Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2017, 14:46   #901
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Excellent Pricing

Have we seen any car under 20L where the prices have gone down during a face-lift? Why this unwanted expectation? If localization has increased, then so have features too.
1) There is a new Engine
2) New Headlights
3) New Steering
4) Improved Suspension
5) New Transmission which should be ideally more reliable
6) New TouchScreen ICE
7) Rear Armrest

All these at same price. Who does that?

Earlier, there were complaints that AT was not available in top trim. They addressed that concern as well. On top they gave the AT with a lower trim as well with all basic safety features. Yes Titanium+ AT is not cheap. But who else is giving you all that in that segment? Brezza does not even have an AT in the first place. With the goodwill that FORD has garnered with Ecosport till now, a little bit of premium is justified.
RaghuVis is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 14:59   #902
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I got my Titanium AT for 11 OTR in Pune; this will go between 12.5-13. I'd rather skip this + and get a Titanium for 1-1.5 lakh less.

This is not Ford being brave.
The market however wants car with all bells and whistles. You go to any of the new car thread and see many complain on not providing AT in top end avatar. I agree there are exceptions -I personally would love if manufacturers offered 6 airbags atleast as an option in Trend or Ambiente. The market however is moving towards AT and launching loaded version makes more sense.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 15:00   #903
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

The old prices shown at the time of launch kinda confuses me. I had purposely saved the screen shot of the pricing on Ford Website on 6th Sep so as to compare with the new ecosport model.

As per the Sep 6 pricing, the old model say Diesel Titanium shows it as 9,71,900 whereas as of today's launch it shows the old model to be priced at 9,85,900.

Similar is the case with Diesel Titanium+ variant. As of Sep 6, the pricing was 9,99,900 whereas today its shows the old price to be 10,67,300.

Am I missing something here or is Ford playing the fool

Of-course, the screenshot for both the dates is for ex-showroom Bangalore.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-ecosport-1.png  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-ecosport-2.png  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-ecosport-price-today1.png  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-ecosport-price-today2.png  

pareshraheja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 15:07   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
The old prices shown at the time of launch kinda confuses me. I had purposely saved the screen shot of the pricing on Ford Website on 6th Sep so as to compare with the new ecosport model.

As per the Sep 6 pricing, the old model say Diesel Titanium shows it as 9,71,900 whereas as of today's launch it shows the old model to be priced at 9,85,900.

Similar is the case with Diesel Titanium+ variant. As of Sep 6, the pricing was 9,99,900 whereas today its shows the old price to be 10,67,300.

Am I missing something here or is Ford playing the fool

Of-course, the screenshot for both the dates is for ex-showroom Bangalore.

Cheers
Are you comparing platinum version pricing with the current titanium + , because essentially that was the top model with touch screen, 17 inch alloys etc.

Last edited by blurust : 9th November 2017 at 15:09.
Old 9th November 2017, 15:09   #905
BHPian

Quote:
The old prices shown at the time of launch
Today's prices shown in live event are of Delhi Ex-showroom.

Last edited by manish_symc : 9th November 2017 at 15:11.
Old 9th November 2017, 15:16   #906
BHPian

They gave a face-lift with improved engines and more features & goodies at the same price as the outgoing model, and I see people complaining?

Am I missing something?
civic-sense is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 15:20   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
They gave a face-lift with improved engines and more features & goodies at the same price as the outgoing model, and I see people complaining?

Am I missing something?
Yes, definitely.

You are forgetting the adage "Customer is King", and at times King Julien at that.

I don't remember any facelift ever with added features and reduced pricing.
jayded is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 15:33   #908
BHPian

Very sensible pricing by Ford. There was always this doubt if the price would increase because of the newly added features but Ford has done well to not increase, localisation helped maybe.

Any idea when S variant would be launched?

Last edited by mudhasir : 9th November 2017 at 15:57.
Old 9th November 2017, 15:48   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
Are you comparing platinum version pricing with the current titanium + , because essentially that was the top model with touch screen, 17 inch alloys etc.
No, I am just comparing variant to variant

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
Today's prices shown in live event are of Delhi Ex-showroom.
But, I have compared ex-showroom price as on 6th Sep vs 9th Nov both for Bangalore ex-showroom.
Old 9th November 2017, 15:51   #910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Its upto you to decide whether these tangible additions are worth the price difference. For me, the safety features on offer are more than worth the difference.
Agree with you completely. Trust me when I say I would have paid even more for the Titanium + given the safety features and the feel good factor. It's just that the average buyer will find that 1 lakh difference hard to get over with. The average buyers are generally not very appreciative of a product for what it offers, but rather judge it by the pricing. I want Ecosport to succeed again, cause that would mean manufacturers would concentrate more on providing better cars and not just cheaper cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
Very sensible pricing by Ford. There was always this doubt if the price would increase because of the newly added features but Ford has done well to not invrease, localisation helped maybe.

Any idea when S variant would be launched?
Fingers crossed, I have checked with the dealership and no one seems to have a clue about the existence of the model S, forget about some credible information.
DasJager is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 15:59   #911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, I am just comparing variant to variant

But, I have compared ex-showroom price as on 6th Sep vs 9th Nov both for Bangalore ex-showroom.
On Sep 11 Cess hike happened and the prices of Ecosport should have been hiked. From the pictures you posted, Sep 6 prices are before Cess hike. Also I think 9.99 for Titanium+ means just 28K more than titanium, this seems to be wrong. Leather seats,4 airbags, auto headlamps/wipers should definitely cost more. When I bought in 2013 there was difference of 30K.
Old 9th November 2017, 16:34   #912
BHPian

Is it true that Ecosport prices are same for all cities?
Old 9th November 2017, 17:44   #913
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

When I bought the Ecosport way back in 2013, Titanium+ was 10.5L on road (I had the Titanium version which was 10.1L) . Please note that this was the introductory price. After N number of price hikes and 4 years later, it's approx 12.5L or 13L on road. A fresh face but more importantly new features and fresh interiors.

People who have used the first gen Ecosport would appreciate this move especially with added features ( cruise control, Auto headlamps, wipers, touchscreen, to name a few). I would say it's a good pricing.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 17:55   #914
BANNED

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
On Sep 11 Cess hike happened and the prices of Ecosport should have been hiked. From the pictures you posted, Sep 6 prices are before Cess hike. Also I think 9.99 for Titanium+ means just 28K more than titanium, this seems to be wrong. Leather seats,4 airbags, auto headlamps/wipers should definitely cost more. When I bought in 2013 there was difference of 30K.
Agreed, in 2013 the Ecoboost titanium option was only 30k over the Titanium, a no brainer given the extra airbags! And as an added bonus also leather seats, keyless entry and start etc.

Pricing is good, i'd say. I think ford knows its boundaries that no matter what it does, it cant break customers from Maruti, and to a lesser extent even Tata. So they've obviously positioned the ecosport as a bit premium(which it should given the better diesel engine) and they're charging a reasonable amount for it.
Its an obvious segment leader now! Except maybe the base petrol could face stiff competition from the Nexon, but for everything else Ecosport would be my pick. Having said that, I'm still a bit sad given the demise of the EcoBoost. It would have made perfect sense to offer the Titanium+ with the Ecoboost engine as well. But seeing the general trends and info from the dealers, ecoboost was a sales dud despite the awesome performance on offer.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 18:12   #915
BHPian

Wow, I have never seen a facelift model priced exactly the same as the outgoing old model.
Ford should be able to sell much more vehicles than before.
The top end AT seems a bit expensive, even when it's not using a DCT, are paddle shifters that expensive?
Atleast here in Goa, there is not a huge market for automatics, so I don't feel the AT titanium price would lower sales but maybe in the congested metros, for two lakhs more the Creta petrol Could be had.

Very happy with the pricing, now Ford Should learn from its Ecosport mistakes ( long waiting time+ price increase+ features deletion)and not repeat it This time.

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 9th November 2017 at 18:17.
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed