Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2017, 13:39   #886
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Titanium+ AT @ Rs 10,99,100 - That is ~ 13.5L OTR here in Bangalore. How much is Trend+ AT?

Edit: Trend + automatic around 9.35 Lacs ie. 11.2L OTR (Jazz V Auto is 10.2L OTR)

With this pricing Ford did not disturb any of the competitors. Cross shopping is going to be minimum between W-RV, Brezza, Nexon, and Ecosport.

Last edited by Latheesh : 9th November 2017 at 14:07.
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 13:49   #887
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Great pricing by Ford (except for the Titanium+ AT)

They have retained the same pricing for all variants of petrol MT and Diesel MT, except Titanium +, but then for the additional equipment and features the price difference is totally worth it.

Titanium+ AT is priced higher, 10.50 lacs would have been ideal. Trend+ AT is VFM considering the safety features on offer and the fact that one can't buy an AT with these features elsewhere.

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-price.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-csuv-comparison.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Owing to some discussions on the price of AT variants, I thought to list down the speculations so that we can revisit the post to find out who was correct and who were close

Jude300 - 9.50 for Trend+ AT
Latheesh - 8.80 for Trend+ AT
hondacity - 8.99 for Trend+ AT and 9.99 for Titanium+ AT
aryayush - 9.50 for Trend+ AT and 10.75 for Titanium+ AT
CarguyNish - 9.00 - 9.50 for Trend+ AT and 10.30 - 10.60 for Titanium+ AT
My Guess - 9.20 for Trend+ AT and 10.50 for Titanium+ AT
Myself and Jude300 got close with 15K difference for Trend+ AT. aryayush is closer @ 10.75 for Titanium+ AT

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 9th November 2017 at 14:17.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 13:50   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Fantastic pricing by Ford .

They have retained the same pricing for all variants of petrol MT and Diesel MT, except Titanium +, but then for the additional equipment and features the price difference is totally worth it.
I agree, my car has already been allocated, got the VIN number too, can someone help me decode it ?
blurust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 13:51   #889
BHPian

The on-road price for the top end Titanium + diesel is going to be around 12.8L in Hyderabad, if my rough calculation is right. A little bit higher than the outgoing Ecosport Titanium + (that one was costing around 12.5L on-road). The prices a little bit on the higher side, but I still feel this is justified given what the Ecosport is offering over the competition.

For reference, Brezza ZDi+ costs around 11.73L on-road. So the difference is going to be over a lakh!
DasJager is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 13:51   #890
Distinguished - BHPian

Variant-wise old vs new Pricing:

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-dolt4wlueai4bgy.jpg

Only change is in the Titanium+ diesel, and it leaves a nice little window for the "S" diesel to slot in.

Overall, with the increased localisation levels and with competition breathing down it's neck, Ford could have easily shaved off at least 35K-40K across the range to make it a bit more appealing for the masses.

At these prices, the competition will stop sweating and breathe normally again. Opportunity lost.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 9th November 2017 at 13:57. Reason: added a point.
RavenAvi is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 14:04   #891
Team-BHP Support

Oh, what has Ford done! With such a fierce competition in this segment now; Ford should've been agressive.

When they first launched the EcoSport, it was almost a pioneer. It was compared to the Creta and Duster, which are full-size SUVs.

But now, they have to worry about WR-V, Brezza (which has a Suzuki badge), Nexon, Captur as well.

And what have they done to the AT. The Trend + AT loses feature and the Titanium + is going to be quite costlier. A Titanium AT (with 6 Airbags) made most sense.

A good vehicle, still with a potential to be segment-leader, but limited by price.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 14:16   #892
BHPian

Expensive on-road affair for Ecosport Titanium + AT in Delhi, almost Rs 12,70,000.

Btw, one of the cardekho offers mentioned Rs 19000 cash discount for the model, do you think dealers will offer that, or is it only for outgoing models?
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-capture.jpg  

Old 9th November 2017, 14:23   #893
BHPian

Ford has priced Titanium+ AT 1 lac more than the previous gen Titanium AT. So for a lac more we get following additional features:
*Automatic wipers
*Automatic headlamps
*8"Touchscreen
*Cruise control with adjustable speed-limiting device
*Reversing camera
*Paddle shifters
*Illuminated glove box
*Tyre pressure monitoring system
*Isofix child-seat mounts at the rear
*Better front and rear seats
*Fully flat rear seats

I think they priced Titanium+ AT about 50k higher than what most of us would have liked

There are only 2 other cars which comes to my mind which offer a fully loaded AT with curtain and side airbags
1. Verna SX(O) available for 12.5lacs
2. Honda City ZX available for 13.85lacs

There is No SUV with AT in offer which matches Ecosport in terms of features. Duster AT is too bland and Compass AT is super sexy yet 9lacs more expensive and misses out on features like Side & Curtain Airbags and Cruise control.

I think Ford clearly saw a gap here and priced 50k more given that consumers have limited choice.

Also, I don't think Ford is chasing volumes, they will be happy to sell about 5k units per month which will be possible at the current pricing.

Decent pricing, not a killer pricing for sure

Last edited by damager21 : 9th November 2017 at 14:27.
damager21 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 14:24   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasJager View Post
For reference, Brezza ZDi+ costs around 11.73L on-road. So the difference is going to be over a lakh!
For the difference amount you get

# Side & curtain airbags
# ESP
# Traction control
# Brake Assist
# Hill Launch assist
# TPMS
# 10 BHP more power & 5 NM more torque
# Bigger 1.5 ltr engine which will be less stressed under same condition.

Its upto you to decide whether these tangible additions are worth the price difference. For me, the safety features on offer are more than worth the difference.

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 9th November 2017 at 14:32.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 14:29   #895
BHPian

Quote:
For the additional amount you get

# Side & curtain airbags
# ESP
# Traction control
# Brake Assist
# Hill Launch assist
# TPMS
# 10 BHP more power & 5 NM more torque
# Bigger 1.5 ltr engine which will be less stressed under same condition.

Its upto you to decide whether these tangible additions are worth the price difference. For me, the safety features on offer are more than worth the difference.
You can also add leather seats and 17inch alloys which are missing on the Breeza
nikhil_d1106 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 14:36   #896
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Oh, what has Ford done! With such a fierce competition in this segment now; Ford should've been agressive.

When they first launched the EcoSport, it was almost a pioneer. It was compared to the Creta and Duster, which are full-size SUVs.

But now, they have to worry about WR-V, Brezza (which has a Suzuki badge), Nexon, Captur as well.

And what have they done to the AT. The Trend + AT loses feature and the Titanium + is going to be quite costlier. A Titanium AT (with 6 Airbags) made most sense.

A good vehicle, still with a potential to be segment-leader, but limited by price.
The Ford is being brave here. Majority of the manufacturers are shying away from launching top end AT and Ford has gone against the trend. I think there is a huge potential for top end AT and Ford has done the right thing.
Please spare the Titanium+, none of the competition offers 6 airbags and hence the premium is justified to me.
They are selling pretty well for the reach they have and as long as they can maintain the numbers Ford should be happy.
PrideRed is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 14:44   #897
Team-BHP Support

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
The Ford is being brave here.
I disagree. The current (until today) EcoSport Titanium AT offers every safety feature (including 6 airbags).

Essentially, Titanium is top-end; this Titanium+ is just the typical (O) variant.

What Ford has done is, move all the safety features from Titanium to Titanium (O). And that's not brave; that's being greedy/silly.

Between the current and new EcoSport Titanium AT, here are the additions (based on an earlier post):

*Automatic wipers
*Automatic headlamps
*8"Touchscreen
*Cruise control with adjustable speed-limiting device
*Reversing camera
*Paddle shifters
*Illuminated glove box
*Tyre pressure monitoring system
*Better front and rear seats
*Fully flat rear seats

Not *Isofix child-seat mounts at the rear (already present)

By now adding all these features (some of which were already present on the Titanium+ MT), Ford has put safety-feature laden AT slightly further away in terms of pricing. So, now someone who wants an AT, has to either forgo safety features and get a Trend+ or shell out way too much (just for convenience features such as automatic wipers/headlights, Cruise Control etc.)

I got my Titanium AT for 11 OTR in Pune; this will go between 12.5-13. I'd rather skip this + and get a Titanium for 1-1.5 lakh less.

This is not Ford being brave.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 9th November 2017 at 14:48.
libranof1987 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 14:44   #898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Titanium+ AT @ Rs 10,99,100 - That is ~ 13.5L OTR here in Bangalore. How much is Trend+ AT?

Edit: Trend + automatic around 9.35 Lacs ie. 11.2L OTR (Jazz V Auto is 10.2L OTR)

With this pricing Ford did not disturb any of the competitors. Cross shopping is going to be minimum between W-RV, Brezza, Nexon, and Ecosport.
AT prices are more than I expected. Creta top end AT prices seems attractive after looking at the Ecosport AT top end prices. I agree that the ecosport has more features, but it loses big time in terms of rear space and boot.

I hope Brezza/ WRV will come up with automatics soon.
PatienceWins is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 14:44   #899
Distinguished - BHPian

The AT is definitely on the expensive side especially considering the fact that the AT box has changed from the Dual Clutch DCT to a more conventional Torque Converter which definitely would be cheaper than the DCT.

Overall it is a package that no one else offers and Ford is looking to take advantage of that. If I wanted a good performing top spec AT in SUV guise, nowhere else to go.
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 14:45   #900
Senior - BHPian

Ford has played it's moves generally well, in this release for the EcoSport. I would have loved for the AWD version to have been released here too, which is available in the US.

Mods - Isn't it time for a new thread?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks