Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2018, 13:33   #1621
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Great to know. Standard question to ask after your long drive
How much was the fuel efficiency you got in highways after your 600 kms drive and in city traffic?

-Ravi
I have driven close to 2k kilometers on my Titanium Diesel (Facelift). I get approx 14 km/l in city and 16km/l on highways
theapollohelios is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 14:34   #1622
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by theapollohelios View Post
I have driven close to 2k kilometers on my Titanium Diesel (Facelift). I get approx 14 km/l in city and 16km/l on highways
I am not sure though, but isn't it less in general? A manual diesel motor giving FE of 14kmpl in city? The claimed FE is 20+ I suppose.
Old 3rd January 2018, 14:34   #1623
BHPian

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-_20180103_143514.jpg

Ecosport price increases between 14000 and 35000 across various variants according to the dealer here.

Last edited by Dramitn : 3rd January 2018 at 14:37. Reason: Attaching picture
Dramitn is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 15:18   #1624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramitn View Post
Attachment 1712353

Ecosport price increases between 14000 and 35000 across various variants according to the dealer here.
The lower variants seem to have got the highest price hike in % terms, whereas the highest variants have a comparatively lower hike .

The Titanium diesel is still below the 10 lakh mark though.
Old 3rd January 2018, 19:08   #1625
BHPian

Ford is clearly taking a bit of a haircut on that trim level to keep it under ₹10 lac. It has the lowest percentage price increase among all trims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEA View Post
Requesting the owners of facelifted Petrol ATs to post thier fuel consumption figures here. How much does it consume with 100% city usage? What is the worst you have seen for a tankfull?
For me, it is 12.5 – 13 KMPL on the highway and 8 KMPL in the city. I live in a small city, where the daily consumption is about 20 kilometres only, and most of it is spent crawling in bumper-to-bumper traffic, with the air conditioner turned on.

Last edited by aryayush : 3rd January 2018 at 19:10.
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 20:17   #1626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramitn View Post
Attachment 1712353

Thanks for sharing the details.
Interestingly in the lowest Ambiente variant , Petrol prices are increased by 35k but Diesel by 25k despite having same features ! Similar story for Trend and upward variants. Given that market is trending towards Petrol cars currently, to me it seems Ford is clever enough to increase the Petrol prices more than equivalent Diesel prices for exactly same variant.

We have to wait and see if it is going to back fire or accepted by market.

-Ravi
Old 4th January 2018, 09:30   #1627
BHPian

Not sure if this has been discussed already:

1. As per Ford website, Boot capacity of Titanium+ 328L vs 358L on the lower variants - same can be seen on model compare. The brochure given at the showroom doesn't exlicitly call this out, it does however mention foot note (corresponding to the boot capacity value marker) that 358L is for Titanium and Trend+. Wonder if the rear seats on the Titanium+ has a relaxed angle leading to lesser boot space.

2. Also, on the website and as per Ford customer care on the chat, the EBA, HHA, ESC, TCS are present only on the Titanium+ AT model and not on the Titanium+ MT. Can owners of the Titanium+ MT confirm if these are present on the MT variant ?

Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 10:18   #1628
Team-BHP Support

Is Navigation in the new EcoSport mobile phone/network dependent?
Old 4th January 2018, 11:34   #1629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Is Navigation in the new EcoSport mobile phone/network dependent?
Yes, The navigation using Google maps will use the phone's GPS and mobile data. To save data you may want to cache the maps for your intended route when on WiFi.
Old 4th January 2018, 11:44   #1630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikipedia87 View Post
At around 11 lakh and 13 lakh OTR for the Trend+ and Titanium+ ATs, Ford EcoSport is by far the cheapest and the most VFM petrol automatic compact SUV available at the moment. Nexon's AMT launch would make things more interesting though.
I thumbs up. Titanium+ variant at 13 OTR would be at least 3 lakhs cheaper than Creta petrol AT. And not to speak of steering-mounted paddle shifts which Ecosport has as bonus which Creta doesn't have. In fact, is there any other car under 30 lakh OTR which has paddle-shifts?

BTW, there should be a Teambhp review of new Ecosport AT, since engine is new and so is AT box.
Old 4th January 2018, 11:51   #1631
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx71 View Post
2. Also, on the website and as per Ford customer care on the chat, the EBA, HHA, ESC, TCS are present only on the Titanium+ AT model and not on the Titanium+ MT. Can owners of the Titanium+ MT confirm if these are present on the MT variant ?
The brochure on the website mentions that the above are only available on the AT. That can't be wrong.

Even on the pre-facelift, these features were only on the AT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
In fact, is there any other car under 30 lakh OTR which has paddle-shifts?
The Honda Jazz, City, BR-V, Jetta, Altis to begin with.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 12:15   #1632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The brochure on the website mentions that the above are only available on the AT. That can't be wrong.

Even on the pre-facelift, these features were only on the AT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by styx71 View Post
Not sure if this has been discussed already:

Thanks

Titanium+ MT Diesel does have all the above features. In one of my earlier post after test drive, i did mention about the details of how HHA worked perfectly as it is easy to test in Bangalore roads. There is an explicit button for TCS on/off near to dual USB ports which you can see in all pictures of T+ variants.

There was detailed discussion about this in early November in this same thread immediately after Nov 9th launch and the content in brochure. Indeed these features are not just only for T+ AT but also available for T+ MT variant too.

-Ravi
Old 4th January 2018, 13:44   #1633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The Honda Jazz, City, BR-V, Jetta, Altis to begin with.
Really? When did that happen? I think I have been out of sync with latest developments on features front, in cars. Because last time I checked, there weren't many options. Even today I think 40-lakh Fortuner AT doesn't have this feature. Please correct me if I'm wrong again. The older version didn't have.
Old 4th January 2018, 13:53   #1634
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Really? When did that happen? I think I have been out of sync with latest developments on features front, in cars. Because last time I checked, there weren't many options. Even today I think 40-lakh Fortuner AT doesn't have this feature. Please correct me if I'm wrong again. The older version didn't have.
Yep; the pre-facelift EcoSport doesn't have paddle-shifters (sadly). I'd have loved them on my car; currently, I do gear changes through a toggle-kind of switch on the gear lever itself.

OT: the '08 City version (retailed about 11 lakh OTR) had paddle-shifters.
Old 4th January 2018, 14:08   #1635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OT: the '08 City version (retailed about 11 lakh OTR) had paddle-shifters.
Yes. My bad. I had even driven one. What's happening to my memory? Coming to Ecosport, I think we need a Teambhp review of this AT car because both the engine and AT box are different from the older ones. Also, for all the effort Ford put in to enhance front visual appeal ( which they have succeeded in), they shouldn't have left the rear untouched. Changes to rear hatch/taillamps/glass would have differentiated it from the older one.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks