Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2017, 11:35   #331
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Big thanks to Roshan for sharing these via WhatsApp!

RavenAvi, BIG HUG to you and Roshan. Muah!!

I just now hope Ford has made this for Indian market only, though the spare wheel at the back would suggest so.

BTW, can Roshan confirm paddle shifters on the Auto? I have info on that but a double confirmation would be great. Also any other info, especially launch date Sorry for being greedy!

But this is awesome

Last edited by khan_sultan : 13th October 2017 at 10:21. Reason: trimmed quoted post for better readability
Vish_Janu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 11:51   #332
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Big thanks to Roshan for sharing these via WhatsApp!

Attachment 1684331[/center]
Woahh!! What is this S variant? Is this something similar to the Aspire / Figo S variants where the engine remains the same and there are a few suspension and interior touchups? And are these being launched simultaneously with the normal (non-S) variants?

The alloys and the race blue shade in the pics look absolutely yummy!!
Old 11th October 2017, 12:38   #333
BHPian

From the pictures, it looks like only the S variant has new alloys, the one on left has current style alloys. The second difference is smoked versus clear lens headlamps.

Last edited by avingodb : 11th October 2017 at 12:41.
avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 12:54   #334
BHPian

Wow. Just wish that it is for our Indian market. My father will be looking for an upgrade from his 2013 last gen Dzire sometime next year and the new Ecosport and the new Civic is what we are eagerly waiting for.

The S badge makes the wait so much sweeter. I sort of regret a little for not buying the Figo S diesel. The option was not there when I bought my 2016 Figo diesel.

Now if Ford can give us the new Ecoblue diesel to match the S badge, it will be the icing on the cake.
Old 11th October 2017, 16:18   #335
e46
BHPian

Nice snaps. Thumbs up!

On a side note, I could see the nose of a Fiesta, after an Aspire and before a maroon Endevour. Any plans of relaunching it, by Ford India?

Abhishek.
e46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 18:51   #336
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this video was shared earlier in this thread. Sorry if it is a repetition. It has good close up shots of Titanium Variant, showing Key fob that has speaker symbol (guess the car can beep for easy find in parking slots), options in new MID and helps to see nitty-gritties.

Surprised to see EcoSport Freestyle variant. No idea what it is.
Anyone knows about it?

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 11th October 2017 at 19:04.
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 19:16   #337
VR4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Not sure if this video was shared earlier in this thread. Sorry if it is a repetition. It has good close up shots of Titanium Variant, showing Key fob that has speaker symbol (guess the car can beep for easy find in parking slots), options in new MID and helps to see nitty-gritties.

Surprised to see EcoSport Freestyle variant. No idea what it is.
Anyone knows about it?

-Ravi

Nice video ravib, but surprised to see Sony speakers. As per Ford's newsletter they have tied-up with Harman for the audio systems in all their vehicles.

I believe all the suspense would get clarified only after the launch post Diwali as confirmed by Vibrant and Fortune Ford, Hyderabad.

Last edited by Samurai : 11th October 2017 at 23:33. Reason: quote fixed
Old 12th October 2017, 08:15   #338
Senior - BHPian

The S variant looks lovely. Thanks RavenAvi! I really didn't think that was a variant for our market. Hopefully Ford has sorted the suspension, else it will be one hard ride on those massive but gorgeous wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
On a side note, I could see the nose of a Fiesta, after an Aspire and before a maroon Endevour. Any plans of relaunching it, by Ford India?
Good catch. But that black Fiesta is the older model. The picture looks to be from inside the Ford plant and it should be no surprise even if you run into an Ikon 1.6 Nxt there. LOL There are at least two more white Fiestas parked behind the EcoSport, wonder which model that is.

And too bad, the person who shot the photo couldn't take a pic of the rear suspension of the EcoSport. An AWD will be a great addition to the EcoSport at this stage.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 13:25   #339
BHPian

Yesterday i was in at my dealer's place for taking delivery of my Ecosport after some repairs. The service team lead said the new version of Ecosport door opens up when u insert your hand and no need to press the request sensor like the current model. I don't think he is bluffing since his team is already in Chennai taking training

Those who waited for the new version may be in for more surprises

Cheers
Self Driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 13:30   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post
The service team lead said the new version of Ecosport door opens up when u insert your hand and no need to press the request sensor like the current model. I don't think he is bluffing since his team is already in Chennai taking training
Interesting! Is Ford going to incorporate finger print recognition in the face lift ? I do not think so. Let us expect the best .
Old 12th October 2017, 13:38   #341
BHPian

You still need the key to be in your pocket. It works the same way as it does right now, with the only difference being that the button would be integrated with the handle mechanism, so that pulling the handle automatically unlocks the door if you have the key on you. It is not uncommon and does not require the incorporation of a fingerprint sensor.
aryayush is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 13:46   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
You still need the key to be in your pocket. It works the same way as it does right now, with the only difference being that the button would be integrated with the handle mechanism, so that pulling the handle automatically unlocks the door if you have the key on you. It is not uncommon and does not require the incorporation of a fingerprint sensor.
Thanks ! Now I understood and infact it will be a good thing to have in the vehicle. Some times I really wonder about the complicated electronics and mechanicals that we are going to experience in future automobiles .
Old 12th October 2017, 16:43   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post
The service team lead said the new version of Ecosport door opens up when u insert your hand and no need to press the request sensor like the current model. I don't think he is bluffing since his team is already in Chennai taking training
Is this same as Jeep Compass mechanism for keyless go? Please see below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4258576

Quote:
The request sensor is used only for locking purposes! To unlock the car with the key in your pocket, simply slide your hand behind the handle and pull. Sensors placed behind the handle detect your hand & unlock the car
Old 12th October 2017, 16:51   #344
BHPian

The service folks at Fortune ford, Hyderabad are done with training and they on asking confirm that EcoBlue Diesel and Titanium S will be available at launch!
nagateja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 16:57   #345
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagateja View Post
The service folks at Fortune ford, Hyderabad are done with training and they on asking confirm that EcoBlue Diesel and Titanium S will be available at launch!
Seriously? Isn't that the 125 hp / 300 Nm unit? That's some serious firepower in a compact SUV and should really take the game away from Nexon, WRV and the likes.

Is it limited to just the Titanium S version?

Brezza plays a different game altogether and might not really be affected.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 12th October 2017 at 16:58.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks