Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2017, 15:14   #736
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
Here in Siliguri, the folks at Gateway Ford say that official bookings have not yet begun. I've booked the 1.5L Petrol Titanium+ AT unofficially. Apparently, they've received about fifteen bookings so far, none for the AT variants.
Interesting, here they say people are asking about AT more, and contrary to popular belief, if I can say that, there are a lot of people picking up old model because of discounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhopudey View Post
Congrats! Which colour?
Thanks ! Smoke grey

Last edited by blurust : 2nd November 2017 at 15:16.
blurust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 15:27   #737
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

It is a toss up between Canyon Ridge and Smoke Grey for us, but we have booked Canyon Ridge for now.

Now that we know which tires we are getting, can we talk about potential upgrades? Do you guys think an alloy or tyre upgrade is needed on the Titanium+ trim?
Old 2nd November 2017, 16:23   #738

People looking to book, see what I found online http://wap.business-standard.com/art...0200913_1.html
kaushikz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 16:42   #739
BHPian

Quote:
It is a toss up between Canyon Ridge and Smoke Grey for us, but we have booked Canyon Ridge for now.

Now that we know which tires we are getting, can we talk about potential upgrades? Do you guys think an alloy or tyre upgrade is needed on the Titanium+ trim?
Ayush, we are in the same boat. I have booked Titanium + in Smoke Grey, and been thinking if tyres require an upgrade.

Any update on when deliveries begin? I'm also quite disappointed by lack of white light projectors, thinking to replace that as well.
Old 2nd November 2017, 16:55   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushikz View Post
People looking to book, see what I found online http://wap.business-standard.com/art...0200913_1.html
Quote:
Ford Motor India today said it has tied up with e-commerce major Amazon to sell upcoming updated version of its compact SUV EcoSport.

Under the partnership, the first 123 customers would be able to book the compact SUV online for 24 hours starting November 5.

These customers would be the first ones to get the delivery of the model post its official launch later this month, the company said in a statement.
Very interesting. I wonder how Ford’s dealers will take to this news.

We live in a city where there is only one Ford dealer, who knows us well and has taken our booking without asking for any payment at all. It makes sense for us to start a relationship by purchasing the car through them, given that we’ll be going back to them regularly for repairs and servicing.
Old 2nd November 2017, 17:05   #741
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats on the booking, I have tried looking for better rubber for the ecosport but the problem is 205,50 R 17 is a very weird size, yokohama and michelin do not have tyres in this size
As far as the upgrade is concerned, I don't think ecosport is under tyred. If you guys find some better options in the above mentioned size, kindly let me know.

Last edited by blurust : 2nd November 2017 at 17:11.
Old 2nd November 2017, 17:17   #742
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
Congrats on the booking, I have tried looking for better rubber for the ecosport but the problem is 205,50 R 17 is a very weird size, yokohama and michelin do not have tyres in this size
As far as the upgrade is concerned, I don't think ecosport is under tyred. If you guys find some better options in the above mentioned size, kindly let me know.
Try Creta size (if the sidewall wont hinder the wheel arch - dont think it will be problem) which is 215/60/R17. No idea why Ford is putting on 50 sidewall tyres on a CSUV. It will definitely compromise the comfort. I remember my Ecosport used to have this "Thud" effect everytime it went over a pothole (even busted the sidewall of my tyre in the first week itself).
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 17:40   #743

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
To clear the confusion, here are the 10 variants the 2017 Ford EcoSport facelift will be launched in, come November 9th:

Notice the Gross Vehicle Weight figures in the official brochure:

Petrol MT = Ambiente, Trend & Titanium.
Petrol AT = Trend+ & Titanium+.
Diesel MT = Ambiente, Trend, Trend+, Titanium, Titanium+.
Diesel AT = --- N . A . ---

Yes.

BTW, the EcoSport "S" variant will come 5-6 months' down the line. Possibly by April 2018.
Probably this is everyone's wildest dream .. but what are the odds that ford is trying to plonk the diesel ecoblue engine for its S version then ? Because I do not understand, why would they want to delay the release of Titanium S. Also they have already loaded the new diesel titanium + MT with host of features. Is there any trick up the sleeves of product design team at Ford to uniquely distinguish the Titanium S with an engine upgrade (or) AWD (or) or same engine tuned up in some way or other ?
KartAttack is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 18:28   #744
BHPian

Today, I got call from Talera Ford, Nigdi, Pune and they have started pre-booking of ecosport in Rs 20,000/.
Old 2nd November 2017, 19:05   #745
BHPian

Spoke to one of the Gurgaon dealers who is hinting at 11.5 "ex showroom for Petrol AT. Seems too ambitious to give a fight to Brezza or nexon top spec diesels.
Old 2nd November 2017, 19:09   #746
Senior - BHPian

What is the expected ex-showroom price of Trend+ Auto variant? Is 8.1-8.5L ex-sh reasonable?
For reference Jazz AT V Variant is around 8.45L

Last edited by Latheesh : 2nd November 2017 at 19:11.
Old 2nd November 2017, 19:11   #747
BHPian

PowerDrift say Ford switched from the DCT to a Torque Converter to mitigate clutch burn issues from use in stop-go traffic, i.e. for reliability.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th November 2017 at 08:02. Reason: Video taken down by source
spindoc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 20:17   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
What is the expected ex-showroom price of Trend+ Auto variant? Is 8.1-8.5L ex-sh reasonable?
For reference Jazz AT V Variant is around 8.45L
I think that's a bit too optimistic. I expect the pricing of the trend+ automatic and diesel titanium to be priced at 9.5lakh to 10 lakh range. What ford will save on the engine cost and missing features of titanium will be offset by the automatic gearbox and the associated features like hill assist etc. Also, the jazz is no comparison to the EcoSport.
Old 2nd November 2017, 20:26   #749
BHPian

Interestingly, both PowerDrift and Overdrive state the EcoBoost engine hasn't been discontinued.
Not sure if they are both mistaken or Ford has plans to relaunch it later.
Old 2nd November 2017, 20:35   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartAttack View Post
Probably this is everyone's wildest dream .. but what are the odds that ford is trying to plonk the diesel ecoblue engine for its S version then ? Because I do not understand, why would they want to delay the release of Titanium S. Also they have already loaded the new diesel titanium + MT with host of features. Is there any trick up the sleeves of product design team at Ford to uniquely distinguish the Titanium S with an engine upgrade (or) AWD (or) or same engine tuned up in some way or other ?
I like the way you are thinking!! And yes, this is most likely to remain a dream. But if it does come with the baby EcoBlue engine, I will run to the dealership as fast as Bolt.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks