Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2017, 10:58   #496
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijubalan View Post
Probably they would do a last moment optimization of pricing based on the demand generated as suggested by the bookings.
Hope it turns out good for us
Let us all avoid bookings for the first few months then
Edit: Did we do that when the new Fiesta was launched?

Quote:
Are the other additions like touch screen etc so costly compared to airbags and associated systems? Anyways, not a good idea to bring in creature comfort features at the expense of safety features
I think Ford should offer 2 versions. A safety version with 6 airbags, etc and a 'creature' version without airbags but with a fancy touchscreen etc. I would opt for the version which offers safety features that can be installed by the manufacturer. Other bells and whistles can be installed aftermarket anyway. In fact they should also stop offering alloy, mats, speakers etc. Just offer a model which would be top 'specced' in terms of safety and is bare bones otherwise. The owners can then pick and choose from the aftermarket. It would also help them focus on specific spares in terms of the supply chain management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
I did not find any specific literature on the web to suggest that a DCT is always more expensive than a Torque converter unit.
Cost could depend on the design of components, quality, and materials used.
Is it also a change from a 4 cylinder engine to a 3 cylinder one?
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 11:58   #497
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
Yes it is a change from 4 cylinder to 3 cylinder dragon series even though displacement remains same
Old 27th October 2017, 13:21   #498
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Quote:
Yes it is a change from 4 cylinder to 3 cylinder dragon series even though displacement remains same
The engine is new one, details can be read here. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ol-engine.html

The power has gone up to 121bhp and 150Nm torque.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 14:27   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
I did not find any specific literature on the web to suggest that a DCT is always more expensive than a Torque converter unit.
Cost could depend on the design of components, quality, and materials used.
I can't quote exactly but Dual Clutch automatics are costly compared to torque converter & apparently less reliable too . Here's the best i could find about transmission types : https://www.autocarindia.com/auto-fe...tchback-392843
drift2race is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 15:38   #500
BHPian

Tonight's Autocar show on ET Now at 2230 hours will showcase Ecosport's first drive. If you guys want to watch that in goodness of HD, wait till tomorrow evening 1930 hours, on Times Now HD.

Also, Autocar's first drive review will be uploaded on their website by Monday, if you don't want to purchase the issue now.

On a side note: I guess Ford charges extra for its spare wheel cover at the back, right? Is it wise for me to order that online right now from Alibaba?
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-capture.jpg  

Last edited by Vish_Janu : 27th October 2017 at 15:40.
Vish_Janu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 15:53   #501
Senior - BHPian

I checked with Ford Pune today. No special discount on current stock of ecosport AT. hardly 11k cash + 10k accessories.
Old 27th October 2017, 22:43   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Tonight's Autocar show on ET Now at 2230 hours will showcase Ecosport's first drive.
Just finished looking at the channel, it said 7.70 lacs to 10.10 lacs ex showroom Delhi. They didnt mention it explicitly but the text on the screen did. I'm excited

Last edited by blurust : 27th October 2017 at 22:44. Reason: Adding text
blurust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 22:55   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Tonight's Autocar show on ET Now at 2230 hours will showcase Ecosport's first drive.
Watched it just now while traveling (not driving), on my mobile screen!!

I somehow never really liked the way Autocar reviews cars. Now don't get me wrong, they get to the point nice and straight, but there is just that emotion missing which any bhpian can relate to. Maybe I am just spoilt by better options.

Rant aside, few points as per the review:

- The dragon 1.5 L is turning out to be quite a nice package.
- I'm personally a little disappointed that Ford still doesn't provide rear AC vents.
- The rear seat still has less legroom compared to the competition, the upside is that the under thigh support is very good.
- Front seats are wider and would accommodate people with bigger frame better now.
- The Titanium version doesn't come with in-built navigation support (comes with Apply Car Play & Android Auto instead). Can anyone confirm if it is the same in Titanium + also?
- Ride quality is better now while retaining the driving dynamics of the previous Ecosport.

Ecosport facelift is looking really promising and I am eagerly looking forward to a TDCi Titanium + review.
DasJager is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th October 2017, 01:16   #504
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasJager View Post
- The Titanium version doesn't come with in-built navigation support (comes with Apply Car Play & Android Auto instead).....
Static maps can't compete with web-based services (GMaps, Here, Waze etc.), esp. in a country like ours with poor update support and constantly changing routes. As long as smartphone support is efficient, it should meet most customer's navigation needs.

Looking forward to the T-BHP review and pricing information. Mid-variant petrol on my radar

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th October 2017 at 01:18.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2017, 10:02   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasJager View Post
- I'm personally a little disappointed that Ford still doesn't provide rear AC vents.
It's good that they have not offered rear AC vents. Space in the rear in terms of legroom and width is already a squeeze, rear AC vents would have made it even more uncomfortable for rear passengers. AC in Ecosport is effective to cool the cabin very quickly so I don't think this is a must.

In another news, dealer of KS Ford, Rajasthan was en route to Goa for the dealer meet. He has confirmed that there will be 2 AT variants this time.

Hopefully Titanium and Titanium+ . Even if its Trend+ and Titanium+ it would be great as there is huge opportunity to fill the gap and need which exists for a fully loaded AT. There are only 2 cars between 10 to 14 lacs bracket which currently offer fully loaded AT with 6 airbags - Honda City and Hyundai Verna.

10.75lacs for Titanium+ AT will be a steal as the next fully loaded competitor would be Verna SX(O) available for 12.5lacs followed by City ZX available for 13.85lacs.

Also hoping for a customization pack available for the Titanium+ offering the sunroof option

Name:  Ecosport.png
Views: 3951
Size:  57.4 KB

Last edited by damager21 : 28th October 2017 at 10:09.
damager21 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th October 2017, 10:24   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
There are only 2 cars between 10 to 14 lacs bracket which currently offer fully loaded AT with 6 airbags - Honda City and Hyundai Verna.

10.75lacs for Titanium+ AT will be a steal as the next fully loaded competitor would be Verna SX(O) available for 12.5lacs followed by City ZX available for 13.85lacs.

Attachment 1689839
The Verna SX(O) is manual. The Verna SX+ is AT. It misses out on some features of the SX(O).
Also the ex-showroom price of the Verna SX(O) diesel is 12,68,990 and the SX+ AT in diesel guise will be more than that
Old 28th October 2017, 10:53   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
The Verna SX(O) is manual. The Verna SX+ is AT. It misses out on some features of the SX(O).
Also the ex-showroom price of the Verna SX(O) diesel is 12,68,990 and the SX+ AT in diesel guise will be more than that
Verna Petrol automatic does have a fully loaded sx(o) variant, with six airbags and the works.
blurust is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2017, 12:35   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
Verna Petrol automatic does have a fully loaded sx(o) variant, with six airbags and the works.
Agree. I was referring to the diesel version. The petrol version comes in the SX(O) trim
Old 28th October 2017, 15:24   #509
BHPian

Ford site has been updated more. Now it shows new Ecosport with other cars offered in India from Ford.

Looks like Titanium + Automatic is confirmed based on one of the pic displayed on the page ( Your Safety, Our Priority ).
Old 28th October 2017, 16:31   #510
BHPian

KS Ford dealer, Rajasthan has confirmed that AT will be launched in Titanium+ variant
Attached Images

damager21 is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks