Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2017, 17:00   #346
BHPian

I'm equally or infact a tadbit more excited. But they are just outright reluctant to talk anything, literally anything about the Ecosport now. Can't seem to understand the logic, when they have a potentially great product at stake.
Old 12th October 2017, 17:13   #347
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagateja View Post
The service folks at Fortune ford, Hyderabad are done with training and they on asking confirm that EcoBlue Diesel and Titanium S will be available at launch!
I hope they didn't mistook it for Ecoboost, Diesel and New Titanium S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Seriously? Isn't that the 125 hp / 300 Nm unit? That's some serious firepower in a compact SUV and should really take the game away from Nexon, WRV and the likes.

Brezza plays a different game altogether and might not really be affected.
Agreed.

If priced well or I can say it as priced widely like earlier version, this one has potential to be a Segment Leader. Looking forward to this New Avatar.
Old 12th October 2017, 17:37   #348
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
The service folks at Fortune ford, Hyderabad are done with training and they on asking confirm that EcoBlue Diesel and Titanium S will be available at launch!
I hope they know the difference between Ecoblue and Ecoboost! If Ecoblue is indeed coming, Ford India deserves a hug or hundred!
Vish_Janu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 17:39   #349
BHPian

Quote:
The titanium S version during launch would be icing in the cake. The updated ecosport has everything going for it. I have my doubts on the new diesel engine, given that there is so much press on the new petrol engine, I would have expected the same with the new diesel.
Old 12th October 2017, 17:53   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Interesting! Is Ford going to incorporate finger print recognition in the face lift ? I do not think so. Let us expect the best .
Lol. Why stop at fingerprint recognition. When Apple has moved on to facial recognition why not try that baby on this vehicle

Back to the interesting bits of the conversation. Ecoblue or Ecoboost, what is it going to be. Are we getting the BLIS system ?
subraiyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 18:44   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Titanium S?? Really?? If this is indeed India specific then its worth the wait. Hope they get the more powerful diesel version too to go with the S badge.
It will be the same diesel engine. The TDCi badge is very clearly evident in the pictures. Their more powerful diesel engine is the Ecoblue engine and they would not brand that as TDCi
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 19:16   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
It will be the same diesel engine. The TDCi badge is very clearly evident in the pictures. Their more powerful diesel engine is the Ecoblue engine and they would not brand that as TDCi
There is something below TDCi covered in white, what can that point to?
Old 12th October 2017, 19:37   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_d1106 View Post
There is something below TDCi
That looks like protective foam because that is the side of the door that opens.
Old 12th October 2017, 20:35   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

2018 Ford EcoSport Now Made In Europe Instead Of India.

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-novofordecosport-5.jpg
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-novofordecosport-1.jpg
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-novofordecosport-2.jpg
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-novofordecosport-6.jpg

Quote:
Ford has announced the start of the production run of the Euro-spec EcoSport small SUV at its plant in Craiova, Romania.
Ford has decided to shift the production of the Euro-spec EcoSport from their plant in India to Romania due to the rising demand, with the company investing up to 200 million euros in the Craiova factory and creating at the same time 1,700 new jobs there.

link

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th October 2017 at 20:57.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 20:45   #355

@RavenAvi- Is it coming with sunroof?
Old 12th October 2017, 21:38   #356
BHPian

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by jins View Post
@RavenAvi- Is it coming with sunroof?

A reliable birdie told me sunroof is on the cards albeit will be a late feature addition post official launch !

Cheers,
Vijay
vvijay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 10:02   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
A reliable birdie told me sunroof is on the cards albeit will be a late feature addition post official launch !

Cheers,
Vijay
Does that mean initial/early bookings won't get sunroof?
Old 13th October 2017, 10:30   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
I hope they didn't mistook it for Ecoboost, Diesel and New Titanium S.
They might be true as we did see a 6 speed gearbox in one of the pictures shared by RavenAvi.

May be we should ask those reliable birdies to confirm the same.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 13th October 2017 at 10:32.
Old 13th October 2017, 10:41   #359
BHPian

Talked to Mr. Surya, service advisor, fortune ford, tolichowki, Hyderabad. He had his service trainings done. Sales training haven't begun yet itseems.
Now he seems to confirm only dragon petrol and is unable to comment on any new diesel engines, except for reworked power delivery and reduced NVH.
This is getting into the S cross 1.6/1.3 kind of confused situation. Hopefully we end up on the positive side this time either.
Old 13th October 2017, 10:45   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Seriously? Isn't that the 125 hp / 300 Nm unit? That's some serious firepower in a compact SUV and should really take the game away from Nexon, WRV and the likes.
Hold on, need to take a step back here. Which is this 125 BHP 300 NM engine that you are referring to? Is this a diesel or petrol? I am a little confused so please could you elaborate.

In any event, I highly, highly doubt that such a potent engine could make its way to the Ecosport. In this price range, a 300 Nm engine is a rarity, that too in such a small car. Too much of wishful thinking, though I fervently hope I am proved wrong!

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 13th October 2017 at 11:01.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed