Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2017, 12:15   #211
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Spotted this Ecosport Titanium S testing on the Chennai - Trichy highway near Chengalpattu (which is where Ford’s plant is located) last weekend:

Looks like a stop gap arrangement to clear off stocks etc, before the New Ecosport arrives in November.
By the way, the rear spare wheel cover looks enormous for it's size.
Old 8th September 2017, 10:34   #212
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetg84 View Post
As per a question asked on facebook,Ford India claims the launch is still far away
They have been saying that since April to me on twitter. It is coming soon.
Old 8th September 2017, 11:21   #213
BHPian

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-teambhpeco.jpg
Ecosport advetorial in Autocar September Issue.Guess top variants will come with a sunroof.
harmanjeet14 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 11:38   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmanjeet14 View Post
Attachment 1673533
Ecosport advetorial in Autocar September Issue.Guess top variants will come with a sunroof.
Choice of words has carefully avoided indicating a new engine launch. However, the mention of 'Off Road' makes me wonder if there is 4WD launch on the anvil.
Old 8th September 2017, 12:43   #215
BHPian

This is exciting! I just hope Ford remembers to take care of its automatic customers.
Old 8th September 2017, 12:45   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
This is exciting! I just hope Ford remembers to take care of its automatic customers.
Automatic with paddle shifters, mated with the new dragon engine family is coming

The only thing bothering me is the wait, and radio silence (expectedly) from Ford India. I have been waiting for almost an year to change my ride.
Old 8th September 2017, 12:48   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Automatic with paddle shifters, mated with the new dragon engine family is coming

The only thing bothering me is the wait, and radio silence (expectedly) from Ford India. I have been waiting for almost an year to change my ride.
Read somewhere that the diesel will be offered with the same 1.5 TDCi but with a six speed MT. Is it true?

Are there any plans for the Diesel with automatic transmission?
Old 8th September 2017, 13:11   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
Read somewhere that the diesel will be offered with the same 1.5 TDCi but with a six speed MT. Is it true?

The information I have is only regarding Petrol with paddle shifters. No idea about Diesel.
Old 8th September 2017, 15:27   #219
BHPian

Yes, that's pretty exciting in and of itself, especially with the new gearbox. I'm concerned about the variants though. I really want leather seats and automatic lights and wipers in my car, which Ford hasn't so far offered to us automatic customers.
Old 8th September 2017, 17:10   #220
BANNED

A slightly bigger Ecosport+ at 4250mm length with powerful engines can compete with the +4m SUVs like Creta, Duster and the likes really well, IMO. That will resolve the space issue / claustrophobic feel inside Ecosport.

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-newfordecosport4silverside.jpgThe 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-newfordecosport4silverside_1.jpg
romeomidhun is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 17:30   #221
VR4
BHPian

Looks very good. Ford has redesigned the interiors of the facelift and it won't be as claustrophobic as the present one.

Any news of the new 1.5 Litre Eco Blue diesel engine coming to India in the facelift - 125 PS and 300 Nm of torque. Presently only with AWD in Europe.
Old 8th September 2017, 17:58   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
A slightly bigger Ecosport+ at 4250mm length with powerful engines can compete with the +4m SUVs like Creta, Duster and the likes really well, IMO. That will resolve the space issue / claustrophobic feel inside Ecosport.

Attachment 1673728Attachment 1673729
I’m salivating at the prospect of such a car, but given that I have changed my own decision from the Creta to the EcoSport primarily because of the ₹3 lac in savings it amounts to, it’s understandable that Ford would not want to let go of the price advantage. It will lose all the sub-₹12 lac customers to the Brezza (as opposed to most of them) and who’s to say the customers it’ll steal from the Creta will make up for them?

On a different subject, I’m pissed at car manufacturers for littering the streets with ugly looking dual colour cars since the launch of the Vitara Brezza. Where that car was designed with the dual tone finish in mind and looks strikingly beautiful with the multicolour paint job (particularly in the black and red outfit), all the other copycats that have come since range from passable to downright ugly.

It’s painful to see Ford hitching the EcoSport to the same bandwagon, and sullying the exteriors of an otherwise handsome looking vehicle to attract customers who have no taste. Sure, I don’t have to buy it myself, but I will have to see them running about on the streets, in all their poorly conceived ugliness. Just look at this example here: it looks like a terrible aftermarket hatchet job!
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-djmdiguuqaa_6sr.jpg  

Old 8th September 2017, 23:49   #223
Senior - BHPian

Last Wednesday, I drove in NH45 towards Chennai and spotted 2 test mules both in white color - one is Titanium TDCi and other is Trend (Petrol) variants doing test trips. The drivers were driving the car like Mickey and Mouse playing on roads, overtaking each other, doing very sharp cuts in 30 degree angles when they get stuck between 2 vehicles. It was fun to see them. I drove along with them from Melmaruvathur till Paranur toll, however they took U turn and drove back towards south as they don't want to cross the toll towards Ford factory.

Of course, now we have seen sufficient amount of pictures without camouflage, i will post it here for formality

One thing i noticed is the touch screen is present in both Titanium and Trend Variants and the visibility is excellent even from outside in broad day light. I can see the screen well from my car itself.

Sorry, we could capture only rear part in most of the snaps, as i was driving and also need to take a glimpse on new facelift model on & off. I will see, if i can grab some pictures from my wife mobile phone as she took some of them. We took couple of videos's as well. Need some time to edit them to remove distorted/shaky portion before i post here.

-Ravi
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_20170906_180123.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_20170906_180150.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_20170906_180236.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_20170906_180234.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_20170906_180253.jpg  

Last edited by ravib : 8th September 2017 at 23:57.
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 02:17   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR4 View Post
Looks very good. Ford has redesigned the interiors of the facelift and it won't be as claustrophobic as the present one.

Any news of the new 1.5 Litre Eco Blue diesel engine coming to India in the facelift - 125 PS and 300 Nm of torque. Presently only with AWD in Europe.
Here are some facts about the engine at
  • Engine: 1.5-litre EcoBlue Diesel
  • Power: 125PS (25PS+ than 1.5-litre TDCI)
  • Torque: 300Nm (95Nm+ than 1.5-litre TDCI)
Torque monster indeed as we see the above at:
https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...ound-20689.htm

Drivability is enhanced with 20 per cent more torque at 1,250 rpm https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...aner--mor.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post

From the article
https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...ound-20689.htm

Though the new 1.5-litre EcoBlue diesel seems a little far-fetched when it comes to the Indian market, the new 6-speed manual is likely to make its way in the upcoming facelift model here (with the 1.5-litre TDCI and the 1.0-litre EcoBoost).
bhpfaninblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 15:14   #225
BHPian

A full blown 'S' or 'STi' version with AWD would give Ford the much needed differentiation. Also, they should be able to price such a variant within the top end Creta. If Skoda can do a proper RS variant for a low volume product like Octavia and price it well, no reason why Ford cannot do the same for their bread winner.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed