Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2017, 16:39   #511
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Any news or updates from media drives in Goa? I find absolutely nothing on twitter, as compared to the excitement around Nexon when it was launched.

When you go to Ford Ecosport page on the website, it still details out the older version. https://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecosport/

But the main page, as manish_symc pointed out, has the facelift ES.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-ford-es.jpeg  

Old 28th October 2017, 18:41   #512
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
KS Ford dealer, Rajasthan has confirmed that AT will be launched in Titanium+ variant
My source says the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
Ford site has been updated more. Now it shows new Ecosport with other cars offered in India from Ford.

Looks like Titanium + Automatic is confirmed based on one of the pic displayed on the page ( Your Safety, Our Priority ).
It looks pretty confirmed from my source as well, looks like two variants - best possible explanation says trend plus and titanium plus, titanium plus is definitely there.
Old 28th October 2017, 19:10   #513

Visited the EUREKA FORD, Chennai showroom today noon.

New Ecosport:
- The Sales guy said they will be attending the training in November 1st week and will have the test cars before Nov 9th. Pricing will be announced on same day (they are expecting same price bracket of current variants).
- On Titanium S version where my interest lay, his response - "Titanium S is expected to have a late/delayed launch. From price point expect it to be more like current platinum version"

Current Ecosport:
- On discount for current Ecosport, flat 40K cash discounts currrently on all variants. But expects a bigger drop post Nov 9th. (he was quoting it can roughly touch 80K)
- Also he confirmed there have been more footfalls lately regarding the current diesel ecosport & the negotiable prices on them.

He promised to give me a call back after his training to update on the expected price points & features for Titanium S. So fingers crossed until then.
Old 28th October 2017, 19:28   #514
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Any news or updates from media drives in Goa? I find absolutely nothing on twitter, as compared to the excitement around Nexon when it was launched.
I can share two pictures taken at the venue yesterday morning at Panjim:

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-1.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-2.jpg

Credit to a birdie for these.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 28th October 2017 at 19:29.
RavenAvi is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 28th October 2017, 23:08   #515

I saw a post that said the overall height has been reduced in the facelift. Is there an official confirmation of this. IMHO I feel that ecosport looked much better than its rivals because of the height
Old 28th October 2017, 23:57   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I can share two pictures taken at the venue yesterday morning at Panjim:

Credit to a birdie for these.
Excellent, thanks as always RavenAvi.

Any idea why twitter has been so quiet about the drives and no pictures. Is that a ford imposed regulation or lack of excitement etc..

PS: Saw the MID and I'm so deeply disappointed. It is such a massive downgrade from the US/Brasilian version :(
Old 29th October 2017, 00:09   #517
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tonight's Autocar show on ET Now at 2230 hours will showcase Ecosport's first drive.

Also, Autocar's first drive review will be uploaded on their website by Monday
Here's the direct link to the video:-

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/61301556.cms
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 07:11   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Here's the direct link to the video:-

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/61301556.cms
Thanks for sharing. Looks pretty similar to the existing model, except the touch screen infotainment system (which looks like an afterthought).

I think the success would come down to the price. If it is priced in the range of the current model, it might continue to be Ford's largest selling model. If they get ambitious, the competition would make things difficult. I like the Ecosport for its maneuverability, but it has a really bad low end response (Diesel). You have to floor the throttle to make it move at low RPMs. After the turbo begins to work, things change drastically and it is very pleasant to drive. But in start and stop city traffic, the low end response is important and it wasn't satisfactory at all. Hopefully the new powertrain will be better.
Old 29th October 2017, 09:51   #519
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
KS Ford dealer, Rajasthan has confirmed that AT will be launched in Titanium+ variant
He's a member here, isn't he.

I really hope Ford doesn't provide an AT on Titanium+ (will push the AT to be too expensive) and a lower variant (with no safety features).

The current AT on Titanium (technically, the second highest trim) works well in terms of pricing and being vfm.

Overall, if you leave ICE aside and of course, the front, I wonder if the facelift is that different from the current one. We could see a rush to pick up the current model, at a discount once the prices for the new one are announced.
Old 29th October 2017, 10:21   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
He's a member here, isn't he.

I really hope Ford doesn't provide an AT on Titanium+ (will push the AT to be too expensive) and a lower variant (with no safety features).

The current AT on Titanium (technically, the second highest trim) works well in terms of pricing and being vfm.

Overall, if you leave ICE aside and of course, the front, I wonder if the facelift is that different from the current one. We could see a rush to pick up the current model, at a discount once the prices for the new one are announced.
Isn't ABS + 2 Airbags standard on the Ecosport ?
If it is , then there is no 'major' safety issues if there's an AT in Trend+ & Titanium+ . The differentiation should be on equipment list. Maybe the Titanium+ shall get side+curtain airbags.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 10:40   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Isn't that the actual meaning of "Facelift" ?

New face and some changes to elements (Switchgears, Seats Trim, etc) are termed as Facelift.

If you were expecting Full Design Change, it would be known as the "All New 2018 Ford Ecosport", where it would sport completely different body and interiors.

Ford has done enough changes (Face) to Make this Facelift Ecosport look different from earlier one. Interiors are also different if you look side by side.

Unless a buyer prefers discounts over Product, provided the dealer has old stocks, I don't see any reason why they would pick the old one compared to the much improved and more appealing new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Isn't ABS + 2 Airbags standard on the Ecosport ?
If it is , then there is no 'major' safety issues if there's an AT in Trend+ & Titanium+ . The differentiation should be on equipment list. Maybe the Titanium+ shall get side+curtain airbags.
Trend+ will be the VFM variant. Titanium+ will be model to choose for those who require Extra Safety. That's it, there is not much difference to highlight. If Ford Offers AT in those trims, it will help them immensely. Trend+ under 10 lakhs and Titanium+ for around 10.5 lakhs would be great.
CarguyNish is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 10:45   #522
BHPian

Quote:
I hope Ford does not take a leaf out of other manufacturer's book and skip providing 6 airbags on top AT variant. They have been one of the first manufacturer's in India providing 6 airbags on their vehicles costing around 10lacs and should continue to do so in both manual and automatic variants.
Simhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 11:38   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
I hope Ford does not take a leaf out of other manufacturer's book and skip providing 6 airbags on top AT variant. They have been one of the first manufacturer's in India providing 6 airbags on their vehicles costing around 10lacs and should continue to do so in both manual and automatic variants.
your prayers have been answered, including mine
as said before, titanium plus with six airbags is confirmed for automatic.

Last edited by blurust : 29th October 2017 at 11:39. Reason: adding text
blurust is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 11:39   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
I like the Ecosport for its maneuverability, but it has a really bad low end response (Diesel). You have to floor the throttle to make it move at low RPMs. After the turbo begins to work, things change drastically and it is very pleasant to drive. But in start and stop city traffic, the low end response is important and it wasn't satisfactory at all. Hopefully the new powertrain will be better.
A bit but
I would humbly defer from that statement. I ve been driving the EcoSport diesel in Chennai traffic for the last four years and have actually admired its grunt at lower RPM. Flooring the pedal does not work with EcoSport. It is actually counter productive. Gentle push actually gets the turbo kick coming in as early as around 1600 rpm. That's how the engine is tuned. Also as a rule, I always pull off from standstill in first gear and that makes a difference too.
Jude300 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 11:53   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Saw the MID and I'm so deeply disappointed. It is such a massive downgrade from the US/Brasilian version :(
Agreed. MID looks horrible in what otherwise seems to be fairly good looking and well equipped interiors. The variant reviewed by ACI seems to be the Titanium variant.

We will have to wait and see if the Titanium+ variant gets the color MID available in the US and Brazilian version.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-ecosport.png  

damager21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks