Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2017, 16:16   #226
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

To Ford's credit, they launched the Ecoboost in India along-with the 1.5 TDCi and 1.5 Petrol. They did not hold back the imported engine

Will Ford spring a surprise by getting the Ecoblue engine in? Hopefully yes, for the Indian market
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 22:47   #227
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Hi,

I just got an update from the workshop as I had visited today and on inquiring was told that the updated version would come to the market in one - two months time. However they didn't have any update about the engine update or 1 AWD version. Lets hope as that Ford will launch this version by this month as speculated in the media.

One more thing I should mention here that Ford really takes care of their customers. yesterday I got a mail from Ford India that for the flooding in Mumbai they are open for all seven days and the car will be repaired immediately. Even they are taking 50% of the liability apart from the insurance coverage ad also offering discounts in spare parts and labour charges. Also they are offering 20% discount on Zoom cars if car is not repaired in a day and crosse to next day or till the car is repaired and given back.

This I have witnessed personally today at the workshop. I saw that even the Insurance surveyor are also stationed at the workshop and giving on the spot approval for the claims due to flooding. This shows how caring they are and taking care of their customers in the needy hour.

Hats off to Ford India. Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Live to drive
Max63 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 10:03   #228

Guys, is there any chance of a diesel automatic ? I do upwards of 50 kms a day in city traffic and my only options at the moment are Vento & the Creta.

Are there any indications that they might surprise us with a diesel automatic ?
Old 11th September 2017, 11:31   #229
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
...it’s understandable that Ford would not want to let go of the price advantage. It will lose all the sub-₹12 lac customers to the Brezza (as opposed to most of them) and who’s to say the customers it’ll steal from the Creta will make up for them?
It should be an additional model, not a replacement for current Ecosport: the sub4m Ecosport and +4m Ecosport+.

Also, people who buy current Ecosport are not constrained with the 4m parking space, as the vehicle + spare wheel will be anywhere near 4.25m in length. As an option, Ford can launch the 4.25m Ecosport+ without the tailgate-mounted sparewheel.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 12:15   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
It should be an additional model, not a replacement for current Ecosport: the sub4m Ecosport and +4m Ecosport+.

Also, people who buy current Ecosport are not constrained with the 4m parking space, as the vehicle + spare wheel will be anywhere near 4.25m in length. As an option, Ford can launch the 4.25m Ecosport+ without the tailgate-mounted sparewheel.
This biggest deterrent for 4M+ ecosport is not parking space but the additional GST which is a cool 14-16% extra as compared to the sub 4M ecosport. It translates to approx 1-1.5 Lakhs over and above the regular pricing, which is a big amount. Ford will definitely not go for it since the ecosport is already positioned as a sub 4M car and they will not want to lose the price advantage.
auto_enthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 16:39   #231
BHPian

Folks, couple of links to keep the excitement alive:

1) Autocar gives a refresher of what all to expect in the new ES, minus details on launch date http://www.autocarindia.com/car-news...to-know-405981

2) Also, ST model is officially revealed at Frankfurt motor show, some pics and details
http://indianautosblog.com/2017/09/f...aa-2017-281499
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-010.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-fordecosportstlinefrontseatsatiaa2017.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-fordecosportstlineinterioratiaa2017.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-fordecosportstlinerearseatatiaa2017.jpg  

Vish_Janu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 16:43   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
1) Autocar gives a refresher of what all to expect in the new ES, minus details on launch date http://www.autocarindia.com/car-news...to-know-405981
Is there any news or change to the rear seat width?
The narrow rear seat made the EcoSport a 4seater in actual use.

Is the new one any wider?
Old 13th September 2017, 16:44   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Is there any news or change to the rear seat width?
The narrow rear seat made the EcoSport a 4seater in actual use.

Is the new one any wider?
The dimensions of the vehicle remain the same.
Vish_Janu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 17:02   #234
BHPian

Quote:

2) Also, ST model is officially revealed at Frankfurt motor show, some pics and details
http://indianautosblog.com/2017/09/f...aa-2017-281499
Thanks for the pictures, but the most important question is when will it arrive in India?? Have been waiting for a long time now and no communication from Ford!!
Old 13th September 2017, 17:28   #235
BHPian

Quote:

There is not a shred of new information in that article. I would not be surprised if it’s been compiled using information gleaned from this very thread.
aryayush is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 10:32   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
There is not a shred of new information in that article. I would not be surprised if it’s been compiled using information gleaned from this very thread.
Exactly. Autocar and IBT have been doing exactly that.

Just found this walkthrough video (exteriors + interiors) of the ES ST version in Frankfurt.

Probably the first time we are having a look at the manual gear shifter, all pictures so far have been with auto shifter.

How would it be if the india-spec version also comes with that 3.5 inch screen in the middle of gauges on dashboard.

Last edited by Eddy : 14th September 2017 at 12:13. Reason: Merged
Old 14th September 2017, 22:52   #237
BHPian

Ford Ecosport facelift coming to India this November. Below is the video from Autocar, notice what Renuka says at 00:54. I almost jumped when I heard this:

Source: Autocar

I had my reservations, but then this:

Source: Motorbeam

So, I guess the facelift is indeed coming in November. And boy, does that ST-Line looks yummy!
DasJager is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 16:11   #238
BHPian

Dang, another four month wait! If it's launched in November, it makes sense to wait till January before purchasing it, so you get a 2018 model.
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 12:15   #239
Senior - BHPian

2018 Ford Ecosport Spotted.

Looks like Mid Variant (Trend?). Gains Alloys & Front Fog Lamps & Touch HU, but misses on Keyless Entry.

Launch Likely in November with Training scheduled in 1st Week of October. New 1.5 L Dragon Engine Briefing expected.
CarguyNish is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 12:47   #240
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
2018 Ford Ecosport Spotted.

=========

Looks like Mid Variant (Trend?). Gains Alloys & Front Fog Lamps & Touch HU, but misses on Keyless Entry.

Launch Likely in November with Training scheduled in 1st Week of October. New 1.5 L Dragon Engine Briefing expected.
No offence, but it says Titanium right on the boot

Plus there is too much equipment on there already for it to be the trend variant. Don't know what else they could add to the titanium. Like the alloys design, I think those are 17s maybe?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 19th September 2017 at 13:20. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks