Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2017, 13:45   #451
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The video of the unboxing event.
Simply Wow. One of the best unboxing event of a car that too done by two of my favourite people. SVP whom I followed since the time I'm more interested in cars than girls (No offence to anyone) and Mallika Dua, her make up didi accent coupled with her wittiness wins me over everytime.

Anyway, I have gone through the fresh interior videos doing their rounds on the internet and I think Ecosport comes back even more strongly with a lot more gizmos,uber cool interiors, packed with six airbags and not to forget the set of punchy engines.
It's turning out to be interesting in Compact Crossover segment now and I'm loving it to the core.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 14:03   #452
Team-BHP Support

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
So far, I see no one is missing the mention (I mean lack of mention) of the Ecoboost engine. Assuming it will not be offered, it will be a little disappointing.
Depends on how good is this new 1.5.

Ecoboost was a small 1L turbo. There is no replacement for displacement and it had significant turbo lag for city usage. Not to mention it was expensive despite falling in lower tax brackets.

The new engine is a 1.5, seems to be producing similar power - and if it can deliver similar performance without turbo lag - no one might actually miss the Ecoboost.

Mostly - the petrol option will end up as the best in the segment.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 14:04   #453
BHPian

Nice un-boxing that. Ford is yet again proving that they indeed have a better all-round car when compared with the direct rivals be it MSIL or TATA.
Surprising that they are removing 1.0L Ecoboost petrol. Now with only the new 1.5 Petrol doing the duty, they are going to lose the criteria for Compact SUV's so tax is going to go up. Earlier, they used to have 1.0L on Trend,Titanium as well as Platinum. Am sure some sort of research and study has been done by them to justify this omission. Is there any way we can get breakup of Petrol/Diesel or 1.0/1.5 sales?

With No Petrol Brezza in pipeline and cost of new Ecosport petrol going up, I guess it's good times for TATA Nexon Petrol.
Old 25th October 2017, 14:25   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Surprising that they are removing 1.0L Ecoboost petrol. Now with only the new 1.5 Petrol doing the duty, they are going to lose the criteria for Compact SUV's so tax is going to go up.
No surprise there. The turbo petrols have significant lag and are not easy to drive in our Indian roads. They are also more suited for foreign roads that are do not need as much of low rpm torque needed in our city conditions. They become more expensive as they need to be imported and local demand (due to the low sales of the turbo petrols) does not justify local production

Similarly, the Baleno RS is the first and last turbo petrol in India from Suzuki. It simply does not make sense in Indian city driving conditions

Quote:
Depends on how good is this new 1.5.

Ecoboost was a small 1L turbo. There is no replacement for displacement and it had significant turbo lag for city usage. Not to mention it was expensive despite falling in lower tax brackets.

Mostly - the petrol option will end up as the best in the segment.
Agree. Turbo petrols do not have a future for Indian city driving. Globally Ford sells a 1.5 Turbo i.e. similar displacement as the 1.5 Dragon with a turbo. But they know that has no future in our roads
Old 25th October 2017, 14:59   #455
BHPian

Any clue how much titanium diesel will cost on road Nasik?
Old 25th October 2017, 15:06   #456
BHPian

Does this new EcoSport has any improvement on back seat leg room?
Old 25th October 2017, 15:15   #457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
Does this new EcoSport has any improvement on back seat leg room?
Leg room was pretty good in Ecosport and decent when compared with rivals. Even though the car was wide, the rear seat base was not wide enough to accommodate 3 people.
Old 25th October 2017, 15:31   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Leg room was pretty good in Ecosport and decent when compared with rivals. Even though the car was wide, the rear seat base was not wide enough to accommodate 3 people.
My experience has been otherwise. I felt that EcoSport's rear leg room was cramped compared to even my Xcent.
Old 25th October 2017, 15:42   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
The Brezza and Nexon, both scored above Ecosport in terms of legroom. While adequate, this area can definitely do with some improvements. This is especially relevant if there are tall passengers in your rear seat.
Old 25th October 2017, 15:43   #460
Distinguished - BHPian

EcoSport drive review by ACI,

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-capture.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-1.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th October 2017 at 15:50.
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 16:31   #461
BANNED

Quote:
....The video of the unboxing event.
Very neat & very desi Chinese flavour too! But do Ford want their baby SUV to grow up - I found no mention of an AWD offering anywhere. Without which the exercise reminds me of the 'blank fire' analogy - all noise & no substance. And that would be a real pity. From day 1 the Ecosport has been crying out for an AWD version here in India - that would make the car well nigh unbeatable.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 16:57   #462
BHPian

For the life of me, I don’t understand this obsession with keeping the sole automatic variant economically priced at the expense of useful features like automatic headlamps and wipers and potentially lifesaving ones like six airbags. The outgoing model had the six airbags in the automatic variant, so at least the safety aspect was accounted for, but this one gets rid of it.

Why not just offer a second automatic trim with all the bells and whistles? I want to pay for it, and it does not affect your ability to advertise the lower sticker prices of the cheaper variants, so why not give the automatic customer the choice of a fully loaded car?

This is just beyond frustrating! I really wanted automatic headlamps and wipers, cruise control, leather seats, side and curtain airbags and the tyre pressure monitoring system.
aryayush is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 17:20   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
For the life of me, I don’t understand this obsession with keeping the sole automatic variant
This is just beyond frustrating! I really wanted automatic headlamps and wipers, cruise control, leather seats, side and curtain airbags and the tyre pressure monitoring system.
What do you see here ?

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_20171025_171503.jpg

Notice anything ?

What you asked for are all there here.

Now you shouldn't be worried.
CarguyNish is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 17:57   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
What do you see here ?

Notice anything ?

What you asked for are all there here.

Now you shouldn't be worried.
Hi,
From where you got this pic?
manish_symc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 18:31   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
From where you got this pic?
This is the source - https://twitter.com/hormazdsorabjee/...08117134446592

Some more shots of the interiors, courtesy SVP on NDTV Car & Bike:

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-2017fordecosport_827x510_61508906038.jpeg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-dmoaaovqaamc2u.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-dmoaadvwaiyiom.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-dmoaamueaashrz.jpg

Yes, that is a Compass inside the EcoSport! (all puns intended)
RavenAvi is offline   (24) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks