Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2017, 22:00   #751
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Did Ford swap the wiper - indicator stalks again back to 'Euro style'?
In this pic from the brochure, the wiper stalks are seen on the right side of the steering column.
Attachment 1691703
I don't think so. Took this screen capture from PowerDrift review video. Indicator stalk are in right side as per indian driving style.
I don't think Ford will undo the previous change based on customer feedback. IIRC somewhere in mid 2016 they corrected this problem.

-Ravi
Attached Images

Last edited by ravib : 2nd November 2017 at 22:02.
ravib is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 22:22   #752
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
Today, I got call from Talera Ford, Nigdi, Pune and they have started pre-booking of ecosport in Rs 20,000/.
20k is a reasonable amount, read somewhere in this thread that a dealer was demanding 100k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
Spoke to one of the Gurgaon dealers who is hinting at 11.5 "ex showroom for Petrol AT. Seems too ambitious to give a fight to Brezza or nexon top spec diesels.
11.5 lakhs might be a touch too expensive since the Titanium+ AT gets only few additional features compared to old Titanium AT.

10.3-10.6 lakhs would be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
What is the expected ex-showroom price of Trend+ Auto variant? Is 8.1-8.5L ex-sh reasonable?
For reference Jazz AT V Variant is around 8.45L
Petrol Trend retails for 8.04 lakhs, with AT and additional features, expect Trend+ to slot somewhere between 9-9.5 lakhs. Also, Trend+ is well equipped compared to Jazz V despite the former being a mid variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
Interestingly, both PowerDrift and Overdrive state the EcoBoost engine hasn't been discontinued.
Not sure if they are both mistaken or Ford has plans to relaunch it later.
2 Petrol options in a car that sells higher in Diesel avatar is not what most manufacturers want. Hence I see that EcoBoost being not available at launch. If Petrol Diesel sales is 80:20, Ford may think of getting one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
I don't think so. Took this screen capture from PowerDrift review video. Indicator stalk are in right side as per indian driving style.
It's in RHS configuration, same as what we see in video. Here, in the image, it's mostly of an export RHD version.

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_20171102_222010.jpg

Also, I see a different Climate Control Panel in the E brochure shared few pages back. We get one from Figo.

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-screenshot_20171102221935435_com.google.android.apps.docs.png
CarguyNish is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 22:39   #753
BHPian

The Amazon collaboration is live and up. Petrol variants are available to book on Amazon starting Nov 5th.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-1509642565730.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-1509642577707.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-1509642587361.jpg  

iFuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 07:33   #754
BHPian

I have a feeling petrol AT will have the same price as eco boost manual pre facelift. The higher localization will definitely mean good pricing.
Old 3rd November 2017, 07:56   #755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
I have a feeling petrol AT will have the same price as eco boost manual pre facelift. The higher localization will definitely mean good pricing.
The pricing will really depend on the volume that Ford is planning for the new engine - both the Indian market and exports - some 50 markets around the world I read.

The Dragon should be cheaper than EcoBoost as there is no turbo, no direct injection etc. But its also got an all aluminum block and Ford has packed it with technical wizardry to compensate for the 3 pot NVH. And the Dragon also attracts the bigger engine tax as it is a 1.5 L unit. duh!

Thus, not an easy call. But they are launching the Dragon AT in the Titanium+ trim, so that gives us hope that Ford has crunched its numbers well.

If priced well, this variant (AT Titanium+) can be quite the seller. Not much competition and the drive-train is looking good as per the reviews.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 07:56   #756
BHPian

As the paddle shifters are given only in titanium +, what happens trend +AT when you want to climb hills? Normally we see D2 or L mode given in such TC boxes?
Old 3rd November 2017, 08:35   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Try Creta size (if the sidewall wont hinder the wheel arch - dont think it will be problem) which is 215/60/R17.
Thanks a lot. I’d try it but I have two concerns with upsizing.
1) I think, it’s a wild guess, the tpms Ford is using is indirect type, this system takes the metadata from the abs sensor of the car and calculates the speed or revolutions per minute of the tire, change in diameter when air is low in the tire, triggers a warning. If this is the case then upsizing might tamper with the Caliberation. Plz correct me if I’m wrong here.

2) in a city where speed limits are crucial, where I have also lost my license for three months because I was above the speed limit by just 2 Kmph, but not because I was intentionally doing it but because I had forgotten about the upsize in my Figo and the speedo error. I think it’s better for me to stick to the oem size.
While researching I saw Pirelli has this size, I’ll be digging into it a little more when I get more time.

Thanks

Last edited by blurust : 3rd November 2017 at 08:36.
blurust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 08:44   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
Thanks a lot. I’d try it but I have two concerns with upsizing.
1) I think, it’s a wild guess, the tpms Ford is using is indirect type, this system takes the metadata from the abs sensor of the car and calculates the speed or revolutions per minute of the tire, change in diameter when air is low in the tire, triggers a warning. If this is the case then upsizing might tamper with the Caliberation. Plz correct me if I’m wrong here.

Thanks
I am guessing the TPMS would look at only the delta of the values, so since the value is changed in all 4 tires, the change should be neutralized.
batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 10:40   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
I think, it’s a wild guess, the tpms Ford is using is indirect type, this system takes the metadata from the abs sensor of the car and calculates the speed or revolutions per minute of the tire, change in diameter when air is low in the tire, triggers a warning.
Ever since I saw that the facelift version of the EcoSport would come with a built-in TPMS, I was wondering why the company had only put sensors in four of the five tires and put the information on the MID, where there was no way to configure the system if you installed the spare tyre or rotated tyres. I thought to myself that it would be a massive pain to get the sensors inside the tyres physically rotated to their correct positions every time you rotated tyres, and I was wondering how long the sensors’ batteries would last.

Your comment sent me on a Googling spree to figure out what an indirect TPMS was all about. I did not know that there was a system that could do tyre pressure monitoring without using physical sensors inside the tyres (like the aftermarket solution I’m using on my Hyundai Verna). An indirect system seems to be the way to go because it takes care of all the many issues associated with physical sensors.

None of the first drive reviews and videos about the car went into any depth at all about how the TPMS works in the Ford EcoSport. Ford itself does not even so much as mention the feature anywhere in its brochure or the website. I find this very strange. It is a highly uncommon, premium feature and yet Ford does not see fit to advertise it at all.

I wonder if there is any way to reset the TPMS through that puny MID after refilling the tyres. From all that I have read about it, resets after refills are extremely important to ensure the accuracy of indirect TPM systems.
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 10:42   #760
BHPian

Folks, been seriously thinking about cancelling my booking with Harpreet Ford and doing the booking through Amazon on Sunday, mainly because it promises earliest/first deliveries.

What do you guys think? Do you see dealer deliveries coming much later?
Old 3rd November 2017, 10:54   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Folks, been seriously thinking about cancelling my booking with Harpreet Ford and doing the booking through Amazon on Sunday, mainly because it promises earliest/first deliveries.

Do we get to perform PDI before taking delivery? Also how will the registration happen?

My apologies if this has already been Covered beforehand.

I still feel it is better to go through a dealership rather than through an online Commerce site.
Old 3rd November 2017, 10:58   #762
BHPian

I am guessing that Amazon is only taking the bookings and you will still receive the car through the dealership of your choosing, which will handle the rest of your payment and all the formalities and paperwork. I don’t see it working any other way.
Old 3rd November 2017, 11:01   #763
BHPian

If this is the case, I really do not see any advantage of going through Amazon. It will again have the same delivery time as a normal dealership.
Old 3rd November 2017, 11:04   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
If this is the case, I really do not see any advantage of going through Amazon. It will again have the same delivery time as a normal dealership.
I also think that 10k in this case would probably be non refundable.
Old 3rd November 2017, 11:05   #765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post

Forget the rat race buddie on getting the car first. Would suggest you to go via conventional method, the benefits are more. With weak customer laws not something that I would bet on since buying a car is not an everyday chore that we do.

Good luck with the car and do keep us posted on your experience.
ku69rd is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed