Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2017, 23:38   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

During a chat with a Ford supplier, I was told that
Ecosport 2017 facelift is going to be launched on 20th Jun.

I don't find any dates here on this thread. Can anyone confirm ?
kpzen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 11:11   #62
BHPian

Wow, if that's true it opens up a treat to the prospective suv buyers in the market. This sure makes a lot of sense now that gst is all but out of the way, we can look at some nice feature list and possible nifty upgrades to the exciting ecosport.
Old 17th June 2017, 20:36   #63
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

A good chance for Ford to throw in a fully loaded diesel auto in to the mix. It is frustrating to see that even today there is no compact SUV with Auto tranny in the diesel top end version! One has to go all the way up to Tucson and I just hate spending silly money on my daily drive.
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 21:02   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
A good chance for Ford to throw in a fully loaded diesel auto in to the mix. It is frustrating to see that even today there is no compact SUV with Auto tranny in the diesel top end version! One has to go all the way up to Tucson and I just hate spending silly money on my daily drive.
Well - there may just be one compact SUV with AT (diesel) - the Mahindra TUV. But whether it would tick your requirement boxes I wouldn't be able to guess.
I agree that the Ecosport would do well to come out with a diesel AT variant (and maybe AWD as well?).
Old 18th June 2017, 14:19   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Well - there may just be one compact SUV with AT (diesel) - the Mahindra TUV. But whether it would tick your requirement boxes I wouldn't be able to guess.
I agree that the Ecosport would do well to come out with a diesel AT variant (and maybe AWD as well?).
Well, for starters it is an AMT. Did not like it in Celerio, the only AMT I have driven till date. More importantly, don't like the looks of TUV
Old 18th June 2017, 18:25   #66

Not sure if this thread was updated about the sighting of 4WD badge on the rear, i did saw the new upcoming ES with 4WD badge in the rear on the flat bed truck with no camouflage near perungalathur, Chennai
dkarthikkeyan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2017, 22:32   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post

Damn that will be cruel. I just bought mine a couple of months ago since I couldn't wait till end of this year which was the expected time for the updated model to launch. Even my sister in law picked up an Ecosport AT last week.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2017, 23:21   #68
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkarthikkeyan View Post
Not sure if this thread was updated about the sighting of 4WD badge on the rear, i did saw the new upcoming ES with 4WD badge in the rear on the flat bed truck with no camouflage near perungalathur, Chennai
So it's being transported to the showrooms already?
Old 19th June 2017, 04:57   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkarthikkeyan View Post
Just curious if it had the spare wheel on the hatch?
Old 19th June 2017, 11:16   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Damn that will be cruel. I just bought mine a couple of months ago since I couldn't wait till end of this year which was the expected time for the updated model to launch. Even my sister in law picked up an Ecosport AT last week.
Mohit, I'm considering the AT once the refresh is launched in October. Wondering if you drove it and what were your impressions of it?
Old 19th June 2017, 11:20   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

I had the exact same feeling since I bought mine in May. But honestly don't think Ford will launch this without any fanfare so June launch is doubtful. I don't think we would see one coming before the festive season. With Brezza having a longer waiting time, they could push the Ecosport during the high demand season.
My SA also confirmed that the launch is no where near, but he could be bluffing to avoid me postponing my decision which wasn't going to for sure. Nonetheless, waiting for the ecosport to be the blue eyed boy of the segment again.
Old 19th June 2017, 11:23   #72
BHPian

Guys, so over the weekend I went to Harpreet Ford, Moti Nagar in Delhi to test drive different variants of the Ecosport. I drive i20 1.4 CRDI currently, so my impressions were based on that:

1) EcoBoost - Woefully underpowered and overrated. I found power lacking throughout and I'm not even considering it for my purchase

2) TDCI - I would say the diesel was equal in power and driving as my current i20, thus I enjoyed it a lot more. But somehow I don't want my next car to be a diesel again due to maintenance costs etc

3) Automatic - Every time I have asked on phone, and even when I visited them, their automatic version seems to be "in the service station". I wonder if they even bloody have it! The service rep told me sales for automatic are low, still no excuse for perpetual unavailability.

At this time, can I ask you guys for your PoV on the above, and especially what you guys think of the AT version, as I'm inclined towards buying that post the Diwali refresh. Is the Automatic version fun to drive? enough power? Thank you.
Old 19th June 2017, 11:25   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post

If this is true then its a 'Voila' for me. I am waiting for GST to be implemented to make a decision on a new ride. Ecosport and Creta are on top of my list. The ford SA mentioned to me that Ecosport is not coming in 2017 - may be to convert his sale. But now this news brings me a joy. One more day to go, but I seriously doubt about its authenticity. There is no speculation and even rumours in the market for it being launched so early?
Old 19th June 2017, 12:25   #74
Team-BHP Support

Even discounting total silence from Ford (highly unlikely for a major update), there's ZERO chance nobody has spotted a production spec unit anywhere for a car supposedly launching tomorrow.

I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 19th June 2017, 12:34   #75
BHPian

I visited Ford showroom on Saturday. The SA said that they do not have any communication from company related to new facelift. It is expected in October and might end up next year as well. He might be interested in clearing his current stock and did not give correct picture.

But, I am not seeing any signs at all of a June launch. Also, with GST going live from 1st July, it might not be wise to launch it now and revise the pricing in a month again. If at all they unveil it in June, the bookings won't start until July.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed