Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2017, 23:44   #706
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The torque converter unit in my i10 returns only 8-9 kmpl. The same unit in a much heavier Ecosport will mean even lesser FE.
i10 has a 4 speed unit. The Ecosport a 6 speed one.
I hope the latter should return better FE.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 23:46   #707
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

I did not see TPMS mentioned in the brochure while most reviewers have confirmed the same
Old 2nd November 2017, 00:06   #708
BHPian

There are other things present that aren't mentioned in the brochure, like the telescopic and tilt adjustable steering. But it's odd that Ford neglected to mention a segment first feature. Perhaps they're ashamed of showing a photograph of the MID (which they would have to to show the TPMS) in the brochure. Don't laugh, it's quite likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Please refer to post #608 in this thread, where the brochure of the car has been posted. I think it will be all clear to you then.

Sorry to disappoint but there is no HID in the Ecosport.

It has projector headlamps sure, but those are halogen projectors not HID/LED.

Please also refer to the Zigwheels review of the EcoSport "If you pick the top-spec Titanium or Titanium+ variant you get halogen projectors and a sweet daytime-running lamp setup too"
I got a bit confused about terminology. The lights are halogens, not HIDs—but they are white.

Last edited by aryayush : 2nd November 2017 at 00:12.
Old 2nd November 2017, 00:27   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post

I got a bit confused about terminology. The lights are halogens, not HIDs—but they are white.
Again I will say, the lights are not white. The pictures of Halogen projectors always show the light to be white in shade. But they are not white. White light can only be in case of HID/LED projectors.

Case in point : Refer to the brochure of the recently launched Nexon. The picture showing the headlamp will make you believe it is white light. But in reality it is not.
akhil994 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 00:33   #710
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
All five trims are available with a manual transmission. Relax. ....
Hopefully yes, but then it's surprising why there are no MT '+' variants listed in either model compare or the brochure for the Petrol engine.

Quote:
There are other things present that aren't mentioned in the brochure, like the telescopic and tilt adjustable steering....
Tilt/telescopic steering is mentioned in the brochure, it's in the list of common features across the board.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 2nd November 2017 at 01:00.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 00:58   #711
BHPian

Although I wish for the contrary,but I think + variants,at least Titanium+is not available for Petrol MT.I say this mainly for two reasons:-

1) All the review videos show Titanium+ models for AT petrol,but there is no video showing Titanium+ video for MT model.Autocar reviewed Titanium for MT,although for AT model they reviewed Titanium+ model,according to pictures in magazine.Also,according to the current trends,most manufacturers give highest variants for review,then why will Ford give Titanium version for reviewing MT models and not the + variants.

2)Even the EcoSport webpage doesn't show Titanium+ MT listed under variants.
harmanjeet14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 01:17   #712
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Comprehensive safety package for both AT and MT in Titanium + trim.

Now both MT and AT gets the following in Titanium +
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Petrol Trend+ and Petrol Titanium+ variants are available in both MT & AT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Petrol(MT & AT) Titanium+ will be getting those features as standard.
Titanium+ Manual & Automatic in both forms (Petrol & Diesel)
Quote:
The manual transmission is available at all trim levels, including Titanium+
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmanjeet14 View Post
I am hoping the price of Titanium+MT petrol to be in the region of 10.5 lakh ex-showroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Rather, AT is available in Trend+ and Titanium + only. The trims will be available with manual transmissions as well.
Quote:
All five trims are available with a manual transmission. Relax.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Hopefully yes, but then it's surprising why there are no MT '+' variants listed in either model compare or the brochure for the Petrol engine.
To clear the confusion, here are the 10 variants the 2017 Ford EcoSport facelift will be launched in, come November 9th:

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-ecs.jpg

Notice the Gross Vehicle Weight figures in the official brochure:

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-spc.jpg

Petrol MT = Ambiente, Trend & Titanium.
Petrol AT = Trend+ & Titanium+.
Diesel MT = Ambiente, Trend, Trend+, Titanium, Titanium+.
Diesel AT = --- N . A . ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by DImPo View Post
As per my understanding of the brochure(Transmission part), the Petrol Trend+ and Petrol Titanium+ variants are available in Automatic transmission only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
from the leaked brochure, I understand that you can't get Titanium+ and the 6 airbags etc. with a Petrol MT?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_d1106 View Post
The website shows 10 variants all together, 5 each for petrol and diesel. The Trent+ and Titanium+ for petrol are only available with automatic transmission
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
If it's true that the '+' variants are AT-only, it's a bummer.
One VFM, the other fully loaded, neither available in MT guise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmanjeet14 View Post
Although I wish for the contrary,but I think + variants,at least Titanium+is not available for Petrol MT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
Are those 17" alloys only in Titanium+
Yes.

BTW, the EcoSport "S" variant will come 5-6 months' down the line. Possibly by April 2018.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 2nd November 2017 at 01:20.
RavenAvi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 01:43   #713
BHPian

Couple of points in the video which is in contrast with the brochure.
1) he mentions three automatic variants
2) he says traction control is available in titanium version as well
3) brochure says 4 speakers, he says 7

Last edited by blurust : 2nd November 2017 at 01:45.
Old 2nd November 2017, 06:56   #714
BHPian

I think it's clear Ford wants to price it cleverly hence no MT and AT overlaps for top variant. Diesel gets a simple MT choice of variants. Looks similar to City variants positioning where Zx CVT got mega bookings because of AT and all rest features.
hondacity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 07:24   #715
BHPian

Did Ford swap the wiper - indicator stalks again back to 'Euro style'?
In this pic from the brochure, the wiper stalks are seen on the right side of the steering column.
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-eco.jpg
Old 2nd November 2017, 07:29   #716
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
i10 has a 4 speed unit. The Ecosport a 6 speed one.
I hope the latter should return better FE.
The DCT is supposed to return better FE than a torque converter unit. And the DCT box in Ecosport only manages to return around 9-10 kmpl. So expect this new one to give even lesser. No wonder ARAI figures are also low and indicate the same.
Old 2nd November 2017, 08:10   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The DCT is supposed to return better FE than a torque converter unit. And the DCT box in Ecosport only manages to return around 9-10 kmpl. So expect this new one to give even lesser. No wonder ARAI figures are also low and indicate the same.
The manufacturing cost of a dct is more than a conventional unit hence to price is competitively Ford may have taken this route. Although I may be totally wrong if the price is increased significantly on 9th.

Ford has already increased price several times since last year back to original post budget 2016 levels. Seing competition from nexon and ever increasing brezza volumes its unlikely they'll want to hit themselves with hammers.

A tag of 8.99 for trend plus AT and a lac extra for Top AT variants will set the bells ringing in my humble opinion.
Old 2nd November 2017, 08:22   #718
BHPian

So Ford went from not offering the top variant with an automatic transmission (like most manufactures) to not doing so with a manual (which no one does). I'm happy that I get the automatic top model that I wanted but this is a poor move. Perhaps they have the numbers to show that most manual transmission customers go for the second trim not the topmost one, but I still think they should've been given the option to be able to buy a car with cruise control, leather seats and, most importantly, the better safety package—particularly when the automatic transmission reduces the car's mileage significantly.
aryayush is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 08:33   #719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

BTW, the EcoSport "S" variant will come 5-6 months' down the line. Possibly by April 2018.
Quote:
So Ford went from not offering the top variant with an automatic transmission (like most manufactures) to not doing so with a manual (which no one does).
Maybe Ford comes up with the elusive "S" variant in Petrol guise only. In that case, the price can be kept in check. Or even a Diesel "S" variant being their top of line offering.
Old 2nd November 2017, 08:53   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Thank you RavenAvi! How reliable is this information? Any chances S can arrive before that? I need a new car soon, as I was planning to sell my beloved i20 by the end of this year. So it would be great if the S is being launched sooner than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
Couple of points in the video which is in contrast with the brochure.
1) he mentions three automatic variants
2) he says traction control is available in titanium version as well
3) brochure says 4 speakers, he says 7
Yes I noticed some of the things he has mentioned are factually wrong, but nonetheless the videos gives a very good look and feel of the car. So just ignore the few errors, we have enough clarity about the variant wise features, thanks to Team-Bhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Maybe Ford comes up with the elusive "S" variant in Petrol guise only. In that case, the price can be kept in check. Or even a Diesel "S" variant being their top of line offering.
Considering my usage, I hope it's a diesel S, that's what I will put my money on. And I am pretty sure we will be getting the diesel S if the scoop RavenAvi posted (Post #329) is any indication.
DasJager is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks