Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2017, 18:34   #691
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

The Ford India website is now updated showing all details of the new Ecosport. Attached is the brochure from the website.

The website shows 10 variants all together, 5 each for petrol and diesel. The Trent+ and Titanium+ for petrol are only available with automatic transmission
Attached Files
File Type: pdf brochure-oct-web-new ecosport.pdf (3.52 MB, 2054 views)
nikhil_d1106 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 19:08   #692
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post

In any case, I have realised that there is a clear choice between fuel economy and the trio of build quality, performance and safety for any vehicle manufacturer, and it is high time we rewarded those that consciously choose the latter over the former in a country where fuel economy is placed on a pedestal and regarded as the highest virtue for any vehicle by a majority of the market.

The EcoSport is the only car well under ₹20 lacs that gives you a six-speed automatic transmission, cruise control and paddle shifters in a rigidly built vehicle that is loaded with active and passive (potentially lifesaving) safety features like six airbags, brake assist, ESP, HLA, TCS, TPMS and automatic headlamps and wipers, among many others.

The mileage is the least of my concerns.
I second this. If mileage figures are really important to you, get a diesel. But then you do miss out on the automatic. It doesn't matter which way you look at it, there are a few things you will always compromise upon!

What do you want to compromise on? You and your loved ones safety, or your pocket? Choose well.
DasJager is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 19:14   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
I'm sorry I am confused, 17 kmpl is for the manual and 14.8 for automatic according to the brochure. do you have the figures for the old tivct engine ??
The ARAI figures for Petrol MT and AT were 15.8 and 15.6 kmpl respectively.

The new one uses a torque converter, so loss in mileage is expected. But 14.8 kmpl is disappointing as it is much lower than the outgoing model.
Old 1st November 2017, 19:36   #694
BHPian

Any inkling what the Titanium Diesel is likely to cost on road in Mumbai? A range even?

And about that grille. After the Aspire, this is the second time I fell in love with a chrome-face. But then I saw the matt silver option. That looks so amazeballs with the Lightening Blue colour. Any idea if that will be provided as a dealer option even?
Old 1st November 2017, 19:45   #695
Senior - BHPian

Here is review of Ecosport from Motoroctane

Old 1st November 2017, 20:01   #696
BHPian

I am hoping Ford will price the Ecosport well.I remember Ford had stated earlier that it would localize its cars higher so that they are able to save costs,which in turn would lead to better equipped cars.If that statement is anything to go by,higher localisation of Ecosport should mean that the new car,with more fetaures,will be priced at approximately the same price region,at least initially.

P.S-I am hoping the price of Titanium+MT petrol to be in the region of 10.5 lakh ex-showroom.It would seriously be a great buy at this price.
Old 1st November 2017, 20:01   #697
BHPian

Ford Ecosport available in 7 colors
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-1.png
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-2.png
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-3.png
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-4.png
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-5.png
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-6.png
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-7.png

Multicolor Footwell Ambiente Lamps
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-11.jpg

Sliding Arm rest
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-12.png
damager21 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 21:24   #698
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
The ARAI figures for Petrol MT and AT were 15.8 and 15.6 kmpl respectively.

The new one uses a torque converter, so loss in mileage is expected. But 14.8 kmpl is disappointing as it is much lower than the outgoing model.
This would be a downer for many. The FE of the Automatic Ecopsort is already nothing to write home about. I have been getting 9-10 kmpl in city traffic. The torque converter unit in my i10 returns only 8-9 kmpl. The same unit in a much heavier Ecosport will mean even lesser FE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Sliding Arm rest
Any idea if this can be retrofitted in the older Ecosport?
Old 1st November 2017, 21:30   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car's Paradise View Post
Dear Sir,

AFAIK, the Titanium variant will have an Halogen bulb with a projector lens for the low beam, and Titanium+ variant will have an HID bulb with a projector lens for the low beam.

Ford Endevour also has a Halogen+Projector setup in Trend Variant & HID+Projector setup in Titanium variant.

Regards
Car's Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Thanks for the information. What about high beam set up then, and what would be the light color of the fog lamps?

Nope. The Titanium+ will have only halogen projectors. No HID (white light) sadly for any of the variants.
Old 1st November 2017, 22:10   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_d1106 View Post
The Ford India website is now updated showing all details of the new Ecosport. Attached is the brochure from the website.

The website shows 10 variants all together, 5 each for petrol and diesel. The Trent+ and Titanium+ for petrol are only available with automatic transmission
Not able to see if tilt and telescopic steering is available across all variants. Any clues around this?
Old 1st November 2017, 23:02   #701
BHPian

Pretty descriptive video. Worth watching.
Old 1st November 2017, 23:09   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_d1106 View Post
The Trent+ and Titanium+ for petrol are only available with automatic transmission

Rather, AT is available in Trend+ and Titanium + only. The trims will be available with manual transmissions as well.

Edit: you are right. My bad.

Last edited by avingodb : 1st November 2017 at 23:11.
Old 1st November 2017, 23:23   #703
Team-BHP Support

If it's true that the '+' variants are AT-only, it's a bummer.
One VFM, the other fully loaded, neither available in MT guise. I am a potential Trend+ MT (petrol) customer, and this will probably be a deal-breaker for me.

What is it with manufacturers? Why can't customers have the exact same spec with transmissions of their choice?

P.S. Minor detail, but the website has the picture wrong for the Trend+ Petrol model too, others seem accurate instead of generic top-model pictures usually used across the board.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st November 2017 at 23:35.
Old 1st November 2017, 23:27   #704
BHPian

All five trims are available with a manual transmission. Relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Nope. The Titanium+ will have only halogen projectors. No HID (white light) sadly for any of the variants.
You're wrong. The Titanium+ trim, at the very least, has white HIDs. Perhaps the Titanium has them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
Not able to see if tilt and telescopic steering is available across all variants. Any clues around this?
All variants get telescopic and tilt power assisted steering with pull drift compensation.

Last edited by aryayush : 1st November 2017 at 23:28.
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 23:33   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
All five trims are available with a manual transmission. Relax.

You're wrong. The Titanium+ trim, at the very least, has white HIDs. Perhaps the Titanium has them too.
Please refer to post #608 in this thread, where the brochure of the car has been posted. I think it will be all clear to you then.

Sorry to disappoint but there is no HID in the Ecosport.

It has projector headlamps sure, but those are halogen projectors not HID/LED.

Please also refer to the Zigwheels review of the EcoSport "If you pick the top-spec Titanium or Titanium+ variant you get halogen projectors and a sweet daytime-running lamp setup too"

Last edited by akhil994 : 1st November 2017 at 23:38. Reason: Adding review quote
Closed Thread

Most Viewed