Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2017, 16:03   #571
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote from Business Today link

Quote:
With the new Ford EcoSport facelift already arriving at showrooms across the country ahead of its launch in Indian markets, stock-clearance discounts up to Rs 1 lakh are being offered on its older version. Dealerships are also offering cash benefits, finance options and exchange offers on the pre-facelift model.
Two points:
1. Someone was quering on the discount on outgoing model
2. Facelift is already available in display?
Old 30th October 2017, 16:15   #572
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Where SVP is putting out a mini review of the new ES, check out the video below:

Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-1.jpg  

Vish_Janu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 16:30   #573
BHPian

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1509361056.519379.jpg That fog lamp enclosure with two body colour slats looks out of place as if it's an after thought by Ford.
Old 30th October 2017, 16:48   #574

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
If that's the consensus, then I may have experienced a bad example. It was a Zoomcar, so could have been maintenance related. I agree about the Clutch and Gearshift. But I was struggling to make it move in the first gear from the traffic signals, especially on the highway. It felt quite slow, and hence the observation. Thanks.
I drive my father-in-laws Ecosport (Diesel) quite a bit, and I share your opinion that the Ecosport has really bad low end response; in-fact that is one of the two negatives that I can think of about Ecosport. Just, so that, you know you are not alone in your opinion
iambasilmathew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 17:08   #575
BHPian

Is there anyone who has managed to get max discount on current model? I am going to showroom tomorrow and know for sure that they have some 1.5ATs in stock. I can live with current model if it comes with good discounts as I think i will lose only on some non critical features.
I plan to exchange my current car n hence also counting on exchange bonus.
Old 30th October 2017, 17:13   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
Is there anyone who has managed to get max discount on current model? I am going to showroom tomorrow and know for sure that they have some 1.5ATs in stock.
Please do let us know the discounts they offer you.
Old 30th October 2017, 17:16   #577
Senior - BHPian

On the pricing front, there isnt any room for increase in the petrol price. The current difference between same petrol and diesel trims is 1L that too on road for almost all trims. This is also one of the reasons why most buyers have chosen the diesel as its more value comparatively (apart from the fact that the petrol was not great).

Now with current discounts if true and available widely, the pre-facelift diesel would work out to be of the same price as facelift dragon petrol. Damm, with one lakh discount, the Ecosport would now be cheaper than Brezza diesel by a decent margin.
Old 30th October 2017, 17:19   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there anyone who has managed to get max discount on current model?
^^^ Last week I visited the showroom, but there weren't any good discounts. I too was thinking of squeezing discount on outgoing models, but the following key factors that Ford has addressed made me wait for new version rather than old one:
1. Front seat too snug for broad frame. I wear 42 size but still front seats were snug. (now seat is widened)
2. Primitive entertainment unit (great touch screen)
3. No leather seats. (now should be there in titanium+)
4. Hard suspension (supposedly addressed)
5. Rear seat comfort (now addressed by arm rest/heightened seat)
6. Performance of AT unit. I was not too satisfied with the AT unit's performance. I think with new conventional torque converter and new engine, the NVH levels and smoothness should be better.

This made me feel that 1-1.5L discount on old model wouldn't justify the sacrifice of a new version. I know this is unasked essay, but I hope you consider these points.
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 17:22   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
. I did not know that the outgoing car did not have either of those.
Hi aryarush,

Even the outgoing model of ES has the automatic headlamps and rain sesing wipers. Please find the brochure of the outgoing ES model lifted from the company's website

Cheers
AutoAficionado!!
Old 30th October 2017, 17:22   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there anyone who has managed to get max discount on current model? I am going to showroom tomorrow and know for sure that they have some 1.5ATs in stock. I can live with current model if it comes with good discounts as I think i will lose only on some non critical features.
I plan to exchange my current car n hence also counting on exchange bonus.
Hey there's a new engine to deal with, so you think a new engine is non critical It's unanimous decision that the new Dragon 1.5 L 3 cyl is better in every way than the outgoing 1.5L sigma petrol and the DCT has had it's fair share of failures compared to the old school torque converter auto box; I'm not ready to buy into the argument it's coming in the interests of costs; I feel a torque converter works better and is more durable than a DCT in the stop and go Indian urban traffic grind: it's Ford's way saying that DCT isn't too durable for Indian conditions.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 30th October 2017 at 17:24.
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 17:38   #581
Senior - BHPian

The review of new EcoSport is out on ACI

RM Motorsports is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 18:07   #582
BHPian

More info regarding tyres coming from Kushan Mitra, through his Instagram posts:

"Alloy comparison of the ‘all-new’ #fordecosport first picture is the 17-inch alloys on the Titanium+ with 205/50 Bridgestone Ecopla, which are fairly noisy. The Titanium spec alloys in the second picture are 16-inches with 205/60 MRF ZV2K tyres."
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-1.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-2.jpg  

Vish_Janu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 18:08   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan2k2 View Post
Attachment 1690605 That fog lamp enclosure with two body colour slats looks out of place as if it's an after thought by Ford.
This on the exterior and the MID on the interior are by far the ugliest parts of this car.
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 18:30   #584
BHPian

So there is no Titanium S coming. At least not this year. Confirmed to me on twitter by Kushan and SVP.

Looks like Diesel remains more fun to drive, but AT is the practical choice for city commutes. Works for me
Attached Thumbnails

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-2.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-3.jpg  

Vish_Janu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 18:32   #585
BHPian

I am not the one who changes car frequently (intent to use it for 7-8 years), and looking for a decent vehicle that's low on maintenance, and with good build quality.

So , for a running of up to 500-800 km/month and occasional long drives, the new Ecosport Petrol version may fit my above requirements , correct.

I am still waiting for the on-road price in Bangalore for the Titanium version.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed