Old 31st October 2017, 21:46   #646

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

There is a major sales training going on for the new EcoSport at the hotel I am staying in Chennai. I am usually quite alert about cars, but I must say that I had not noticed the 7 or 8 new EcoSports lined up in front of the hotel. From the rear they looked absolutely same as the outgoing model. As I passed by it suddenly struck me and turned around to look at the front and realised that these are new ones. Maybe ardent EcoSport fans can spot the differences from the side and rear. Spoke to a few guys who have come down from Ford for the training.

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_20171031_142841.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_20171031_14283001.jpeg
BlackPearl is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 22:01   #647

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Originally Posted by CoolFire View Post
From what is available on the leaked brochure, the difference between variants, apart from minor interior touches -

Titanium + over Titanium
-EBA, ESC, TCS, Hill start assist
-Side and curtain airbags
-Leather seats
-17 inch alloy wheels
-Cruise control with adjustable speed limiter
-ISOFIX
-Rain sensing wipers
-auto head lamps
-Rear view camera
-60:40/Flat bed seats
-Auto day night mirror
- AT ONLY - Paddle shifts
Must for me -

- Side and curtain airbags

- Leather seats - I really like T+ Ecosport seats. These seats make the difference when you enter in T+.

- Cruise control - Must in my car though I occasionally go for long trips.

- Auto day night mirror

Friends,
I am still looking answer to my earlier question. Putting that here again.

======
I need help that which variant to go for, whether petrol or diesel.
Though, presently my running is under 800-900 km per month but since i will be keeping the car for long 7-8 years and not sure in future my running may go up or down.

If petrol, then question comes manual or automatic. I have heard that Automatics give really bad mileage.

I am choosing ecosport for safety reasons but at the same time want to keep running cost minimum.
=======

Please help.
Old 31st October 2017, 22:06   #648

Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
...I need help that which variant to go for, whether petrol or diesel....since i will be keeping the car for long 7-8 years and not sure in future my running may go up or down.

I have heard that Automatics give really bad mileage....want to keep running cost minimum....Please help.
From the quoted pieces, I think FE is quite important for you. Diesel is the obvious choice for you in this case.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 22:09   #649

Must for me -

I am choosing ecosport for safety reasons but at the same time want to keep running cost minimum.
=======

Please help.
For the monthly kms that you plan to use, i would any day recommend the Petrol and AT for sure. I currently own the Ecosport AT and within city i get 11.5 which is comparable to most ATs. AT mileage depends on your driving style, if you have a sedate driving style AT should be fine.
Chillout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 22:11   #650

The new one should be available in the showrooms by this weekend / Monday. Prices at launch time, -- as told by Sales Advisor.

Looking at the specs sheet, the safety features are packed into the top variant, which means one will have to shell out quite a bit to get these.

Refresh or not, the Ecosport stands out in one aspect. Many hatch-turned-sedans look like they got a boot pasted to the back of the hatch. With the Ecosport, it looks like either they attached a bonnet to the car, or just stretched the bonnet of a compact car to elongate it to the 4m mark.

Looks part, putting all the safety features in the Trend+ only has almost removed the VFM part of the ES.
Old 31st October 2017, 22:32   #651

Looks part, putting all the safety features in the Trend+ only has almost removed the VFM part of the ES.
How so ?, I don’t understand, abs and two airbags are standard right from ambiente. Only change is additional HLA,EBA,TC,ESP in trend+ auto. I think it’s incredible value for money. Let me know if I have misunderstood though.
blurust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 22:42   #652

Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Went to a Ford showroom in Mumbai. There was not a single customer in the showroom.
I booked two weeks back at Harpreet Ford, Delhi - for Rs 25000.

Last edited by aah78 : 31st October 2017 at 23:38. Reason: Please do not quote large posts entirely. Quote relevant sections only. Thank you!
Vish_Janu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 22:52   #653

Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Went to a Ford showroom in Mumbai. There was not a single customer in the showroom.

As expected they did not have the new Ecosport on display yet. I asked them what their plans were, the SA mentioned that the training is still On so they do not have any details about the new Ecosport and don't know when it will be up for display. The SA claimed that he did not have any info about the new Ecosport as training is still On. I didn't want to waste my time wanting to know about the variants. I wanted to check seating space in the old Ecosport as that in the new one will be similar.

I told the SA that the launch is on 9th Nov so can I expect to see it in flesh on 9th? He mentioned that 9th Nov is a launch date which is floating online but they do not have any concrete information from Ford yet so as soon as the details are available he will call me.

I asked him about the bookings as well, he mentioned bookings open next week.

He asked me to fill my details on a form and after 5mins following is the conversation we.....
Could you tell me which Ford dealer did you contact? I'm asking since I have been in touch with SC Ford, Malad, and they had assured a soft launch at the dealership on 2 November for old/repeat customers, but as of tonight, there's complete radio silence. I'd even contacted Kavish Ford at Powai who had also assured me of a call back, but I haven't heard from them either.
Old 31st October 2017, 23:13   #654

Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
I booked two weeks back at Harpreet Ford, Delhi - for Rs 25000
Harpreet ford gurgaon is insisting on not accepting the booking unless they have a company confirmation for the same. They will start when bookings open officially.

Last edited by blurust : 31st October 2017 at 23:26.
Old 1st November 2017, 00:07   #655

from the leaked brochure, I understand that you can't get Titanium+ and the 6 airbags etc. with a Petrol MT? I was already disappointed with the lack of ecoboost this time, but this is another negative.
Old 1st November 2017, 06:45   #656

The manual transmission is available at all trim levels, including Titanium+, if my understanding of the brochure is correct. However, it is a bit confusing the way it is designed. I think the giveaway is that it says “AT only” for the paddle shifters, which clearly means that there's going to be a non-AT version of the trim. Also, several publications have said that the advanced active safety features like ESP, HLA and TCS are available in the top spec trim with a manual transmission. It is pretty much confirmed.
Old 1st November 2017, 09:16   #657

Friends,
I am still looking answer to my earlier question. Putting that here again.

======
If petrol, then question comes manual or automatic. I have heard that Automatics give really bad mileage.

=======

Please help.
In the Overdrive first drive video posted a couple of pages back you can see in the MID that the average fuel consumption is 5.8 km/ ltr. They also say that the manufacture claimed efficiency is 17 km/ltr. I hope the real time figures for city is in the range of 10 km/ltr.

I am happy to see that there is a fully loaded Titanium+ variant for the AT, unlike other manufacturers. Paddle shifts will be a very userful feature; cruise control too if you are regular on highway.

Sad to see that there is no rear AC vent, atleast a top mounted rear AC vent would have been useful.
Old 1st November 2017, 09:33   #658

Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
For the monthly kms that you plan to use, i would any day recommend the Petrol and AT for sure. I currently own the Ecosport AT and within city i get 11.5 which is comparable to most ATs. AT mileage depends on your driving style, if you have a sedate driving style AT should be fine.
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
In the Overdrive first drive video posted a couple of pages back you can see in the MID that the average fuel consumption is 5.8 km/ ltr. They also say that the manufacture claimed efficiency is 17 km/ltr. I hope the real time figures for city is in the range of 10 km/ltr.

I am happy to see that there is a fully loaded Titanium+ variant for the AT, unlike other manufacturers. Paddle shifts will be a very userful feature; cruise control too if you are regular on highway.

Sad to see that there is no rear AC vent, atleast a top mounted rear AC vent would have been useful.

From the quoted pieces, I think FE is quite important for you. Diesel is the obvious choice for you in this case.
Thanks all for your inputs. I am waiting for price list to decide which car to pick.
Old 1st November 2017, 10:23   #659

Probably I missed.

Does front armrest slide? If so does it have the usable range or just a gimmick like most of the other cars(in <10 lacs bracket) having armrest which can barely be used even after setting the seats for a 6 footer. Rear AC vent is not so important feature on my expectation. But if the front armrest has single position then it is just an attempt to fool the customers.

Is lower variant 6.5" screen similar to bigger one in terms of specs and functionality or some features have been deleted?

Looking at feature list I found Trend+ to be decently equipped and leaving room to add leather upholstery to my liking. Also i liked the design of 16" wheels instead of 17". It will be interesting to see how they price it compared to Nexon.
Old 1st November 2017, 10:33   #660

Ford Ecosport has always been a formidable car. Styling was never an issue. Even lack or addition of a few features was never a game changer.

The only issue which i see for Ford Ecosport lagging behind competitors in numbers is
restricted coverage/network.

Though Ford has come with with a better petrol engine and a better automatic which is surely going to drive up numbers, it has not addressed the real issue. Hopefully Ford is listening !!!