Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2017, 11:10   #766
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
I think that's a bit too optimistic. I expect the pricing of the trend+ automatic and diesel titanium to be priced at 9.5lakh to 10 lakh range. What ford will save on the engine cost and missing features of titanium will be offset by the automatic gearbox and the associated features like hill assist etc. Also, the jazz is no comparison to the EcoSport.
I just did some quick calculation (all approximate figures)
Nexon Petrol XM Costs - 6.6 L ex-showroom
+ 0.5L for tax difference of Ford
+ 0.4L for additional features
+ 1.0L for Auto Box
+ 0.3L for Brand premium

Total comes = 8.8L ex-showroom for Trend+ Auto variant. How can they justify 9.5-10L price?

Last edited by Latheesh : 3rd November 2017 at 11:13.
Latheesh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 13:37   #767
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
2 Petrol options in a car that sells higher in Diesel avatar is not what most manufacturers want. Hence I see that EcoBoost being not available at launch.
It is strange, but two of the USPs that Ford bragged about when the car was initially launched - the award winning turbo petrol and the sealed-for-life DCT is gone. What novelty is left in the Ecosport anymore?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
+ 1.0L for Auto Box
+ 0.3L for Brand premium

Total comes = 8.8L ex-showroom for Trend+ Auto variant. How can they justify 9.5-10L price?
Is that how prices are calculated? And the point of reference is what? A TATA?

And you are able to find a price for brand premium? How?
civic-sense is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 13:49   #768
BHPian

Quote:
+ 1.0L for Auto Box
+ 0.3L for Brand premium

That's the most skewed pricing comparison I've ever seen, 30k brand premium when one is established even in the pre owned market as a hot seller and the other doesn't even have footing in the new car market too.Plus the difference in quality of the two, what do I make of the ecosport's now renowned door thud and the nexon's misaligned Ceramic strip then?
dhruvritzed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 14:01   #769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Is that how prices are calculated? And the point of reference is what? A TATA?

And you are able to find a price for brand premium? How?
We do not have access to BOM cost structure of Ecosport - All those figures are result of in-depth market research (read - guess work)

Why not Nexon? I took it as a reference as both fall in to same category. All other figures I mentioned are approximate BOM cost + tax amounts. I checked 1.5 manual trend variant and it shows 7.5L ex-showroom Delhi (Not including any discounts)

As per my calculation 6.6 (Nexon XM) + 0.5L (extra tax) + brand premium 0.3L = 7.4L ex-showroom.

I just added Auto box price of 1L (For ref Ciaz and Hexa charge 1-1.2 L premium for Auto comparing to equivalent manual variant)

Since there are some extra features - added 0.4L to come up with that final figure of 8.8L

Is there any other significant features which commands another ~1L for trend+ variant?

Last edited by Latheesh : 3rd November 2017 at 14:26.
Latheesh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 14:24   #770
BHPian

Quote:

Is that how prices are calculated?
That is what Latheesh would pay for a Trend+ AT.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd November 2017 at 22:57. Reason: Last line was unnecessary - please do NOT post in a rude manner on Team-BHP
Old 3rd November 2017, 14:28   #771
BHPian

Quote:
It is strange, but two of the USPs that Ford bragged about when the car was initially launched - the award winning turbo petrol and the sealed-for-life DCT is gone. What novelty is left in the Ecosport anymore?
Unfortunately novelty did not sell. I am pretty sure there wont be a lot of people who will miss ecoboost, now that they have bumped the power up on tivct. I personally loved ecoboost, but the city driveability drove me away from it. Ecosport kept on selling because of those dynamics, build quality and safety features, affordable maintenance being a cherry on the cake.

Quoting GTO from one of the posts.

Quote:
Equally, while the Vitara Brezza is a competent Maruti, my pick would be the EcoSport. The EcoSport has solid build quality, noticeably more so than the Brezza. In terms of equipment, I get 6 Airbags, telescopic steering adjustment, better sound quality from the ICE, more supportive leather seats...(these are important to me). The EcoSport's diesel offers superior driveability & refinement. Petrol or AT is a no-brainer as the Vitara Brezza doesn't have either. Period. The American also holds the handling advantage, Those who know their cars though might be pulled in the direction of the Ford whose depth of engineering simply feels richer.
You can call me a fanboy, but it's been hard for me to find a better car in this price range against ecosport.

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd November 2017 at 17:40. Reason: Using quote tag.
blurust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 14:29   #772
BHPian

Quote:
We do not have access to BOM cost structure of Ecosport - All those figures are result of in-depth market research (read - guess work)

Why not Nexon? I took it as a reference as both fall in to same category. All other figures I mentioned are approximate BOM cost + tax amounts. I checked 1.5 manual trend variant and it shows 7.5L ex-showroom Delhi (Not including any discounts)

As per my calculation 6.6 (Nexon XM) + 0.5L (extra tax) + brand premium 0.3L = 7.4L ex-showroom.

I just added Auto box price of 1L (For ref Ciaz and Hexa charge 1-1.2 L premium for Auto comparing to equivalent manual variant)

Since there are some extra features - added 0.4L to come up with that final figure of 8.8L

Is there any significant feature which commands another ~1L in trend+ variant?
Price = BOM + profit, is a communist pricing mechanism. The capitalistic idea is to maximize profit.

Price is decided by the market's ability to pay and your capacity to produce.
civic-sense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 14:42   #773
Senior - BHPian

@Civic-sense - Person who look for a manual going to compare it to Brezza/Nexon and Automatic to Jazz V for sure. It is not that they can price it way over competition and expect to sell in high numbers. Have a look at their sales numbers, it is just 3.5K per month (leaving last few months discount sales). FYI those figures are used to come up with the approximate price. Let me know your expected price for the same.
Old 3rd November 2017, 14:53   #774
VR4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
Congrats on the booking, I have tried looking for better rubber for the ecosport but the problem is 205,50 R 17 is a very weird size, yokohama and michelin do not have tyres in this size
As far as the upgrade is concerned, I don't think ecosport is under tyred. If you guys find some better options in the above mentioned size, kindly let me know.
Hi blurust. You can try Michelin Primacy 3ST. The following are the tyre sizes:

225 / 50 / R17

215 / 55 / R17

225 / 55 / R17

215 / 60 / R17

You can also check the above in the link given below.

http://www.michelin.in/IN/en/tyres/p...s-and-versions

Hope this helps.
VR4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 15:22   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR4 View Post
Hi blurust. You can try Michelin Primacy 3ST. The following are the tyre sizes:

225 / 50 / R17

215 / 55 / R17

225 / 55 / R17

215 / 60 / R17

You can also check the above in the link given below.

http://www.michelin.in/IN/en/tyres/p...s-and-versions

Hope this helps.
Thanks, this seems helpful. Any idea how much discount we can expect on exchanging stock tyres with these, or should we stick to Bridgestones only?
Vish_Janu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 15:51   #776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
That's the most skewed pricing comparison I've ever seen, 30k brand premium when one is established even in the pre owned market as a hot seller and the other doesn't even have footing in the new car market too.Plus the difference in quality of the two, what do I make of the ecosport's now renowned door thud and the nexon's misaligned Ceramic strip then?
This is the last one year sales figures from TBHP sales thread for your reference.

Let me know your expected price of Trend+ Auto variant. I know that they used to sell pre face lift Titanium Auto for less than 10L ex-showroom (without including discounts). If you can justify higher price tag that would be great. It will help some people like us to take well informed decision.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-carsales.jpg  

Last edited by Latheesh : 3rd November 2017 at 15:58.
Latheesh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 15:55   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Thanks, this seems helpful. Any idea how much discount we can expect on exchanging stock tyres with these, or should we stick to Bridgestones only?
Being an odd size it would be very difficult finding a guy to exchange the stock 17 inch tyres

Getting a decent price for the 17 inch tyres would be an impossible task.
Old 3rd November 2017, 16:02   #778
BHPian

Quote:
should we stick to Bridgestones only?
I would be sticking to the OEM tires at least for sometime. I want this specific size, don’t intend to upsize and void warranty, Ford is particular about tire size upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemen View Post
Being an odd size it would be very difficult finding a guy to exchange the stock 17 inch tyres

Getting a decent price for the 17 inch tyres would be an impossible task.
I agree, I have seen hankook ventus in this size, I don’t have any idea about those tires. Scouring the forum for some info, please share your experiences with hankook, if you have used them.
Old 3rd November 2017, 16:13   #779
BHPian

Quote:
This is the last one year sales figures from TBHP sales thread for your reference.

Let me know your expected price of Trend+ Auto variant. I know that they used to sell pre face lift Titanium Auto for less than 10L ex-showroom (without including discounts). If you can justify higher price tag that would be great. It will help some people like us to take well informed decision.
Firstly, the pricing of the new ecosport is not out.Secondly, see the cars Tata sells and then compare.Tata has the nano and tiago way below the figo and has mass market taxi cars that obviously ford doesn't.Plus, if you are looking at image, then don't forget the dismal resale value of Tata products.
Old 3rd November 2017, 16:18   #780
VR4
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Vish_Janu !

If you are getting Bridgestone in the new vehicle, suggest you drive down to the nearest Michelin dealer immediately after taking delivery.

Although 205/50/R17 is an odd size, but you should be able to get a good deal.

You can also check Bridgestone Turanza T001 - 225 / 55 / R17 94V, but they would be quite noisy as compared to P3ST.

All the best.
VR4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks