Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2017, 09:51   #271
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
The Ecosport face lift is not going to be launched before Diwali! The sales managers are having their training at Chennai plant on November 1,2 and 3. I think Ford is looking for Christmas/New Year time period for launch.

I'm doubtful whether a face lift can do anything serious to the dwindling fortunes of Ecosport. There was no harm in plonking a Auto box in a Diesel version, even if that's a gamble. They could have got some leverage. With Brezza and Creta pushing Ecosport into a tough spot, there is hardly anything that makes it stand out barring the build quality and safety features, which aren't sought after features in our country.
Sales training in November?? :(

Launching in last week or so of November or December seems like a strange move. Won't folks prefer buying it in January 2018 only?
Old 28th September 2017, 10:20   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Sales training in November?? :(

Launching in last week or so of November or December seems like a strange move. Won't folks prefer buying it in January 2018 only?
I guess it will just be unveiling, with all the standard media stuff, and not a full blown launch. Just does not make sense to launch a product at year end to see nobody booking it until next year.
arunramaswamy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 14:39   #273
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

So Autocar's October issue just dropped and if you see at the bottom

"SCOOP: We build Ford's new 1.5 L petrol engine".

Wonder if they will also share details about Ecosport, which is getting that dragon engine. Anybody has access to details inside the issue?
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-dkzkkhswaaapexv.jpg  

Vish_Janu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 17:16   #274
VR4
BHPian

Source: Autocar.

New petrol engines will be on offer:
Ford’s all-new Dragon series of petrol engines will make its Indian debut in the updated EcoSport. Leading the charge will be a 1.5-litre, three-cylinder unit that will be good for about 120hp. A 1.2-litre, three-cylinder motor may also join the ranks for lower variants. The other engine options will include the same 100hp, 1.5-litre diesel engine, and probably the 1.0-litre Ecoboost petrol too.

It will feature new tech:
The updated EcoSport will receive the new aforementioned touchscreen infotainment system with Ford’s SYNC 3 software, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It is also expected to get cruise control, a speed limiter function, a rear-view camera and automatic climate control.

Launch - next month. Am told training has already started in batches.

Last edited by aah78 : 28th September 2017 at 20:56. Reason: Added link. Please link to the source when referencing other wesbites.
VR4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 19:13   #275
Senior - BHPian

So why the difference in tuning of Figo vs the ecosport TDCi engine. How come the cheaper car gets a more powerful tune than the more expensive car?
Can we expect the Figo tune on the new ecosport?
As much as I want to buy the Figo sport I am put off by it's interiors. The new ecosport IMHO has very modern interiors which IMHO is best in class when ever it launches.

Last edited by SPARKled : 28th September 2017 at 19:33.
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 10:23   #276
BHPian

It is the same 1.5 TDCi engine with 99bhp tune. Since Figo is lighter, the comparison ratios like bhp and torque per ton look much better on the Figo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
So why the difference in tuning of Figo vs the ecosport TDCi engine. How come the cheaper car gets a more powerful tune than the more expensive car?
Can we expect the Figo tune on the new ecosport?
As much as I want to buy the Figo sport I am put off by it's interiors. The new ecosport IMHO has very modern interiors which IMHO is best in class when ever it launches.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 12:32   #277
BHPian

looks like the launch isn't happening anytime soon,i had sent an email to Ford customer care enquiring about the new ecosport,this is what they replied
Dear Sir,

Firstly we thank you for having shown interest in our product

We are pleased to learn the passion you show towards our brand/variant.

Though we would be glad to support you with the information you desired, but unfortunately we are not in a position to give any commitment to you on launch/specification of any proposed model mix that would roll out since the decision on proposed model mix are still under testing and validation.

We kindly request you to be in touch with our dealership (your nearest dealership) who would be in a position to keep you updated on the progress to ensure that once the booking is open you are intimated.

We promise that the wait would definitely be worth it.

Thanks & Regards,
Jayasri J
Ford India Private Ltd- Customer Relationship Centre
Toll Free : 1800 419 2500 | 1800 425 2500
Email: custmail@ford.com
vineetg84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 13:58   #278
VR4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetg84 View Post
looks like the launch isn't happening anytime soon,i had sent an email to Ford customer care enquiring about the new ecosport,this is what they replied
Dear Sir,

Though we would be glad to support you with the information you desired, but unfortunately we are not in a position to give any commitment to you on launch/specification of any proposed model mix that would roll out since the decision on proposed model mix are still under testing and validation.

We kindly request you to be in touch with our dealership (your nearest dealership) who would be in a position to keep you updated on the progress to ensure that once the booking is open you are intimated.

Thanks & Regards,
Jayasri J
Nothing surprising Vineet. This has been the standard reply from Ford and their dealers, but the announcement of the launch is expected shortly, but with pin drop silence from Ford, hope prospective customers, who are eagerly waiting for the facelift are not driven away towards Nexon, S Cross or any other vehicle in this segment.

All said and done and as mentioned in their email, it definitely would be worth the wait, especially with the re-designed rear seats which I am told can now comfortably seat three.
VR4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 14:06   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Sir,

Thanks & Regards,
Jayasri J

That is a control C and then control V job!

inclusion of the brand/variant instead of using Ecosport is a dead giveaway.

Don't read too much into it. Infact Autocar has updated one of their old articles on their website, confirming the launch is next month itself.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...+Articles+feed

Others like Financial Express

http://www.financialexpress.com/auto...atures/875390/

Indian Auto Blog

https://indianautosblog.com/2017/09/...october-285205

Drive Spark

https://www.drivespark.com/four-whee...ed-023861.html

....are saying the same thing. Also, deliveries will begin in November.

Excited mein edda!!!
Vish_Janu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 14:13   #280
VR4
BHPian

Financial Express - < 2 hours ago !!

http://www.cartoq.com/10-things-you-...ford-ecosport/

Last edited by khan_sultan : 29th September 2017 at 14:23. Reason: back to back posts
VR4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 14:49   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...+Articles+feed

Others like Financial Express

Indian Auto Blog

https://indianautosblog.com/2017/09/...october-285205

Drive Spark

https://www.drivespark.com/four-whee...ed-023861.html

....are saying the same thing. Also, deliveries will begin in November.

Excited mein edda!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR4 View Post

Financial Express - < 2 hours ago !!
Except FinancialExpress, I see the other two sites are referring to Autocar as their source. I really hope Autocar has got it right. And I am more interested in the date of unveiling rather than the month. We have been hearing about October release for a while now!

Come on Ford!! Every day you make us wait, you risk losing a potential customer. Give us something!

From the Nexon thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cingsman View Post
One thing for sure, this car will effect a lot a cross-shopping across segments. Someone I know wanted to buy a Ecosport when it was launched, he ended up buying a Verna for lack of Ecosport availability. So, the reverse is also quite possible! Hence, the basis for the City boys getting touched by the Nexon wave.
DasJager is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 15:39   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasJager View Post

Come on Ford!! Every day you make us wait, you risk losing a potential customer. Give us something!
I am too in the same situation. Eagerly awaiting for the new Ecosport but the most frustrating part is that there is no information on how far or near we are from the launch. There is no concrete information coming from the Ford sources. I really hope that it is all worth the wait !!
Old 29th September 2017, 16:06   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_d1106 View Post
I am too in the same situation. Eagerly awaiting for the new Ecosport but the most frustrating part is that there is no information on how far or near we are from the launch. There is no concrete information coming from the Ford sources. I really hope that it is all worth the wait !!
Worth the wait is what Ford tells us,i really hope they give us the ecoblue turbo diesel 125ps instead of the 100ps regular tdci engine.
ecoblue has more power mileage and is more refined and better NVH levels than the TDCI
Old 29th September 2017, 16:44   #284
VR4
BHPian

Quote:
Worth the wait is what Ford tells us,i really hope they give us the ecoblue turbo diesel 125ps instead of the 100ps regular tdci engine.
ecoblue has more power mileage and is more refined and better NVH levels than the TDCI
No Vineet, sorry to disappoint you, but the Ecoblue diesel in not coming to India with the facelift. I too wish it comes. Would be a great alternative for the S Cross 1.6.

Like I mentioned in one of my previous posts - " if wishes were horses."
Old 29th September 2017, 17:08   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR4 View Post
No Vineet, sorry to disappoint you, but the Ecoblue diesel in not coming to India with the facelift. I too wish it comes. Would be a great alternative for the S Cross 1.6.

Like I mentioned in one of my previous posts - " if wishes were horses."
Even the Maruti Suzuki S cross diesel has been downsized in the facelift and the only option is 1.3diesel.Atleast in Ecosport we have an option of petrol automatic
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks