plan to sell within 5 - 6 yrs it does impact a bit. The longer you own the better it is and let the impact. But it also depends on which time of the year you sell, how you sell (direct/dealer/exchange) and the condition. What I have generally noticed is that you get good value for your car during the festive season like Puja and Diwali as the demand is pretty high. These always fall during the second half and your car would not actually suffer a Big loss if you sell it around that time. Exchange offers are not the best bet unless you are exchanging a very old car or a car for which production has stopped like a Maruti 800 now. Also selling directly makes lot more sense to me.
Jude300 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 15:43   #1588
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I've done close to 2k on the odometer on my ES (Titanium Diesel Facelift).
I purchased it from Metro Ford Bangalore (St. Marks Road). The service center here is closed.

Any idea which would be a trustworthy service centre in bangalore. I don' t mind giving it across the city, as long as the service is good. Would like to build a good relation from the first service itself.

I've read lots of poor reviews on Metro Ford and Lathangi Ford, though most of them are old.
Old 28th December 2017, 18:42   #1589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theapollohelios View Post
Hi Friends,

I've read lots of poor reviews on Metro Ford and Lathangi Ford, though most of them are old.
I would stay away from JSP ford ( earlier it was Lathangi). This is the one on Bannerghatta Road opp IIMB. Would not trust them with a new vehicle.
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 22:37   #1590
BHPian

Finally got some time to make the DIY video on how to make the noodle type floor mats for the Ford Ecosport.

Last edited by Jude300 : 28th December 2017 at 22:41.
Jude300 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks