Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2017, 17:54   #286
VR4
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetg84 View Post
Even the Maruti Suzuki S cross diesel has been downsized in the facelift and the only option is 1.3diesel.Atleast in Ecosport we have an option of petrol automatic
Yes, very true and with the 1.5 Dragon series or the 1.5 diesel, would make the EcoSport a much better vehicle than the S Cross 1.3, especially with the new features and more importantly the rear cabin space and the audio system in the top end variant.
Old 29th September 2017, 19:41   #287
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR4 View Post
…it definitely would be worth the wait, especially with the re-designed rear seats which I am told can now comfortably seat three.
Are you certain about this? I've read every post in this thread and followed all the articles and leaks posted so far but have not heard anything that supports this. From what I've gathered, it's based on the exact same platform as the current car and therefore has no physical changes that would allow it to be more comfortable for three at the back. I would love to be proven wrong.

I dearly wish Ford surprises us with a fully loaded automatic trim this time around. I have a thing for fancy features like automatic headlamps and wipers and leather seats, and I hope Ford will let me have them with an automatic transmission. The current car is also quite loaded in the automatic trim, particularly in the safety department, and I desperately hope it at least keeps all the features of the outgoing car.
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 20:08   #288
VR4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
Are you certain about this? I've read every post in this thread and followed all the articles and leaks posted so far but have not heard anything that supports this. From what I've gathered, it's based on the exact same platform as the current car and therefore has no physical changes that would allow it to be more comfortable for three at the back. I would love to be proven wrong.

I dearly wish Ford surprises us with a fully loaded automatic trim this time around. I have a thing for fancy features like automatic headlamps and wipers and leather seats, and I hope Ford will let me have them with an automatic transmission. The current car is also quite loaded in the automatic trim, particularly in the safety department, and I desperately hope it at least keeps all the features of the outgoing car.
It is confirmed. The other features that you have mentioned are already available in the Titanium + and Platinum Edition variants and would be carried forward though am not sure if the automatic variants would have them.
VR4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 20:47   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is confirmed. The other features that you have mentioned are already available in the Titanium + and Platinum Edition variants and would be carried forward though am not sure if the automatic variants would have them.
By automatic variants, can we expect a diesel automatic also? Or are we just saying there will be different variants for the petrol automatic?
Old 29th September 2017, 21:31   #290
VR4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
By automatic variants, can we expect a diesel automatic also? Or are we just saying there will be different variants for the petrol automatic?
Trying to gather more information. Shall post it in the thread once I know something.
Old 29th September 2017, 22:24   #291
BHPian

To change the game in diesel, Ford definitely needs the 1.5 Ecoblue engine. The 1.5 TDCi despite being bigger than the 1.3 engine of the Brezza generates just 10% higher bhp and is not a game changer
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 23:57   #292
BANNED

I am also eagerly waiting for the facelift and would want to divert a bit from the car itself to the company. Ford. I, as an enthusiast, love the company and have no doubt that today their cars are reasonable to maintain and ever reliable.
But the problem lies in the future of the company. Their products, the Figo, Aspire, even the sports addition, are very good, very rounded. The company focused enough on marketing, tried to prove its car are cheap to maintain.

But their sales today, ultimately, are not even average. What I fear is that, if the upcoming Ecosport fails to generate interest, what's the future of the company. They have already delayed the launch quite a bit, and I fear they may eventually go the GM way if their most popular product fails to generate the kind of interest they so want.

This is the sole reason I am looking at the Nexon. And the sole reason I've not booked that car is because of the reliability factor and the fair share of niggles that have been reported in media drive cars.

Would love to hear feedback of other people on this.
Old 30th September 2017, 10:08   #293
BHPian

maybe the launch is delayed because of the pricing of Tata Nexon,Ecosport is Ford's bread and butter model and they can't go wrong with the facelift,if the launch was going to happen we would have got news in the month of August,as no Vehicle manufacturers would want to miss the festive season sales of dusshera and diwali.The fact that the current ecosport is still available in the showroom and the sales are still on for that model,expectations are that the launch is delayed to next year

as per the news article dealers have given confirmations bookings will open for ecosport facelift during diwali time,so deliveries will be maybe after a month or so

news source updated 17hours ago at the time posting in team bhp forum
https://auto.ndtv.com/news/2017-ford...o-know-1756799

Last edited by vineetg84 : 30th September 2017 at 10:15. Reason: got an update
Old 30th September 2017, 10:22   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
To change the game in diesel, Ford definitely needs the 1.5 Ecoblue engine.
I agree. If Ford's indeed introducing the dragon series engine, then they can do away with the Ecoboost as well as the old 1.5 NA petrol. They can instead have a range topper and probably an S version with the Ecoblue diesel. Else, there's very little to differentiate the Ford in compact SUV segment except for the 6 Airbags.
Old 30th September 2017, 13:02   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
The automatic is only coming in Petrol, and it is coming with paddle shifters too.
Vish_Janu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 14:11   #296
BHPian

Quote:
None of the global reports suggest that Ford has increased width of Ecosport rear seat to accommodate 3 adults more comfortably.

However, there are 2 changes which I noticed between the EcoSport ST-Line showcased at IAA 2017 and the one currently available in India

1. The ST-Line has a middle headrest which is missing in the current Indian version
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-old-eco1.jpg

2. The side of the rear seats of the current Indian version is scooped aggressively inwards which I don't see with the ST-Line version. Possibly this liberates a bit more space
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-old-eco.jpg
damager21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 20:26   #297
VR4
BHPian

As per the advertorial by Ford in the September issue of Autocar India the higher variants are likely to get a sun-roof. If yes, then tough times ahead for the Nexon and the Brezza, not to mention the WR-V ( to some extent ).
Old 30th September 2017, 23:22   #298
BHPian

Quote:
As per the advertorial by Ford in the September issue of Autocar India the higher variants are likely to get a sun-roof. If yes, then tough times ahead for the Nexon and the Brezza, not to mention the WR-V ( to some extent ).

Additional of sun-roof will no way cause any major impact to Brezza/WR-V/Nexon. Brezza as usual is sprinting ahead and Nexon has impressed people already with its styling, features, built quality and the aggressive pricing. Looks like Nexon has clearly sent shivers down Ford's spine as the Ecosport facelift is yet to be announced.
Old 1st October 2017, 00:29   #299
BANNED

Waiting for the facelift eagerly. Would have booked the Nexon, had it not been the niggles reported by almost all the media drives!
I seriously hope they improve the ride quality because the amazing ride quality in the Nexon won't allow to even think of something else then!
Old 1st October 2017, 09:50   #300
VR4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Additional of sun-roof will no way cause any major impact to Brezza/WR-V/Nexon. Brezza as usual is sprinting ahead and Nexon has impressed people already with its styling, features, built quality and the aggressive pricing. Looks like Nexon has clearly sent shivers down Ford's spine as the Ecosport facelift is yet to be announced.
Yes balajisv, although Brezza is sprinting ahead but what I meant was the Eco Sport facelift would definitely give the Brezza ( and the rest ) a run for it's money.

It is expected to come fully refreshed and this additional feature is bound to make a difference.

When the Brezza was launched it was like a breath of fresh air and the design caught peoples imagination, not to mention the brand "Maruti".

Over the years, as you are aware, there has been a paradigm shift in the in customers' thinking and they are willing to look beyond Maruti and additional features do play a role during the buyer's decision making without ignoring the "mileage and the price".

I probably should have been more elaborate in my earlier post
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks