Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2017, 11:37   #796
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

So I see no one talking about another elephant in the room: the waiting period. We all are very well aware of the incredible stories about the waiting period when Ecosport first came out in 2013. Heck, I had to wait for my Kinetic blue Ecoboost for two months even in 2015. I am guessing we will witness similar stories this time round too.
Old 4th November 2017, 12:13   #797
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
So I see no one talking about another elephant in the room: the waiting period. We all are very well aware of the incredible stories about the waiting period when Ecosport first came out in 2013. Heck, I had to wait for my Kinetic blue Ecoboost for two months even in 2015. I am guessing we will witness similar stories this time round too.
I doubt it would be as bad as the launch frenzy. There was virtually no competition back then. Now you have (not debating their worth vs ES, just counting) - Brezza, TUV300, BRV in addition to the usual SUVs
Old 4th November 2017, 12:39   #798
BHPian

The dealer in Siliguri says they have only one Titanium+ AT allotted to them for the months of November and December, and it is not in the shade I chose.
Old 4th November 2017, 12:46   #799
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
The dealer in Siliguri says they have only one Titanium+ AT allotted to them for the months of November and December, and it is not in the shade I chose.
Try amazon then, or do have a look at the allotted shade in real life once. Maybe you like it
Old 4th November 2017, 14:05   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
If you don't mind me asking, which one is it ? Is it going to depend on which colour they perceive as bestseller for a particular market ?

On a different note:- the website features for titanium + AT mentions drivers foot rest aka dead pedal. This is unlike ford but a good edition.

Last edited by blurust : 4th November 2017 at 14:34.
Old 4th November 2017, 14:24   #801
BHPian

I have no idea what the rationale behind it is but the colour is the blue one. It's definitely not for test drives as they don't keep automatic variants available for test drives in Siliguri.
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 15:01   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Try amazon then, or do have a look at the allotted shade in real life once. Maybe you like it
Does anyone know if the Amazon booking can be canceled, if a prospective buyer changes his mind? I was thinking of putting down the 10 K, but if am not happy with the shade or with the car, will I get the refund?
Old 4th November 2017, 15:17   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
Does anyone know if the Amazon booking can be canceled, if a prospective buyer changes his mind? I was thinking of putting down the 10 K, but if am not happy with the shade or with the car, will I get the refund?
Yes. It is fully refundable. Please see screenshot below.

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-screenshot_20171104151529998_in.amazon.mshop.android.shopping.png
spindoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 15:17   #804
Senior - BHPian

Those who are interested in Ecosport and don't know how the shade will look like in real, this may help them a bit.

We have already seen the Blue & Bronze shade. Both are new and are different from earlier colors. Blue is a bit lighter compared to old one, which was more like Ink Blue.

Bronze has a touch of orange particles in it to lend that Tan like color.

Red is similar to the one in Compass/Octavia RS/Baleno. Old one also had red (Mars Red), but it hardly had red thing in it.

Black, White, Silver are same as before. These popular shades can be seen on road.
CarguyNish is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 19:03   #805
Senior - BHPian

Booked a Titanium+ Diesel Lightning Blue shade in Bangalore.
Happy to see the car in person. Dragon 3 cylinder Petrol Titanium MT and the proven 1.5L Diesel Titanium+ MT.

Both were looking good and its awesome.

Some of my observations, although everything is discussed in detail to length & depth in this thread and in reviews.

Things that I liked (As our reviewers write in TBHP official review - small but significant things)

1) As many people mentioned about simple MID, IMPO those who never seen the export version color MID will NOT complain about this one because it is not really that bad or horrible. Yeah, it is just blant but with illuminated lights its okay. However, those who have seen export version colorful MID with EcoSport picture shown first will feel disappointed. But it is what it is. We get simple one in India. I think over time, we will get used to it. The MID had options to enable/disable multiple settings to decide what needs to be shown in MID when you scroll up/down. So you can enable what you want to look at frequently like ODO/Trip meter, DTE etc and rare items can be disabled. TPMS is quite useful one.
2) The headlights are quite good. The car was parked in basement and it was bit dark as it was raining/cloudy in Bangalore. So was able check it out to whatever possible extent. If i am not wrong (need to double check), the good thing i noticed is Low beam and high beam are not Toggle type, means not only one light glows at given point of time. If you have switched on the lights in low beam and then apply high beam using indicator stalk, both lights glow giving very good lighting effect in front. Add to that is the Fog lamp position at higher level which is almost equivalent like normal hatches low beam light giving more lights to front. Plus the DRLs which are pretty good looking in dark/low light. However, i doubt whether DRLs will be very evident or obvious in bright day light or against the sun light. Have to check it out when the car is driven out.
3) The new 8 inch touch screen is extremely simple to use and awesome. The voice commands works very well in SYNC3. Also the Bluetooth microphones are clear enough for other end person to hear in phone calls. I did record the call in my phone and checked it out later to confirm. I couldn't check the sound system well with songs because the car was in basement and didn't pick FM/Radio signals. Didn't had USB pendrive either to check audio quality. However, going by hearing the phone call audio quality, it is quite good.
4) The capacitive touch for keyless entry works great. As you open the door, its nice to see the ORVM opens up with puddle lights on. Its easy to lock the car as well, though not very obvious. There is very small 3 lines in the handle which you just need to touch/tap to lock the car with key fob in your pocket. But remember the key fob has to be really close to the car for this.
5) The interior illumination in blue is super cool. Glad to see a light for glove box too.
6) Adjustable boot height is welcome addition. Very convenient.
7) Foot well illumination is cool with alloy pedals. Though i felt the pedal size may be bit small.
8) Last but not least, the build quality is mind blowing. I can easily say my parents can't close the door with ease. It is so strong and well built. Thanks to Ford for giving maximum importance to safety that too with 6 airbags.

Missing but good to have things
1) Sad that the Driver armrest is not sliding one. It would have been a great addition, but it is okay. Ford removed the Driver armrest in outgoing model since Jan 2017, but it is good that Ford added it back. Rear seat armrests are pretty good. I actually liked the Titanium variant fabric one more than Titanium+ leather one for comfortable elbow support.
2) Inbuilt GPS Satellite Navigation would have been a good addition, but I assume Ford would have done survey and possibly since many use Google Maps with live traffic, the chose to provide Mobile Navigation via Android Auto & Apple Car Play.
3) As in outgoing car, the rear seat is good for 2 adults+1 child (less than 10 years) but not for 3 adults. The leg room is adequate but not great.

Overall, it seems Ford listened to the customers to address the shortcomings of outgoing car. Hence a good car became very good car to buy.

One last word to say after seeing the car today. Trust me. Those who waited for this facelift version won't ever regret. Its worth the wait as ford delivered a good all rounder.

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 4th November 2017 at 19:09.
ravib is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 20:06   #806

@ Ravi- In which showroom you have seen the car?
Old 4th November 2017, 21:33   #807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jins View Post
@ Ravi- In which showroom you have seen the car?
JSP Ford in JP Nagar.

-Ravi
Old 5th November 2017, 00:08   #808
BHPian

First one to book it! As soon as the clock struck midnight, I had it booked within ten seconds. I had already loaded up ₹10,000 in my Amazon Pay wallet and was ready to go.

Thanks, Amazon and Ford, for setting this up. It’s pretty sweet being one of the first people in the country to book a friggin’ car online.

Estimated delivery is between 16 – 24 November, which is pretty sweet!
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-screen-shot-20171105-12.02.05-am.jpg  

aryayush is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 00:17   #809
BHPian

Yes, I had already booked through Harpreet Ford few weeks back but I just wanted to be sure to get it first, so I did it on Amazon as well. Hopefully I will be able to get this purchase serviced through them only.

Nonetheless, I'm excited and it seems car deliveries will start on 14th November itself.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-1.jpeg  

Vish_Janu is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 00:26   #810
BHPian

Thanks to Ford offering booking of Ecosport through Amazon, we have better and high quality pictures on the new Ecosport available on Amazon giving us a good idea of what each color on the car looks like.

The different color Ecosport currently uploaded on the Ford India website looks very pixelated.

Absolute Black
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-b1.jpg
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-b2.jpg

Lightning Blue
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-bl1.jpg
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-bl2.jpg

Canyon Ridge
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-cr1.jpg
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-cr2.jpg

Race Red
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-r1.jpg
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-r2.jpg

Moondust Silver
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-s1.jpg
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-s2.jpg

Smoke Grey
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-sg1.jpg
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-sg2.jpg

Diamond White
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-w1.jpg
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-w2.jpg

Last edited by damager21 : 5th November 2017 at 00:29.
damager21 is offline   (10) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks