Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2017, 18:43   #916
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
As per the Sep 6 pricing, the old model say Diesel Titanium shows it as 9,71,900 whereas as of today's launch it shows the old model to be priced at 9,85,900.

Am I missing something here or is Ford playing the fool.

Cheers
They are not playing fool. Ford silently hiked the prices in October for two reasons as I had already mentioned in one of my posts earlier.
1. they knew they will have to offer discounts on outgoing variant and with the hike the discount which will be offered will seem big.
2. When they launch the facelift they can claim a marginal increase or no increase further creating a positive feel. Today we believe that there is no increase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Wow, I have never seen a facelift model priced exactly the same as the outgoing old model.
Point 2 applies to your comment above, buddy. They infact did the hike just a month before the launch so that you perceive that there is no change. Ford has not only heard the Indian's feedback but has also learnt his phsichology.

Having said that, the pricing is still decent except for titanium+ AT.

On a separate note, I guess the Amazon release was a market test to understand demand and as it turned out to be it was to gauge the demand for AT. With the TITANIUM+ AT getting sold quickly over Amazon they understood what the market demands. Like in the past Ford has been greedy and has priced the AT on the higher side.

What I guess is going to turn out is that there will be a lot of AMAZON booking cancellation for the AT. Also, demand for the AT will slump overtime and will force Ford to come back to its senses and reduce the pricing.

Last edited by Jude300 : 9th November 2017 at 18:44.
Jude300 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 19:30   #917
BHPian

Saw the car in flesh and must say the top spec variant blows you away with features and interiors. Sensible pricing on lower variants will aid sales and those looking to enjoy top notch features may pay the extra buck.

Unfortunately no availability of stock is a dampener and I may wait for 2018 manufactured vehicle if nothing comes by now
Old 9th November 2017, 19:47   #918
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Ford has just announced the price of the face lifted Ecosport referr the email below :

Dear Roy,

The much awaited All-New Ford EcoSport is here. At a starting price of just
₹7.31 Lakhs*, it's the perfect way to make your every drive a fun drive.

So hurry, make sure you check out the car everyone's been waiting for.

I am sure this is going to be a winner in this segment. Have half a mind to go in for an exchange offer for my 2013 Ecosport AT whihc has done only 30K kms...Chennai Registration....Any takers let me know
Old 9th November 2017, 19:51   #919
Senior - BHPian

Any idea what the on road prices for Bangalore would be? Is there an official price list which any dealership has issued to anyone?
Old 9th November 2017, 20:01   #920
BHPian

Great pricing ! The trend+ AT is very well equipped, and at 9.34 lacs ex-showroom (and the market shifting towards petrol and automatics) this variant could practically eliminate competition in 10 lac price segment if the marketing department works hard.

The car is priced substantially cheaper than the base variant Creta Petrol AT, on par with top variant Dzire AMT- needless to say the Ecosport betters these top sellers in many areas.

Well done ford !!
Old 9th November 2017, 20:09   #921
Senior - BHPian

By going through this thread, I see there is some confusion over old Titanium+ with new Titanium+.

Actually, the old Platinum (with touchscreen, 17" Alloy wheels and cruise control) is now the new Titanium+ even with added features (TCS, TPMS, HLA, ESP) that was not there in outgoing Platinum variant.
And also the price for Diesel MT is reduced by 25k in a new facelift.
Of course, the new Titanium+ for AT is little highly priced but that is the premium because no one else has it today.

Overall retaining old pricing for majority of buyers that too in a facelift with added features is something not every manufacturer does in today's date. Charging a premium for exclusive option and availability is not just Ford did out of way, but it is common smartness by everyone in any business.

Well done Ford with sensible pricing!

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 9th November 2017 at 20:10.
Old 9th November 2017, 20:29   #922
BHPian

Guys, Hyundai Verna EX AT at 10.48 lakhs ex showroom price costs 13.2 lakhs on the road in bangalore. (The other car I am considering). So the titanium+ at 10.99 lakhs ex showroom must easily be 13.85 lakhs right? Or would ecosport get benefit for being sub 4 meter. IMHO 12.5 lakhs would have been a good price on road for this variant of ecosport.
Old 9th November 2017, 20:36   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Boring event, though I appreciate Ford trying to make the price reveal exciting. Anyways:

Prices start at Rs 7,31,200

Titanium+ AT at Rs 10,99,100 - which would make it Rs 12.5 lac on road. Way more than what I expected.
I doubt you will get a similar product at a similar price though......Creta? Nope! Duster? Nope! Brezza, no petrol AT etc etc...

If you in the market for a good petrol AT in a high ground clearance, sturdy vehicle, there isn't much choice really
Old 9th November 2017, 20:47   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
I agree, my car has already been allocated, got the VIN number too, can someone help me decode it ?
Folks, I just got VIN for my car too. Any idea how can I track it?

The consignment left Chennai on the 2nd of November, and I was told that it is the first lot coming. Expected delivery - mid next week for me.
Vish_Janu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 20:50   #925
BHPian

I really like the trend+ pricing. At 9.3x I think its great value for money. It has all the essentials. Now I see the need for a titanum at 9.99L. We just cant get enough of variants do we?

Unfortunately the 1.6L extra for the titanium+ results in over 60K tax increase. I cant digest paying so much of an increase in tax.
Old 9th November 2017, 21:05   #926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Folks, I just got VIN for my car too. Any idea how can I track it?

The consignment left Chennai on the 2nd of November, and I was told that it is the first lot coming. Expected delivery - mid next week for me.
Congrats!

There is a thread on deciphering VIN number. You may look at that.

I am glad that Ford has come up with a top end AT version with all the gadgets and did not take the usual route. Waiting for the real time mileage figures for AT version. All the best.
Old 9th November 2017, 21:45   #927

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
By going through this thread, I see there is some confusion over old Titanium+ with new Titanium+.

Actually, the old Platinum (with touchscreen, 17" Alloy wheels and cruise control) is now the new Titanium+ even with added features (TCS, TPMS, HLA, ESP) that was not there in outgoing Platinum variant.

-Ravi
In the brochure, Titanium Plus is available with features (TCS, TPMS, HLA, ESP) But, I think its a printing mistake, sincle HLA (HILL LAUNCH ASSIST) will mostly be available only in AT's.
Old 9th November 2017, 21:58   #928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civilmani81 View Post
In the brochure, Titanium Plus is available with features (TCS, TPMS, HLA, ESP) But, I think its a printing mistake, sincle HLA (HILL LAUNCH ASSIST) will mostly be available only in AT's.
No, it is available in the Diesel Titanium+.

MT can also have hill hold. Creta MT, Duster AWD are the other examples.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 22:14   #929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
No, it is available in the Diesel Titanium+.

MT can also have hill hold. Creta MT, Duster AWD are the other examples.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by civilmani81 View Post
Its not a printing mistake. And i don't think Ford can afford for such basic mistake. BTW, i saw the car last week in person and did confirm that TCS is present. By default it is ON and if required the button next to illuminated USBs can be pressed once to turn if off which will also show a symbol in MID Console.

So it is very much present in MT Diesel Titanium+.

-Ravi
ravib is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 22:14   #930
BHPian

My wait is finally over provided Ford does not disappoint me by cutting down on features or increasing the price at the time I take delivery.

I booked Ecosport Titanium+ AT today. Have been searching for an ideal city car for long and after considering a host of sedans and SUVs, decided to book Ecosport. Will detail out my search process in the initial ownership section once I take delivery but following were some of my key requirements:

1. Petrol AT
2. All key safety features with 6 airbags
3. Superb ride & handling
4. Easy to drive in city
5. Comfortable for 5 passengers

New Ecosport Titanium+ AT ticked all the boxes except point No 5. After owning a hatchback and sedan, I really wanted a SUV so didn't go for City or Verna.

Dealer: Kavish Ford, Powai
I am in no hurry to take delivery so have requested for a 2018 manufactured Ecosport. Currently only petrol and diesel manual is available for test drive. So between Nov and Dec there are 2 important tasks for me
1. Take test drive of AT
2. Select color - I am thinking of either Lightning Blue or Smoke Grey

Saw Lightning Blue today and I loved it. Hoping some customer books Smoke Grey so that I get to see it soon before I decide

Thankfully they had both Old and New Ecosport on display so got to check them side by side
1. The new one looks much more beefed up and hot than the previous version thanks to the new grill, headlamps and fog lamps
2. Front seats are bigger and comfortable. Could make out the difference when compared with the old one
3. Rear seats supposedly is more comfortable in the new one. Honestly, I could not make out much of a difference
4. Titanium+ has 4 speakers, 2 tweeters and a woofer. Behind the floating screen what you see is a woofer. Sound quality is good (played Radio) and I don't think there is a need for upgrade. One of the person who was checking the car said it was awesome but I thought it was fine and not extraordinary
5. Front arm rest does not slide, its fixed with storage space under it
6. 8" touchscreen is awesome. Nice, crisp, bright and lag free
7. Ambiente lighting is cool
8. Headlamps have a good throw and is bright. Yes it is yellow light and not white (In pictures it will appear white)
9. 17" alloy wheels look good and tyres are beefy unlike the skinny ones offered by Honda
10. Steering wheel is awesome to hold with easy reach for all controls
11. Instrument cluster is bland but something one will have to live with
12. Only front doors have locks. When driver locks his door, even rear passenger doors get locked. They can't open on their own. Also there is speed sensing auto door lock
13. There was full wheel cladding which is great and there was no cost cutting seen here as we see in many cars with No or partial cladding

Following are some of the snaps:
LED DRLs is bright
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_2790.jpg

Chrome grill
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_2793.jpg

Auto folding ORVM with blinkers
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_2788.jpg

Front looks beefy
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_2767.jpg

Front in Canyon Ridge colour
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_2814.jpg

Side profile same as outgoing version
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_2801.jpg

Headlamps in action. They are yellow light not white
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_2816.jpg

Spare wheel on rear door. This is Titanium variant and not Titanium+ (Alloys are different)
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_2808a.jpg

Boot space is sufficient for regular shopping and short trips
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_2805.jpg

Illuminated glove box
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_2796.jpg

Bland looking instrument cluster
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_2771.jpg

Auto climate controls. Looks nice. Love the illuminated USB ports
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_2773.jpg

8"Touchscreen is easy to operate and lag free
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_2772.jpg

Woofer behind the touchscreen in Titanium+ variant
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_2809.jpg
damager21 is offline   (24) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks