Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2017, 13:39   #76
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Yes June launch seems unlikely. I don't even see them start manufacture it before July 01, because of the GST impact on all the systems. Why would one want to make all the entries for a new car, all the suppliers doing the same and then again change everything in a couple of weeks (assuming GST does come into effect).

Because of this reason, I don't think they can even do the Media Drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyfaction View Post
But, I am not seeing any signs at all of a June launch. Also, with GST going live from 1st July, it might not be wise to launch it now and revise the pricing in a month again. If at all they unveil it in June, the bookings won't start until July.

Last edited by jetti : 19th June 2017 at 13:40.
Old 19th June 2017, 18:15   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Mohit, I'm considering the AT once the refresh is launched in October. Wondering if you drove it and what were your impressions of it?
Well I found the AT to be just fine. Not great and not bad either. It is definitely not sporty. The pick up feels sluggish and it becomes a pain specially while climbing on flyovers. But I might be a bit biased as the only other AT I have driven extensively is the ZF box in the BMW which is extremely responsive and the 4 speed AT in my wife's i10 which again felt more responsive than the Ecosport within city speed limits but this might be possibly due to the weight difference. Take a TD and see if it suits your taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
My SA also confirmed that the launch is no where near, but he could be bluffing to avoid me postponing my decision which wasn't going to for sure. Nonetheless, waiting for the ecosport to be the blue eyed boy of the segment again.
Well the consolation can be that there is not much that is going to change in the facelift apart from the ICE screen. Also Ford might do away with some of the safety gadget to price the car more competitively. Last time I visited Ford, the SA there told me that Ford has stopped taking bookings for Titanium + variants of Figo twins. It might be owning to some production issue or possibly less demand. So I am happy with the current car.
Old 20th June 2017, 10:52   #78
BHPian

Folks, more spyshots and another picture of the floating ICE display of the Ecosport 2017 over at IAB.

http://indianautosblog.com/2017/06/p...-system-271412
Vish_Janu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 16:20   #79
Senior - BHPian

I am quite eager to see if Ford is going to reintroduce the driver armrest and lumbar support in the new facelift, which was discontinued in early 2017 models. Would love to see an interior picture

-Ravi
Old 21st June 2017, 07:42   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

The facelift Ford Ecosport in Brazil,

volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 16:07   #81
BHPian

Any idea if Ford will offer the sun roof in the India-spec model?
Old 22nd June 2017, 17:44   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blur View Post
Any idea if Ford will offer the sun roof in the India-spec model?
Unlikely, from all the test mules spotted so far around the country.

Couple of new pictures of the export version, clicked in Coimbatore.

https://www.motorbeam.com/2017/06/ca...d-test-rounds/

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd June 2017 at 17:47. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts together. Thanks!
Vish_Janu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 18:44   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Couple of test mules, a base Silver and a top-end Black, spotted testing in Chennai by a Motoroids reader.

Quote:
As seen in the images, the test-mule featuring the black paintjob is the top end-model while the test-mule with the silver paintjob is the base variant.
Factors that help differentiate between the base variant and the top-end variant of the EcoSport facelift are the wheels and the headlamp unit. While the base variant of the EcoSport Facelift receives steel wheels and a halogen headlamp unit, the top-end variant comes equipped with alloy wheels and a projector headlamp unit.
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-2017fordecosportfaceliftspiedtestingblack.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-2017fordecosportfaceliftspiedtestingduo.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-2017fordecosportfaceliftspiedtestingbasevariant.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-2017fordecosportfaceliftspiedtestingblacktopendvariant.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 23:29   #84
Senior - BHPian

Looks like everyday or every alternate day we are seeing news about test mules. But still awaiting for some good picture on interiors. We have to see who is lucky to capture that soon

-Ravi
Old 28th June 2017, 15:13   #85
BHPian

So as per Ford Brasil, the top of the line Ecosport 2018 will also get 4.2-inch TFT driver information display, as well as a sunroof. Sunroof hasn't been spotted in any test mules so far in the country, however I would pray for/love if the info display makes it to Indian models also.

What do you guys think, any chance?

and here's a brand new, detailed walkthrough of the model. Especially useful if any one of you understands portugese

Enjoy!
Vish_Janu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 18:01   #86
BHPian

In brazil it gets 6-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters

http://indianautosblog.com/2017/06/n...-brazil-272568
Old 30th June 2017, 11:05   #87
BHPian

For Ecosport enthusiasts like us, here is some good news.

Ecosport is ranked highest in SUV segment in JD Power Rankings

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle9742004.ece
Vish_Janu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2017, 18:12   #88
BHPian

Did any of you check this link, the HU looks similar from the spyshots of the facelift? Is this platinum edition new or am I really late to the party?

https://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecos...20ecosport-new
Old 2nd July 2017, 19:29   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
Did any of you check this link, the HU looks similar from the spyshots of the facelift? Is this platinum edition new or am I really late to the party?

https://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecos...20ecosport-new
Sorry to say, but it seems you are late to party

The platinum edition was launched in Jan/Feb 2017 and has the touchscreen as shown in the ford website. This is different from facelift HU ( i believe its a chinese make) and ford introduced it as a stop-gap arrangement with a touchscreen and cruise control functions before the new gen-2 facelift.

The current EcoSport sold ( i believe above Trend variant - Titanium, Titanium+ and Platinum) has this touchscreen. Platinum has additional features like Cruise control, black roof painting, auto headlamps etc.

Check out this video.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2017, 22:55   #90
BHPian

Thanks for the info. I am in a weird place with a weird budget to replace my Duster AWD. My requirement is that it has to be an SUV (purely for the Ground clearance) and it should have an auto box. So am cross shopping from eco sport to X1 and everything in between. If the facelift gets DCT on diesel (hoping against the hope) I will settle for the new Ecosport and use the leftover cash elsewhere.
v6kgang is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed