Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2018, 17:03   #1681
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
I took out my car in rain today and when I parked my car and touched on the door handle to lock using the capacitive touch it didn't work. I had to manually lock it with my fob. I tried doing it on the passenger door too but it just didn't work. Not sure if this is normal during rains or if this is an issue to report. Anyone faced this in your car?
Usually capacitive touch panels have issues in operation when wet. This could be the reason.

Try to test by making it wet and test, followed by wiping off the water and testing again.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 18:37   #1682
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
I took out my car in rain today and when I parked my car and touched on the door handle to lock using the capacitive touch it didn't work. I had to manually lock it with my fob. I tried doing it on the passenger door too but it just didn't work. Not sure if this is normal during rains or if this is an issue to report. Anyone faced this in your car?
Same here, and it happens frequently even when there is no moisture. I have hated this design choice from day one. It is awkward to place your finger on this one spot to lock the car, and given its occasional unreliability, I have to do it using the key fob anyway. I love that the car unlocks automatically when you pull on the handle but the side effect of that—that the lock mechanism had to be designed this way—is pretty annoying.
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 19:13   #1683
BHPian

Quote:
This often happens right after my car has come out of a wash, once it's adequately dry , it will work again. Perfectly normal.
blurust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 06:20   #1684
BHPian

For Folks who has purchased Titanium variant.

I have two questions for you.

1. What is the brand of stock tyre which you got in your vehicle? My vehicle is due for delivery in a couple of weeks and I am thinking to replace it with Michelin P3ST 215/60 R16 soon after taking delivery, albeit if I get a good buyback price for my stock one.
Difference in circumference between stock and the new one will come around 1.84%. I believe this should be fine.

2. With regard to accessories, I haven`t planned anything except the wheel cover. So will there be any problem to fit this if I upsize my tyres?. If that is the case then I may need to drop the plan of buying it.
Old 11th January 2018, 09:13   #1685
Team-BHP Support

A friend showed a pic from Instagram about the EcoSport coming with paddle shifters, true? If yes, will it for diesel?
Old 11th January 2018, 09:14   #1686
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
A friend showed a pic from Instagram about the EcoSport coming with paddle shifters, true? If yes, will it for diesel?
The AT (offered only on petrol) comes with paddle shifters. It didn't on the pre-facelift.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 09:42   #1687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
Usually capacitive touch panels have issues in operation when wet. This could be the reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
I love that the car unlocks automatically when you pull on the handle but the side effect of that—that the lock mechanism had to be designed this way—is pretty annoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
This often happens right after my car has come out of a wash, once it's adequately dry , it will work again. Perfectly normal.
Thanks all for your inputs.

Yes, it's the moisture issue and it was ok after it got dry. Also agree that it's annoying. If there was such a downside to the capacitive touch the button press option would have been better. Ofcourse not a problem in places like Chennai but in places where there is more rainfall, it is an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
1. What is the brand of stock tyre which you got in your vehicle?

2. With regard to accessories, I haven`t planned anything except the wheel cover. So will there be any problem to fit this if I upsize my tyres?. If that is the case then I may need to drop the plan of buying it.
The stock tyre I got was Goodyear.

Can't comment on the upsizing as I am not sure. But in my personal opinion the rugged look of the bare spare wheel is better than the modest look with the cover on.

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th January 2018 at 12:46. Reason: Removing quote about paddle shifters, which you did not reply to :)
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 13:13   #1688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Adding to libran's response. It is available only on the Titanium+ AT variant and not on the Trend+ AT variant.
Old 11th January 2018, 13:52   #1689
BHPian

Hello folks, I just sold my i20 today and I am looking to get a new car ASAP. Here are the details if you want to know the details.

Quoting from my post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasJager View Post
Brings me to my question, between Ecosport 1.5D Titanium+ and Verna 1.6D SX(O), which one should I go for? I am looking to book the car in the next couple of days and need to make a decision quickly. I like Ecosport as a package, but with the recent price hike, it has come dangerously closer to the executive sedans. The Titanium+ costs 13.30 L in Hyderabad, and the Verna 1.6D SX(O) is costing me a good 15.10 L. I am very confused about the one I should go for. Suggestions please?
Need your suggestions.
Old 11th January 2018, 14:19   #1690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello folks, I just sold my i20 today and I am looking to get a new car ASAP. Here are the details if you want to know the details.

Quoting from my post:

Need your suggestions.
If you hit highways/travel often and want a practical car to tackle Indian roads without worry, go for the Ecosport. Its fun,practical and dirt cheap to maintain. Unless you are oriented towards sedan or in look out for fancy features like cooled seats, you should pick Ecosport.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 14:29   #1691
BHPian

Quote:
Need your suggestions.
If your priorities are somewhat in this order , would suggest the EcoSport
1. Solid, well built car
2. Safety
3. Low maintenance
4. Roads where you stay have potholes / or require high GC
5. Like to self drive the car
6. Most of the times you travel light with 4 people or < 4 people on average
7. Like high seating position
8. Can live with average mileage and dont expect >20KMPL
9. You are ok with the funky design and not obsessed with clean and minimal lines
10. You are ok with building a relationship with the A.S.S center and overlook some rough edges.
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 14:31   #1692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
If you hit highways/travel often and want a practical car to tackle Indian roads without worry, go for the Ecosport. Its fun,practical and dirt cheap to maintain. Unless you are oriented towards sedan or in look out for fancy features like cooled seats, you should pick Ecosport.
+1 I totally agree.

Quote:

Quoting from my post:

Need your suggestions.
From a all rounded packed, you should go for EcoSport which is more safer car and also cheaper to maintain versus a Hyundai. BTW, i too owned an i20 for 6 years
New Verna is a good car, but what are your major requirements is not clear for people to opine.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 19:51   #1693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I do like to get out of city as much as time permits. 1-2 long drives in the month definitely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
If your priorities are somewhat in this order , would suggest the EcoSport
1. Solid, well built car
2. Safety
3. Low maintenance
4. Roads where you stay have potholes / or require high GC
5. Like to self drive the car
6. Most of the times you travel light with 4 people or < 4 people on average
7. Like high seating position
8. Can live with average mileage and dont expect >20KMPL
9. You are ok with the funky design and not obsessed with clean and minimal lines
10. You are ok with building a relationship with the A.S.S center and overlook some rough edges.
You have put in the positives very nicely and I do resonate with most of the points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
From a all rounded packed, you should go for EcoSport which is more safer car and also cheaper to maintain versus a Hyundai. BTW, i too owned an i20 for 6 years
New Verna is a good car, but what are your major requirements is not clear for people to opine.
Ecosport is a great car, I agree. But below are the concerns I have with it (of course these are my personal opinions and don't necessarily apply to anyone else) :
  • Armrest is pretty much unusable for me, as it doesn't slide forward (I'm 5' 7).
  • The AC is effective but given the climate at Hyderabad, a rear AC vent would have been great.
  • Very small glovebox. Do they even get vents for cooling beverages?
  • Sound system is average. At this price point, I expected a lot more.
  • The MID! This will probably top the list of things I don't like about the Ecosport. Experts, can we swap it with the Brazilian one?
If I'm nitpicking, then the rear seat space, the alloys, and missing sunroof can also be added to that list. I like everything else about the car! The fantastic engine, top notch safety features, the looks AND the ground clearance with high seating position!

Verna addresses most of these things, albeit in a different body type. What I do loose is the all important ground clearance. It does cost a bit more than the Ecosport but are these features worth paying that extra moolah for?
Old 11th January 2018, 20:40   #1694
BHPian

Quote:
  • The MID! This will probably top the list of things I don't like about the Ecosport. Experts, can we swap it with the Brazilian one?
On the sound system, it sounds better when you change the occupancy mode to 'driver' than 'all'.

Undisputed point. The MID is the only place cost cutting is evident. SHAME on Ford.
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 21:16   #1695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Ecosport is a great car, I agree. But below are the concerns I have with it (of course these are my personal opinions and don't necessarily apply to anyone else) :
  • Armrest is pretty much unusable for me, as it doesn't slide forward (I'm 5' 7).
  • The AC is effective but given the climate at Hyderabad, a rear AC vent would have been great.
  • Very small glovebox. Do they even get vents for cooling beverages?
If I'm nitpicking, then the rear seat space, the alloys, and missing sunroof can also be added to that list. I like everything else about the car! The fantastic engine, top notch safety features, the looks AND the ground clearance with high seating position!

Verna addresses most of these things, albeit in a different body type. What I do loose is the all important ground clearance. It does cost a bit more than the Ecosport but are these features worth paying that extra moolah for?
If i were you, IMPO the above are not a deal breaker items and are good to have/wish list type when deciding on the car. Since you mentioned you are planning to drive in highways twice a month, i would put safety as top priority Vs. features/convenience factors in which EcoSport scores far higher. Don't get me wrong that i am not against Verna nor biased towards EcoSport. The fit and finish of Hyundai's are best IMO and are perfect. However, am just providing my recommendations for your need.
From cost perspective, the additional cost what verna asks for is not a VFM for these features when compared to features that are available in EcoSport.

Lastly, there is no perfect car that meets all requirements or satisfies everyone. Every car has some pros and some cons. Go with what is most important to you based on your needs and what you can comprise on or live without it. Choose the one that you won't regret everyday when you take it out for a ride.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks